use this video and at the end of the video just say something be safe on your BlackBerry and show the Z30 and Q10.
    12-15-13 04:04 PM
    OK. I will tell people to be safe. But keep in mind a BB10 out of BES10 is not that much safer than anything else out there.

They can't crack the OS, ok, but they can intercept the data that comes in and out of it.

Can I have the my minute back, please?
    00stryder, jason9900 and aniym like this.
    12-15-13 07:45 PM

use this video and at the end of the video just say something be safe on your BlackBerry and show the Z30 and Q10.
    Ummmm the majority of the NSA uses BlackBerry. Why would BlackBerry bash the NSA when they are a huge customer? Don't bite the hand that feeds you

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 09:35 PM
    It's not like the NSA has an alternative. They have to use BlackBerry.
    12-16-13 03:26 PM
    The bottom line is no device is guaranteed safe in today's high tech world.

Any software encrypted data can be cracked with today's high powered super computers.

Sent using the CB app from my iPhone 5
    12-16-13 03:30 PM
    OK. I will tell people to be safe. But keep in mind a BB10 out of BES10 is not that much safer than anything else out there.

They can't crack the OS, ok, but they can intercept the data that comes in and out of it.

Can I have the my minute back, please?
    Do your research because your wrong.

Z30 - The Final Destination - 859 Portage ave, Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos - C00016D82
    12-16-13 10:56 PM
    The point is BlackBerry is a trillion times safer and more secure than the competition and the competiton literally has no privscy or security, they are literally anti privacy and anti security, while BB is the opposite. So much so, that the own government and illegal and unconstitutional NSA use them.

At the end of the video just say something like that, be safer with BlackBerry, even the NSA and president uses them. And show the phones. BOOM!

Don't be jelly.
    12-16-13 11:03 PM

Any software encrypted data can be cracked with today's high powered super computers.

I don't think so. If you have a significantly large keyspace, it will take way too long for someone to brute force it.
    Last edited by JuiciPatties; 12-17-13 at 09:18 AM. Reason: missed a few words
    12-16-13 11:05 PM
    The point is BlackBerry is a trillion times safer and more secure than the competition and the competiton literally has no privscy or security, they are literally anti privacy and anti security, while BB is the opposite. So much so, that the own government and illegal and unconstitutional NSA use them.

At the end of the video just say something like that, be safer with BlackBerry, even the NSA and president uses them. And show the phones. BOOM!

Don't be jelly.
    Apple, Google, Microsoft and other tech giants team up to fight NSA spying tactics - IT News from V3.co.uk

Eight of the world's largest technology companies have signed a joint letter to the US president and congress, demanding reform on the methods used by government agencies to gather user data.

The open letter, published on the Reform Government Surveillance website, has been signed by Apple, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, LinkedIn, Yahoo, AOL and Twitter. The letter states that "the balance in many countries has tipped too far in favor of the state and away from the rights of the individual – rights that are enshrined in our Constitution. This undermines the freedoms we all cherish. It's time for a change."
    Seems strange that BlackBerry's competitors all signed that letter, yet BlackBerry itself didn't. Heck, they should have done it for the free marketing alone.
    12-16-13 11:09 PM
    Apple, Google, Microsoft and other tech giants team up to fight NSA spying tactics - IT News from V3.co.uk

Seems strange that BlackBerry's competitors all signed that letter, yet BlackBerry itself didn't. Heck, they should have done it for the free marketing alone.
    That means absolutely nothing.

Besides the fact that google, apple and ms are all part of that illegal and unconstitutional crap, all those companies have always said they respect or privscy, etc. and they don't do any anti privacy crap and look how that turned out.

You're either a BB hater or a slave of one of those other companies, are actually for all this losing rights and unconstitutional crap, or still decide to be a naive, blind sheep and believe everything, and call anything that states the opposite as "tin foil conspiracy theories."
    12-16-13 11:33 PM
    That means absolutely nothing.

Besides the fact that google, apple and ms are all part of that illegal and unconstitutional crap, all those companies have always said they respect or privscy, etc. and they don't do any anti privacy crap and look how that turned out.

You're either a BB hater or a slave of one of those other companies, are actually for all this losing rights and unconstitutional crap, or still decide to be a naive, blind sheep and believe everything, and call anything that states the opposite as "tin foil conspiracy theories."
    Wow, was all of the personal attacks really necessary? How have you not been banned yet? You're supposed to discuss the topics, not the poster.

You claimed BlackBerry's competitors are anti privacy and that they are actually a part of the NSA, yet there they all are, publicly fighting to stop the spying. Where is BlackBerry speaking out against the actions of the NSA? Do you have a link for that?
    12-16-13 11:58 PM
    I think all this talk about security is overhyped.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 12:00 AM
    The bottom line is no device is guaranteed safe in today's high tech world.

With BlackBerry you only get upto 10 tries before it wipes the device. As for the stuff going to & from the phone, that stuff is currently being encrypted using BlackBerry's elliptical encryption. They say it would take over a billion years to crack that encryption with today's super computers....though only a few hours with the quantum computers that are expected within the next decade....So I guess that means that we are safe until Mike cracks quantum computing

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 01:05 AM
    Could you atleast tell us why he is wrong?
    12-17-13 01:18 AM
    Check this out

BlackBerry should make a partnership with these great heroes.-img_00000006.png

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 02:03 AM
    Ummmm the majority of the NSA uses BlackBerry. Why would BlackBerry bash the NSA when they are a huge customer? Don't bite the hand that feeds you

Posted via CB10
    The NSA works under the DoD so of course they use BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 02:06 AM
    ]

Z30 - The Final Destination - 859 Portage ave, Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos - C00016D82
    Last edited by SDTRMG; 12-17-13 at 02:23 PM.
    12-17-13 09:31 AM
    Can Blackberry guarantee that the NSA can't ever get my data? If they can great, if no then it's a waste of time.
    12-17-13 09:35 AM

Show your sources proving me wrong.

If I am over WiFi and the network is compromised, are you really going to say the data coming out of my device and the requests I make can't be accessed?
    12-17-13 12:33 PM
    Show your sources proving me wrong.

If I am over WiFi and the network is compromised, are you really going to say the data coming out of my device and the requests I make can't be accessed?
    As has been posted by R.Field in another thread.

There are some fundamental aspects of the system architecture that are designed from the ground-up to have a focus on being either inherently secure or securable. This is a distinct differentiating aspect of the Blackberry platform, with or without BES.

Tell me when was the last time you heard of someone with a BB10 device that was rooted.

I thought so.

The Security Benefits of the QNX Microkernel

It contains less code (about 150,000 lines)
    This small footprint helps eliminate vulnerabilities by making security verification and testing easier and more robust

It?s designed for resiliency

The Microkernel isolates processes in the user space
    Unresponsive processes are restarted without affecting others, so that applications don?t crash the OS

It minimizes all root processes

Only the most essential BlackBerry processes run as root
    Root processes are not available to non-BlackBerry parties, which makes the OS less vulnerable to security risks

The QNX Microkernel diagram below illustrates how user processes cannot directly access other processes.

Contained and Constrained: Application and Malware Controls

The best way to protect your enterprise from mobile malware is to use an operating system that?s designed to resist it. BlackBerry 10 uses a ?contain and constrain?
    design strategy to mitigate against malware risks.

By sandboxing the user space, BlackBerry 10 can block malicious behavior:

Processes are constrained within the user space and the microkernel carefully supervises inter-process communication.
    Memory accessed by the user space is also authorized by the microkernel.
    Any process that attempts to address unauthorized memory is automatically restarted or shut down.

And in the next diagram, you?ll see just a few examples of the security mechanisms that are integrated into the BlackBerry 10 operating system to protect against attacks and arbitrary code execution.

Protection MechanismDescription
    Non-executable stack and heapStack and heap areas of memory cannot execute machine code, protecting against buffer overflows
    Stack cookiesBuffer overflow protection to prevent arbitrary code execution
    Robust heap implementationsA form of protection against heap area of memory corruption that can lead to arbitrary code execution

Address space layout randomization(ASLR) Random allocation of a process? address space makes arbitrary code execution more difficult
    Compiler-level source fortificationCompiler option replaces insecure code constructs where possible

Guard pagesA form of protection against heap buffer overflow and arbitrary code execution

http://us.blackberry.com/content/dam...rity-Works.pdf

http://m.techradar.com/news/phone-an...issues-1103381

http://m.networkworld.com/news/2012/...hone-881271%2F

When your brand new phone gets hacked 5 ways within the first 72 hours on the lockscreen then gets the TouchID hacked in the first week you have big issues.

http://threatpost.com/ios-7-plagued-...ss-flaw/102375

http://m.cnet.com/news/touch-id-hack...legit/57604255

Other phones security is a joke. Look how easy it is to root/jailbreak their phones. I saw another article Bla1ze posted at one point detailing the laundry list of Apple security issues. I wish I had it available.

Android is the malware king and if you look how open the Google Play store is you will see why. There is next to no screening/vetting of apps.

http://thenextweb.com/insider/2013/0...ndroid/#!o8UBt

Apple product must be neutered to be allowed for use on Us Department of Defense networks.

http://www.berryreview.com/2013/05/2...vernment-work/

There is a reason BlackBerry still maintains a gold standard when it comes to security bes or no bes. Android apps are sandboxed and never given access to the RTOS kernel.

Sadly hardly anyone cares. They freely buy Nexus phones to be data mined by Goggle just so they can generate more ad revenue. It's sad but whatever if you want your credit info susceptible go ahead.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/...rd-data-stolen

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2013/09/...s-infographic/

I can't be bothered to post the rest. It's not even debatable. If you can't listen to facts, proof and sources then I can't help you. Making blanket statements saying BB10 is only as secure as iPhone and Android devices is laughable at best. Please provide me some evidence to back up those claims.

12-17-13 02:22 PM
    Let's set aside the fact that "BB = security" rallying cry has been used by every CEO the company has ever had and has never worked as a sales tactic.

The ad the OP is suggesting takes a swipe at possibly the largest enterprise consumer BB has in the western world by calling NSA surveillance "unconstitutional". Not only does that come off as the most tone-deaf ad in the world, but what guarantee is there that BB won't simply hand over its encryption keys or allow some level of backdoor access for the NSA?
    12-17-13 02:34 PM
    Let's set aside the fact that "BB = security" rallying cry has been used by every CEO the company has ever had and has never worked as a sales tactic.

The ad the OP is suggesting takes a swipe at possibly the largest enterprise consumer BB has in the western world by calling NSA surveillance "unconstitutional". Not only does that come off as the most tone-deaf ad in the world, but what guarantee is there that BB won't simply hand over its encryption keys or allow some level of backdoor access for the NSA?
    BlackBerry is not using security to try and sell phones.

12-17-13 05:29 PM
    Well if they ever did & it got out a-la-snowden ect. It would destroy their security credibility.

BlackBerry is a Canadian company. The NSA was able to coerce American companies into giving them backdoor access by threatening their executives with prison if they didn't allow them access or if they even let anyone know that they had been forced to give access. (they used national security as the excuse) The NSA can't do that to BlackBerry as they are not a US company.

BTW
    Looking at what has come out in that 6 months since Snowden, not all companies even tried to fight the NSA's access in their secret court. Companies like Google, & Microsoft objected, where Apple & a few others readily gave them the info

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 05:53 PM