I observed the picture where the guy was holding it up. What I noticed is that they still just expanded the screen rather than using side apps or tasks. Do you think they will use something like that? Imagine how cool it would be if you can see the hub icons instead like this.
    BlackBerry slider screen  extends to the edge like s6-img_20150531_021004_edit.png

could be a samsung and BlackBerry related because you would think that samsung would patent the edge style phones considering apple wanted to sue for using a rectangle. Its rumored to be called the BlackBerry titan. Love the unique and intimidating name. Catchy and attention grabbing. Better than leap. People made fun of it saying it would leap into the trash.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 04:13 AM
    Yeah I think this was confirmed or at least heavily rumoured even before the slider was shown off

Reread your post annd ; it was still just a beta device, could be it wasn't running the software that allowed that to be shown yet, all this time since (and before) they teased it they've been working on it making software (and possibly hardware) changes, no way to know until something leaks or they tease again

Check Out TechCraze
    05-31-15 04:47 AM
    I had been hoping to see something like this... on the activity page, where one can create shortcuts to the apps or functions the user commonly use, all aligned in a vertical way to the right or the left side of the screen(depending on different hand users' comfort). This can segregate BB away from other OSes in horizontal shortcut traditions at the bottom of the screen to make BB more unique in identity.
    05-31-15 04:48 AM
    I had been hoping to see something like this... on the activity page, where one can create shortcuts to the apps or functions the user commonly use, all aligned in a vertical way to the right or the left side of the screen(depending on different hand users' comfort). This can segregate BB away from other OSes in horizontal shortcut traditions at the bottom of the screen to make BB more unique in identity.
    Lol, seriously? Samsung's been doing this for a while now.
    05-31-15 05:16 AM
    I guess you're referring to S6 edge?
    Yeah... i know... Basically any android phones can do that...
    05-31-15 05:27 AM
    Lol, seriously? Samsung's been doing this for a while now.
    Was just thinking the same. This is what the Galaxy Note Edge brought last year:

Last edited by Tsepz_GP; 05-31-15 at 06:42 AM.
    05-31-15 05:28 AM
    The device the guy was holding up was obviously a non functioning mockup, with a transparency under the screen to look like a device. Why do you think they broke it out for so short and shoved it back away? BlackBerry likely won't have it ready for the holiday shopping season anyway, I have faith in that.

Posted via Z30
    05-31-15 07:48 AM
    That curved edge glass is just asking to get broken. I hope BlackBerry nixes the idea. I love the fact that their phones can be thrown as frisbees and come out unscathed. And then the only way to protect that beautiful curved edge would be to cover it up.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    05-31-15 10:07 AM
    That curved edge glass is just asking to get broken. I hope BlackBerry nixes the idea... ...
    This was what in my mind when the first leaked picture of the Sammy's EDGE came out. Be it side knock or side drop... it's gonna f**ked up the screen for good! Even if it's made of kingkong glass!!!
    05-31-15 10:36 AM
    That curved edge glass is just asking to get broken. I hope BlackBerry nixes the idea. I love the fact that their phones can be thrown as frisbees and come out unscathed. And then the only way to protect that beautiful curved edge would be to cover it up.

Funnily enough I have not heard much about the Note Edge's curved glass braking after a fall. It doesn't seem as fragile as it looks, maybe I am wrong though, but if I am not mistaken the curved glass is a tad flexible. Someone please correct me if I am wrong but the whole curved glass 'fad' stems from Samsung and LG figuring out how to make displays more flexible hence the rare Samsung Galaxy Round and original 6inch LG G Flex, both devices were a showcase for curved flexible glass, both phones could handle quite a bit of flex.
    05-31-15 10:40 AM
    Do you know where's the real flexible screen? It's not the glass that you touch from the pictures you attached, but rather the screen under that glass you touch!
    I would really like to see some kind of real test where a user places the concave side of the screen outwards away from the but* when the phone is put at the back of the jean the user wears...
    05-31-15 10:51 AM
    This was what in my mind when the first leaked picture of the Sammy's EDGE came out. Be it side knock or side drop... it's gonna f**ked up the screen for good! Even if it's made of kingkong glass!!!
    Then why would you want BB to implement this?
    05-31-15 10:57 AM
    Then why would you want BB to implement this?
    i don't think you get my idea... i never mentioned that i wish to see a curved screen BB in this thread. However, i hope that the next update, or next generation of OS may allow the users to create shortcut at the vertical side of the activity screen such that the users can access to their frequently used or favorite apps by using a finger from his/her gripping palm to touch on the icon to activate the function. And his vertical "side" is on the flat screen, protected by the bezel or the case of the device.
    05-31-15 11:05 AM
    Do you know where's the real flexible screen? It's not the glass that you touch from the pictures you attached, but rather the screen under that glass you touch!
    I would really like to see some kind of real test where a user places the concave side of the screen outwards away from the but* when the phone is put at the back of the jean the user wears...
    There are some wacky tests on YouTube of how far both can flex, but we are now digressing. The point is a curved display isn't as or doesn't seem as fragile as they may look, the reports of them breaking don't seem to be a wide margin higher or lower than normal displays, the S6 and S6 Edge are going to make a great example in a year's time, we will see which of them fair better over time.

WRT Vertical side key, you mean like we have of the Note series for multiwindow:

It works very well as it can be brought up with a long press of the Back button. That would be a great addition to the BB OS.
    05-31-15 12:18 PM

People tend to forget that gorilla glass is getting stronger. They were actually working on one a couple of months ago that is like unbreakable.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 12:18 PM
    The s6 edge doesn't take advantage of the wrap screen like the note edge does it?
    05-31-15 02:01 PM
    The s6 edge doesn't take advantage of the wrap screen like the note edge does it?
    No, it doesn't. A friend has the Note Edge. It's pretty cool, but too big for me, and I don't see how to put a case on it.

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>
    05-31-15 02:30 PM
    The edge that I saw on display had a flip case with the top cover a 1/4 " narrower so the edge was visible.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 04:07 PM
    I just picked up a Note Edge and can confirm the flip case leave the curvature exposed - actually a really neat setup -
    although if you are a power user, forgo the flip case b/c all you'll be doing is leaving it open lol
    06-01-15 08:24 AM
    I just picked up a Note Edge and can confirm the flip case leave the curvature exposed - actually a really neat setup -
    although if you are a power user, forgo the flip case b/c all you'll be doing is leaving it open lol
    I got a flip case for my Z30. It looked really cool, but, as you said, I was always leaving it open, so it became a pain in the neck!

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>
    06-02-15 08:59 PM
    Right but the curved edge in the slider won't have any kind of notification features like the note edge. It's just a curved edge....I've held the s6 edge a few times and it feels very fragile.

If the slider has that...great. What I see coming is a phone made by Samsung with blackberry brains. But at the same time I'm confused about that because blackberry would be basically heavily involved with Android.
    06-03-15 07:52 AM
    06-17-15 11:26 PM
    Right but the curved edge in the slider won't have any kind of notification features like the note edge. It's just a curved edge....I've held the s6 edge a few times and it feels very fragile.

If the slider has that...great. What I see coming is a phone made by Samsung with blackberry brains. But at the same time I'm confused about that because blackberry would be basically heavily involved with Android.
    As a Samsung Rep, I carry a demo s6edge in my pocket all day. I get the typical "it would break so easily" or "it must be fragile" comments so much, I've taken to actually tossing the device to the ground. It's taken more "drops" than I can possibly count and is still like new.

A customer tried that with his iPhone 6+... did not work out so well.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    06-18-15 07:43 PM