I don't know about cool but people have been real interested in my Q10 at work when I go to there houses on service calls. They haven't said anything but definitely long looks. I use it taking photos of serial number plates, fill out invoices while looking at my calendar and emails, taking credit card payments thru the Web browser, use it as a quick flashlight and verifing equipment warranties

Posted via CB10
    Morty2264 likes this.
    01-19-14 08:02 PM
    I'm getting kind of tired of people saying, "BlackBerry isn't cool," or "keyboard phones aren't cool." I think lots of people are still stuck in that high school mindset that they have to be the same as everyone else. I like being different. I was at a table with my friends at a restaurant last night, and out of the six of us, four had an Android, one had a heavy-duty work phone, and I had a BlackBerry. It's kind of annoying that people take their like or dislike of a platform to the extreme (i.e laughing at other people, thinking they're stupid for wanting whatever platform they themselves dislike).

What I'd love to see happen: if you like your phone, awesome. If you don't like someone else's phone, why does it matter? It's not your money they spent on it, so it doesn't matter.

Ah. My rant for the day. However, I WOULD like to see more respect for BlackBerry as a platform. It's a little disheartening to see how this Canadian company has been tarnished both by the media and by the public.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 08:12 PM
    I'm getting kind of tired of people saying, "BlackBerry isn't cool," or "keyboard phones aren't cool." I think lots of people are still stuck in that high school mindset that they have to be the same as everyone else. I like being different. I was at a table with my friends at a restaurant last night, and out of the six of us, four had an Android, one had a heavy-duty work phone, and I had a BlackBerry. It's kind of annoying that people take their like or dislike of a platform to the extreme (i.e laughing at other people, thinking they're stupid for wanting whatever platform they themselves dislike).

What I'd love to see happen: if you like your phone, awesome. If you don't like someone else's phone, why does it matter? It's not your money they spent on it, so it doesn't matter.

Ah. My rant for the day. However, I WOULD like to see more respect for BlackBerry as a platform. It's a little disheartening to see how this Canadian company has been tarnished both by the media and by the public.

Posted via CB10
    And I thought I was the only one that felt this way haha! I usually have to avoid this kind of topic with people in public because I get all fired up.

Posted via Q10 on T-Mobile U.S.A
    Morty2264 likes this.
    01-19-14 08:55 PM
    BlackBerry always looked professional and was cool because you could afford high end. Apple is perceived high end now

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 09:10 PM
    Idk man, everyone these days seems to be all about nostalgia and bringing back what was once the norm. Mustaches are increasing in popularity, vinyls are making a comeback and even just styles are returning (look at all the ladies wearing tights). Additionally, I may go to the University of Waterloo, but I've never seen so many BlackBerry 10 phones. Additionally, there are many ads on Kijiji (Canadian Craigslist) asking for BB10 phones. Hell, I had 20 different people bidding on my Z10 when I sold it. I've had people comment on how nice my Z30 is and how they wish they had my battery life.
    All I'm saying is times are changing.
    Really? Mustaches??

Let's keep our heads out of the clouds and live in reality, please. Didn't we all hear the last 2 quarterly results? BBOS is dramatically outselling BB10. I hope & pray that this changes over time, but facts are facts. Currently, not much BB support left in North America. Not only is Verizon the only US carrier to sell the Z30 (online only, I might add), but even Canadian carriers are starting to give up on BlackBerry.

Nostalgia is a beautiful thing. I might rock an afro myself on occassion. But call me when Jay-Z and Beyonce drop their next vinyl record. Speaking of which, Beyonce's new album was dropped quietly on iTunes and broke sales records with ZERO promotion. That's what digital can do. Not saying I don't like Vinyl...just saying that it's the past and not the future.

Anyone think a major BlackBerry shareholder would be happy having the company occupy the same position in the mobile industry that vinyl currently holds? Vinyl sales were up 32% last year. Digital downloads and CD sales were down slightly last year and still make up 98% of the market.

Vinyl sales enjoy massive 32% increase in 2013 while digital downloads drop off | syracuse.com

Keith
    01-20-14 12:02 PM
    Hell, I had 20 different people bidding on my Z10 when I sold it.
    Hell, I had more than 20 different people bidding on the grandfather clock that I got as a wedding gift 10 years ago. IJS.
    01-20-14 12:08 PM
    Yeah indeed so.
    01-20-14 12:20 PM
    BlackBerry is cool too me

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 08:17 PM
    Just seen a z10 and the BlackBerry Logo on the Global News in the cover story of vinyl records making a comeback. The z30 rocks the wired Thunder dome and now the z10 being linked to something cool again. Hard to believe!
    Do you have a link to this article???????

Extremely unhappy with T-Mobile not releasing 10.2 yet...
    01-20-14 08:32 PM
    BlackBerry is cool, but also hope they get hot.

Z30 on 2.2.1.1925 in Canada
    01-20-14 08:36 PM
    I was surprised to see so many bb10 phones in my most recent visit to Toronto. I new they were more popular there, but I noticed 13 bb10's out of a total sample of 68

Posted from my 9900, z10, z30 or PlayBook
    01-20-14 09:04 PM
    Gosh I hope BB NEVER become 'cool' again. Cool is a fad..it fades and become irrelevant. We need BB to be THE constant...the ever reliable...the always dependable even when others become 'uncool'....
    Through time the English language has branched off into another language altogether called "Slang."
    In fact, it's become so commonplace that it's now acceptable to use it as a second language when applying for college or a job.

That's why our BlackBerrys will never become a fad or irrelevant.
    At one time it would have been called: Really neat. It's what's happenin'..Fine..golly,wow.. it's down,baby...hot,groovy,far out, rad, it's to die for, awesome, outa sight!

Know what I mean? Like, can you dig it? Can ya feel me? Ya hip to where I'm at?

As long as we have "Slang," The BB will always be THE constant...the ever reliable...the always dependable!

On a footnote... (referring to Slang)
    We've managed to screw up the English language so bad that it should be totally erased and we should go back to grunting.
    I mean take what I've just written and you'll agree...
    THE LESS SAID... THE BETTER!

01-21-14 01:22 AM
    No,but all this NSA stuff i'm sure is helping.

Z10 on Telus
    No

Not given Apple's sales figures. Higher than ever...

The benefits of using BB10 is not that great (if at all) in the consumer market given they don't have their own services anyways. Using Gmail or Outlook.com with BB10 wouldn't really offer much protection if those Companies were handing data over, would it?

This is why these NSA comments and threads are viewed largely as FUD.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by n8ter#AC; 01-21-14 at 04:16 PM.
    01-21-14 05:21 AM
    I was under the impression that anything that was popular and had mass appeal across all ages and social groups was distinctly "uncool", while anything niche was the opposite.
    I mean if we compared phones to pop, then the iphone is One Direction and Samsung is Justin Bieber.
    Not sure what that makes Blackberry. Discuss...
    01-21-14 06:20 AM
    BlackBerry is not cool anymore. It's only cool to us.

Extremely unhappy with T-Mobile not releasing 10.2 yet...
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    01-21-14 07:14 AM
    Actually my z30 is above COOL. It's very talented, extremely stable, available exclusively to a few, and above all......PENTAGON APPROVED!

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 10:25 AM
    My z10 was warm on 10.0 firmware but once they fixed the battery issues it is really cool. Every time I pick the phone after a long break it feels like it's dead cold.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 10:39 AM
    I think it's cool to have a BlackBerry, communication was the original point of having smart phones to begin with. I have a feeling people are getting tired of toys and will be looking for BlackBerry again soon.
    01-21-14 11:33 AM
    Nickelback. Talented Canadians people like to make fun of but secretly wish they could listen to out loud.

I get your point. I would call BlackBerry the Jazz of mobile devices. Complex but approachable, unexpected, limited appeal. For a sophisticated, intelligent, discriminating audience.
    As opposed to what?
    01-21-14 04:17 PM
69 123