Okay so..i wanna talk abt will the blackberry vanish? well, no onw wants that to happen. Blackberry is just so out standing phone, the hardware, the software, and specially the blackberry 10 software.. so i really dont want blackberry to go down like that.. its just so cool to have a blackberry phone in your hand becoz its feels premium.. who else thinks that blackberry should stay.
    BerrySoul likes this.
    04-05-16 05:30 AM
    doesn't matter what we think. BB is going out slowly but surely. It suffered from a lot of bad marketing decisions.
    04-05-16 05:48 AM
    Of course it should stay, but that cost money. Where to get the money from if no sales? Why no sales? Coz everybody is using Android and iOS. They don't even know why. It's all about marketing. Just pack the product nicely and you will sell it. No matter what is inside. That's how it works.
    Jay Wright2 likes this.
    04-05-16 06:14 AM
    Blackberry had their chances to still be in the game, back when the iPhone was announced they had a 50% market share here in the USA and everyone I knew had one and loved it. But when their loyal customers started to ask for better features and functionality, the founding fathers thought they knew better and failed to react and fell into complacency.

At that point in time they had the capital and resources to change the outcome, but failed to deliver a product the consumer asked for in a timely manner. The Blackberry loyalist are quick to forget those days and bash Apple and Google for doing what Blackberry failed to do and have made billions doing it, the rest is history.

Right now the major task of Mr Chen is to provide a revenue stream to keep the company solvent and if that means they have to change their focus from hardware and be a security software integrator, then so be it.
    04-05-16 06:58 AM
    Agree with OP that BlackBerry is a outstanding device and BB10 OS the best money can buy. But few hundred thousands people like you and me cannot change the fortunes for the company. Going by the financial results it looks inevitable that BlackBerry hardware business is slowly going into oblivion. Sad .. I hope it is not true .

Blackberry Priv on Etisalat 4G Network
    04-05-16 06:59 AM
    doesn't matter what we think. BB is going out slowly but surely. It suffered from a lot of bad marketing decisions.
    It's suffering from a lot of bad decisions. Fixed that for you.
    04-06-16 06:51 AM
    Blackberry had their chances to still be in the game, back when the iPhone was announced they had a 50% market share here in the USA and everyone I knew had one and loved it. But when their loyal customers started to ask for better features and functionality, the founding fathers thought they knew better and failed to react and fell into complacency.

At that point in time they had the capital and resources to change the outcome, but failed to deliver a product the consumer asked for in a timely manner. The Blackberry loyalist are quick to forget those days and bash Apple and Google for doing what Blackberry failed to do and have made billions doing it, the rest is history.

Right now the major task of Mr Chen is to provide a revenue stream to keep the company solvent and if that means they have to change their focus from hardware and be a security software integrator, then so be it.
    There are a couple of misinterpretations of facts in your posting.

1) The founding father, Lazaridis, did see what the Iphone meant.
    It just took them a long time to develop a new OS.
    Just look how long it took Chen to develop an android phone without a new OS: 2 years, and it failed!

2) Google tried to build android phones and it failed miserably by buying Motorola division and, after many losses, sold it. They make money not from phones or android, they make money by data mining. Lots of it.
    04-06-16 08:59 AM
    There are a couple of misinterpretations of facts in your posting.

1) The founding father, Lazaridis, did see what the Iphone meant.
    It just took them a long time to develop a new OS.
    Just look how long it took Chen to develop an android phone without a new OS: 2 years, and it failed!

2) Google tried to build android phones and it failed miserably by buying Motorola division and, after many losses, sold it. They make money not from phones or android, they make money by data mining. Lots of it.
    What I was saying was I knew they where aware of what the iPhone meant and they failed to execute in getting something to the market that their loyal users where asking for? They had the resources and capital to make it happen back then and lost their focus.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-06-16 10:10 AM
    Google didn't by Moto to make phones. They bought Moto to gain Moto's patent library, to defend Android as a whole. Sure, they did build phones during their ownership - it wouldn't have made sense not to - but they bought the company, took the parts they wanted, and sold the rest off. For Google, it was a big win.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    04-06-16 08:24 PM
    High end all touch Android BlackBerry.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    04-06-16 08:52 PM
    Too bad BlackBerry didn't get a hold of Android Inc. before Google did.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 11:05 PM
    Google didn't by Moto to make phones. They bought Moto to gain Moto's patent library, to defend Android as a whole. Sure, they did build phones during their ownership - it wouldn't have made sense not to - but they bought the company, took the parts they wanted, and sold the rest off. For Google, it was a big win.
    Sure, but they failed to make any profit with phones while they owned Motorola. They lost a lot of money while they held on to the hardware unit.

They also failed to hang on to Boston Dynamics in robotics. They bought it and quickly sold it.

We'll see if they'll ever make money out of autonomous cars.

Hardware is something they are very bad at.

They just can't make money out of anything they tried other than the search engine, which is what the company started with.

Everything else is a failure. They just made sure they data mine everyone on the globe and make money by selling adds from the information they collect.
    04-07-16 04:56 AM
    What I was saying was I knew they where aware of what the iPhone meant and they failed to execute in getting something to the market that their loyal users where asking for? They had the resources and capital to make it happen back then and lost their focus.
    Just like everyone else did. Google didn't make phones either (or did temporarily and failed miserably) and Samsung makes only phones.
    They failed with their OS attempts.
    So, nobody caught up with Apple in terms of developing both hardware and software successfully for the smartphone market while Chen took almost half as long just to adopt somebody else's OS.
    04-07-16 04:59 AM
    Just like everyone else did. Google didn't make phones either (or did temporarily and failed miserably) and Samsung makes only phones.
    They failed with their OS attempts.
    So, nobody caught up with Apple in terms of developing both hardware and software successfully for the smartphone market while Chen took almost half as long just to adopt somebody else's OS.
    Apples success goes beyond the smartphone industry, people forget they where the first to get their computers into most of the school systems and the young folks who used them are now the ones buying their products.

It was brilliant marketing and at the same time they built a quality product that people wanted to buy. It has nothing to do with all that fanboy and iSheep crap. It's just a manufacturer building a good product and supporting it and they have been rewarded in terms of making billions doing it.

As a business person myself, it's what any person who starts a manufacturing company dreams of in terms of being rewarded for their effort and ability to take risk.
    MikeX74, Eumaeus and TgeekB like this.
    04-07-16 05:15 PM
    BB10 rocks!!

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 06:21 PM
    I too agree with the OP. BlackBerry should stay! And if there is the slightest possibility that they can pull it off, I would be happy.

I have no negative comments.

"Words can manifest themselves"
    (unknown)

 Z10 STL 100-3 with vitamin (SR) 10.3.2.2836 (OS version 10.3.2.2876) on AT&T
    04-07-16 06:30 PM