I am posting this thread because it came to my attention that the way BlackBerry is updating OS10 devices, through carriers is in some markets unhindering their progress.

Recently after speaking to some people they have mentioned that they returned their OS10 devices because of the bugs that existed on their version. I have explained that they could always install a newer version, but I realized that it would be a bit tricky.........heck I am still trying to find out.

I wonder if it would be possible to release software updates as they do on the PlayBook. In the same way as you update your OS X or Windows computer. You don't need carriers for that.
    06-18-13 10:07 PM
    Or the iPhone. The fact of the matter is it's unrealistic to expect a new BlackBerry user to manually load a software update on their device just because the company can't get it right with the carriers.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 12:04 AM
    Or the iPhone. The fact of the matter is it's unrealistic to expect a new BlackBerry user to manually load a software update on their device just because the company can't get it right with the carriers.

Posted via CB10
    Agree. Especially when others are trying to move on from this model.

Note: Firefox OS will update through the web.
    07-09-13 11:26 PM
    I've always wanted updates to be pushed straight to the devices from BlackBerry instead of waiting on slow *** AT&T(etc)

Posted via Pilot's Q10
    07-09-13 11:52 PM
    I've always wanted updates to be pushed straight to the devices from BlackBerry instead of waiting on slow *** AT&T(etc)

Posted via Pilot's Q10
    That is how it should be. It would allow for a rapid deployment and for fixing bugs quickly. Not to mention it would put an end to fragmentation.
    07-10-13 08:23 PM