Of course apps are one of the main problem why people don't buy BlackBerry....but it's a lot more than that BlackBerry is playing "catch up" to much for example BlackBerry is now at that 8mp camera stage and other phones are past that the rumor BlackBerry z30 is not even 1080p. BlackBerry has the best OS hands Down but BlackBerry need to step up a bit the z10 right now should be sporting a 12mp camera 32gb storage (expandable) 1080p or more the software is here but BlackBerry need to step up in hardware....i'm never leaving BlackBerry but hundreds of people are come on BlackBerry do like apple steal and change up a couple of stuff....#blackberry4ever

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 11:35 AM
    Yes and no. MP for a camera arent everything. The camera tech and lens play more role than a MP number. I really wanted a 1080 screen also but I will reserve final judgement until I see the z30 screen. 32 on board storage would be nice. Save me from having to buy a SD card for it. BB was and will never lead the spec game. I agree though its more than just the apps
    EddieAIG, bekkay and kbz1960 like this.
    09-14-13 11:41 AM
    Most of that is just fluff. Unless you are going to print photos bigger than a normal sheet of paper you will never see the difference between an 8mp and 12mp. Just saying.
    09-14-13 11:42 AM
    O-series coming next spring with 2.3 GHz quad-core, 13MP cam and 5" 1080p screen.

Would sooner be better? Sure, but better IS coming.

From the awesome PHYSICAL keyboard of my Q10
    09-14-13 11:43 AM
    I understand but it's does little stuff that are turning people away from BlackBerry I use to have over 700 BBM contacts now I have 105....all to Samsung just because it has "better" spec and now has BBM as I said the os is there all the gestures and stuff are out of this world but BlackBerry are always behind in specs

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 11:48 AM
    Those little *

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 11:49 AM
    I don't think the real question, these days, is about what Blackberry should do with its smartphone hardware. It's whether Blackberry will be in the smartphone hardware business or not. Something big is going to happen with the smartphone strategy now that we have the three solid hardware platform competitors defined. Any hardware that is in the pipeline may never be realized.

If Blackberry is going to continue developing its platform and making hardware, it's going to have to define a niche. There's a good chance that the hardware business will be stripped away from the other business assets.

I seriously doubt it will be competing on hardware specs, particularly megapixels and screens. My guess would be that hardware keyboards will be the differentiator and the consumer segment will be dropped. I wouldn't be surprised of the Z30 was the last slab.
    09-14-13 12:13 PM
    O-series coming next spring with 2.3 GHz quad-core, 13MP cam and 5" 1080p screen.

Source? Cause we can all make up stuff

Member of Squircle of Trust!
    Savior4Life likes this.
    09-14-13 12:14 PM

I dont know Y do u thing bb will exist till next spring?
    Last edited by Dr_Acula; 09-15-13 at 12:51 AM.
    09-14-13 12:17 PM
    I dont know Y do u thing bb will exist till next spring?

Sent from my A52 using CB Forums mobile app
    I don't know why you think it won't. At this point anything can happen. We will see soon enough.

Posted via CB10
    Vorkosigan and brout like this.
    09-14-13 12:40 PM
    Yeah for the average customer will see the specs only they will choose the best specs, for me I choose what device fullfill my need and #ichooseblackberry10

Posted via CB10
    damien kupuku likes this.
    09-14-13 12:43 PM
    Well, nobody knows how the Z30 are. For all we know the speck can make thrills go up and down our spine.
    09-14-13 12:55 PM
    Well, nobody knows how the Z30 are. For all we know the speck can make thrills go up and down our spine.
    Sure hope so.. but with BlackBerry track record.. people are taking the rumors as final hardware

09-14-13 04:52 PM
    Z30's gonna ownnnnnnnn!!!
    09-14-13 04:59 PM

Where's this info from? I saw a post of yours on another thread, something about a post by someone with leaked info that was deleted, but you had the info? Is this that info? I hope this turns out to be the case! Any other details?
    09-14-13 05:00 PM
    Yeah for the average customer will see the specs only they will choose the best specs, for me I choose what device fullfill my need and #ichooseblackberry10

Posted via CB10
    IMO, the average customer couldn't tell you what half of the specs are on their current phone and didn't use specs to select it...
    ibpluto, bradu1, middbrew and 1 others like this.
    09-14-13 05:46 PM
    IMO, the average customer couldn't tell you what half of the specs are on their current phone and didn't use specs to select it...
    They will see which one have more core hahaha :roftl:

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 08:13 PM
    Sure hope so.. but with BlackBerry track record.. people are taking the rumors as final hardware

Today it isn't uncommon rumored hardware ends up being final hardware. Sometimes, final product is worse than rumored, iPhone 5S is an example. Rumor said it is equipped with 13MP camera but it comes in 8MP
    Hopefully, the rumored spec of Z30 doesn't become the final product.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 09:33 PM

"Coming Soon" �2007 Research In Motion
    09-14-13 09:39 PM

Assuming the O series launches with these specs it will be a giant leap from the Z30 and should get BlackBerry closer in specs to the Android leaders Samsung and HTC; however next spring they will also be launching new flagship phones and will have specs close to that. So if that's the case where the specs are near the same the issue then becomes ecosystem and phone/skin features, such as touchless controls and blinkfeed. While BlackBerry has the hub and it's a great feature it doesn't show as well (or BlackBerry doesn't show it as well) as these other features.

Sent from my Q10
    09-14-13 09:50 PM
    I understand but it's does little stuff that are turning people away from BlackBerry I use to have over 700 BBM contacts now I have 105....all to Samsung just because it has "better" spec and now has BBM as I said the os is there all the gestures and stuff are out of this world but BlackBerry are always behind in specs

Posted via CB10
    Soon as apple gets off their duff you'll likely have those 700 contacts again.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 10:29 PM
    Soon as apple gets off their duff you'll likely have those 700 contacts again.
    Are you just assuming the app is still in review?
    09-14-13 10:34 PM
    Are you just assuming the app is still in review?
    Yup. I have no insider knowledge whatsoever.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 10:39 PM
    Yup. I have no insider knowledge whatsoever.
    OK, well we don't really know then whether Apple is still on its duff, or whatever you want to say. It's possible the app has been approved and is waiting for the launch date specified by Blackberry.

Or maybe it was rejected and Blackberry is working on remediation of the issues that were found.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-14-13 10:44 PM
    OK, well we don't really know then whether Apple is still on its duff, or whatever you want to say. It's possible the app has been approved and is waiting for the launch date specified by Blackberry.

Or maybe it was rejected and Blackberry is working on remediation of the issues that were found.
    Well, I'll just blame apple in the meantime. K?

Posted via CB10
    Nharzhool likes this.
    09-14-13 10:47 PM
79 123 ...