http://m.theglobeandmail.com/report-...service=mobile
    Please read the above article on Globe..
    Note:-
    Let users decide...Give them option to chose as a configuration setting.

I think there is a concern among old hard core blackberry users that gesture based interface is confusing and a lot miss trackpad...I love the new gesture based flow but I think a lot of user base above 45 dont like to learn new stuff and were perfectly happy with simplicity of old 07 style...I think A lot of them are alienated by this new OS..
    It will be great if we can have a simple configuration option, by which if a user wants he can avoid lot of gestures, disable multi-tasking and make it as vanilla as possible...I think that would keep both the old and the new users happy...
    Note again - I am not saying to back to OS7, I am saying give a configuration option so user can decide if wants simplicity or next generation swipe based OS.
    BTW - I love new BB10 OS

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BB10user07; 11-30-13 at 10:34 PM.
    11-30-13 09:27 PM
    Hmmm sorry to disagree with you but I don't think a lot of people want to dumb down BB10. It's impossible to do anyway. The OS is amazing and offers so much. Why would anyone want to go back to what we had on OS7???
    Oh and even tho I might not look it, I'm over 45 and do not approve of your message! LOL
    Sorry. I can't agree with you. Let's see what others think!!!
    geoffsdad likes this.
    11-30-13 09:31 PM
    Hmmm sorry to disagree with you but I don't think a lot of people want to dumb down BB10. It's impossible to do anyway. The OS is amazing and offers so much. Why would anyone want to go back to what we had on OS7???
    Oh and even tho I might not look it, I'm over 45 and do not approve of your message! LOL
    Edited with article on Globe...Thats where my opnion is coming from and some others I have spoken too who are still on bold.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 09:35 PM
    Keep moving! As with any thing in life, there are many changes. Change can be good. One is never too old to learn new things, in spite of the saying "You can't teach an old dog new tricks". One does learn to adapt and it can be fun.

Not saying I do not see where you are coming from, this is simply my take on things. As technology changes, and we all know how fast that happens, we change with it
    11-30-13 09:43 PM
    Somewhere between totally different and identical is a good balance. "Totally different" hasn't been very successful. So logically, less different from what people know must be, well, less of a failure at least.

It a simple numbers game: more people like BBOS than like BB10. In material ways that means BBOS Is "better".

A BB10 device that works more like BBOS is absolutely feasible and is so optionally: yes, BB10 fans can keep things as they are and BBOS users could have a more familiar experience (both hardware and software) but could still play angry birds et al. The option to have the BBOS UX on BB10 would sell a lot more devices than BB10 has, and that's what we all want, right?

If ndroid can tolerate touch wizard or sense or motor and "pure android", BB10 can tolerate a combination of apps and hardware changes that present as BBOS.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 09:48 PM
    I think there is no doubt there are things that OS 7 just did more efficiently and better. BB10 is built for touchscreens and OS 7 was built for a keyboard. For some the trackpad is better. OS7 is the choice of many today and will be for a couple years to come until forced to move on.
    11-30-13 09:50 PM
    I think there is no doubt there are things that OS 7 just did more efficiently and better. BB10 is built for touchscreens and OS 7 was built for a keyboard. For some the trackpad is better. OS7 is the choice of many today and will be for a couple years to come until forced to move on.
    I'd say that BB10 was built with a "long press to select, touch to activate" paradigm, but BBOS 5 and lower was built with a "touch to select, long press to activate". That's an oversimplification but the point is that BBOS 6 and 7 do both interchangeably depending on whether you use the touchscreen or the trackpad, and so could BB10.

Posted via CB10
    greenberry666 likes this.
    11-30-13 09:54 PM
    Dear John Chen: Here�€™s how to start fixing BlackBerry - The Globe and Mail

I think there is a concern among old hard core blackberry users that gesture based interface is confusing and a lot miss trackpad...I love the new gesture based flow but I think a lot of user base above 45 dont like to learn new stuff and were perfectly happy with simplicity of old 07 style...I think A lot of them are alienated by this new OS..
    It will be great if we can have a simple configuration option, by which if a user wants he can avoid lot of gestures, disable multi-tasking and make it as vanilla as possible...I think that would keep both the old and the new users happy...

Posted via CB10
    That author of the article demonstrated no knowlege of the mobile phone business. The 9900 had stopped selling . The North American market was drying up. Businesses had almost stopped buying (except maybe in the UK). It boils down to this - there is no market for a smartphone with a low IQ.
    11-30-13 09:56 PM
    Well other than the fact that it doesn't sound like the author has even attempted to use a Bb10, I can see people with time management issues and tech fear having difficulty adjusting.

On the other hand, the learning curve isn't that great and it just takes one tech savvy person in the office to help the others figure things out.

Interestingly my mother, who is 72 and not a techy, really likes my Z10 but plans on holding onto her curve for awhile longer. She just retired and so doesn't feel the need to upgrade her phone every year anymore.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 09:57 PM
    You know, my favorite BlackBerry among the various I've owned is the 9650 and every so often I fire it up. One of my ideas of relaxation is to lay back on the couch or in bed and do some writing. I use the 9650 for that still just out of pure nostalgia or something along those lines.

Part of me misses the UI of BBOS, or maybe I miss the time I lost between then and now because I'm getting older with each passing day I have nothing but fond memories of my previous devices despite the slightly occasional battery pull and when I see BBOS I think "Aww, I loved you." Almost something like when you look at a good past relationship and remember the good times and feelings, but then take stock of now and realize just that: that was then but *this* is now. Yep, I love my Q10.

If there were a way to get that wireframed theme on my Q I might even go for it, but to switch entirely into that or similar on the daily driver? I couldn't see it. BB10 is a far more extensive and general whip cracking experience

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 10:09 PM
    I think it's worth trying to understand why BB7 outsells BB10 by such a large margin. Is it just because of price?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    11-30-13 10:15 PM
    http://m.theglobeandmail.com/report-...service=mobile

Posted via CB10
    I disagree as well this is the most absurd thing thing I've heard all day. I'm an above 45yr old user and out with the old inefficient os7. Why would you not want to adopt BlackBerry os10. It's so much better in every way. Trackpads are so 1970 anyways. For people to say os7 is better is ridiculous. People that are not open to change should not use technology period. There are new adopters in every age category. People who do not like change is a personality issue not age issue. To place an age bias is simple an unintelligent way of describing a personality flaw. Not everyone is an early adoptor and not everyone will also like all touchscreen BlackBerry's.

Posted Via CB10/SQN100-3 luvn leak 10.2.1.1055
    11-30-13 10:20 PM
    I think it's worth trying to understand why BB7 outsells BB10 by such a large margin. Is it just because of price?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    I agree price is alot of it. the same reason why windows phone is gaining marketshare nicely while bb seems to be going the otherway
    11-30-13 10:21 PM
    BB10 has the right amount of complexity that enables it to get things done efficiently.
    11-30-13 10:22 PM
    I'm over 50 and I absolutely L-O-V-E the BB10 gestures! Nothing beats it... NOTHING!
    11-30-13 10:34 PM