Oh I'm not criticizing your language use, I'm criticizing the smartwatch idea itself.
    Yeah. I miss understood.
    No problem

Posted via CB10 on my ZED10
    01-27-14 10:34 AM
    I don't see the need for BlackBerry to jump into this. Moreso I don't think the company is going to jump into a completely new venture give the state of the company.

I don't believe any smartwatch maker has proved the concept nor is there a market and demand for it.

It would be an awful move to pull resources from the company to do this. Seems like this would be a move the old regime would make.

John Chen isnt making a smartwatch. He for the first time in years has a direction for the company, lets let him execute it before we decide to build a new product that may or may not ever make it to market nevermind produce sales.
    rthonpm likes this.
    01-27-14 11:44 AM
    I do not think that smart watches have some future, would hate the idea of ​​being recharging my watch every day
    01-27-14 11:52 AM
    People don't even want BlackBerry phones much less a BlackBerry smartwatch. Mr. Chen has a huge mental fight to get the masses thinking BlackBerry is still even in the game.

Keep The Faith ? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    01-27-14 11:57 AM
    Knowing BB and the Playbook, it'll probably be missing a native clock and you'll have to download a sepetate app

Sent from my RM-821_eu_france_267 using Tapatalk
    01-27-14 12:22 PM
    Wait for BlackBerry to release a "dumb watch".

Its going to ask you what time is it.

Posted via CB10
    Haha!!

Swordsmanship Channel C000C9AF6
    01-27-14 12:24 PM
    I agree with what Chen said in that one big, blockbuster move puts you in the game again. However, I do not believe that developing a smartwatch is that move. It needs to be innovative and relatively new and unseen. Currently there are as many, if not more, compnaies making smartwatches as there are phones. There are only so many features that you could put on a smartwatch and other companies are currently involved on those. I do not believe that this is any where near where Blackberry's focus should be.

On another note, as a previous Pebble Smartwatch owner I can honestly say that smartwatches are over rated. At least in my opinion. Again, there are only so many features that you can incorporate into a smartwatch. I also found myself not being one of those that couldn't simple just look at their phone for the necessary inofrmation.
    I know that the company is focused on recovering to be profitable again. But I think it would be a good idea for BlackBerry to jump on that ship while it's hot.
    Why?
    Because blackberry is the best when it comes to communication.
    They should make smartwatch compatible for BlackBerry and android.
    It should be blackberry stylish, waterproof and give you easy overview of your messages.
    People have different opinions when it comes to smartwatches but I think they will sell well.
    Chen talked about making one big blockbuster movie and you are back in the game.
    This could be one...
    What do you think about it?

Posted via CB10 on my ZED10
    01-27-14 12:43 PM
    I think it would be cheaper, take less time, and be more efficient if they simply partnered (or worked with) with a smartwatch maker to provide official support, not just work arounds that CrackBerry members find haha
    01-27-14 12:48 PM
    Just wait until Foxconn can do it and then call it a Blackberry. It's the future of innovation!
    01-27-14 01:07 PM
    BlackBerry should build an app to work fully with existing smart watches if they wanted to enter that realm.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 01:08 PM
    Blackberry should produce inexpensive enterprise keyboard devices and that's it.
    01-27-14 01:54 PM
    Blackberry should produce inexpensive enterprise keyboard devices and that's it.
    A device that physically hooks up to BlackBerry's phones and turns a keyboard and screen into a blackberry with more of a laptop feel. It could juist be a keyboard and screen that uses the BlackBerry as a cpu/antenna etc.

Posted via my Q10, USA
    01-27-14 02:21 PM
    Since not to many folks are buying the phones, may as well have a smartwatch to not go with it.
    01-27-14 03:26 PM
    BlackBerry should partner with a high end and/or mid range watch maker.
    The watch should be fashionable first and geeky second.

Tissot or Citizen or Breitling

These watches already are smart, the connection to the BB10 would be additional functionality.

Then the advertisement would be about using the watch as an accessory to the phone, not a replacement.
    Show people dressed in tuxedos and gowns, casually glancing at their watches when they get a notification and knowing by the indicators whether it was important enough to interrupt their night.
    01-27-14 08:29 PM
    I don't know if BlackBerry should get into the smartwatch business right now (as a lot of people here have said already). I don't think it's the right time for smartwatches yet either, I think they need to come down in price a little more before the average consumer will really think about getting one. Then again iPhones are pretty expensive too... I wonder if cell phone companies would eventually be selling smartwatches on contract? 2 year contract for a free smartwatch? Sigh.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 10:42 PM
    Honestly I don't see smart watches catching on. So I'm going to agree with the prior no votes.
    01-27-14 10:45 PM
41 12