I think the Z10 should be introduced to the multi window!

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 12:57 PM
    Multi windows is a gimmick, I don't need a gimmick to get my work done. Btw how many Galaxy owners who have this feature actually use it? maybe 3-4% of them?
    08-07-13 01:09 PM
    I think the Z10 should be introduced to the multi window!

Posted via CB10
    I think it makes the screen smaller than you need it to be. Even if you can adjust (and readjust), swiping out and using the active frames is a better experience IMO.

I bought the Web Splitter app but don't use it due to more inconvenience than convenience.

All based on my experience.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 01:15 PM
    It's less of a gimmick if your screen is large enough. If you have a tablet or phablet then you can start doing useful things with it.

Here's some ways I use it personally.

Floating calculator on top of a browser when I want to do calculations based on numbers in the article.

Chat window open on top during a long running conversation, browsing reddit / browser at the bottom while waiting for the other parties to respond

Youtube video on top playing news clips or music, doing other stuff in the meantime

Browser open in one window, evernote open in another to copy and paste and paraphrase.
    08-07-13 01:24 PM
    Crackberry was on fire with joy when the websplitter app was released, that's just viewing two sites, so there is obviously some who'd like it.

Also, I for one wouldn't mind having bbm in one window and a video in another, whilst hooked to my larger monitor via hdmi.

There's loads of uses I can think of which all involve outputting the screen on to a larger device which makes it more useful.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 01:25 PM
    I'd be happy with something akin to floating browser on Android. I definitely think there's some good use cases for this.
    08-07-13 01:27 PM
    Multi windows is a gimmick, I don't need a gimmick to get my work done. Btw how many Galaxy owners who have this feature actually use it? maybe 3-4% of them?
    That one I actually wouldn't call it a gimmick like all the gesture stuff. It can be useful when you have to look at information in 2 apps at the same time. I have only used it a couple times but I did find it usefule when there was information I wanted to copy from a website in bits and pieces and paste into an email. I just wouldn't call being able to see more information a gimmick. Now is it necessary? Probably not but some people can find it useful, including blackberry users. Rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it. Now waving your hand to answer a call, yes a gimmick LOL.
    08-07-13 01:40 PM
    I agree that it would somehow work for a larger screen device.

There are ways you can do the examples above on the Z10 without needing a split screen:

Listening to a YouTube clip/music while doing something else can be done by keeping it as an active frame.

BBMing while watching a video is possible with the actionable toast notification. (on the upcoming 10.2)

The example on the copy from one screen to another or paraphrasing requiring the other screen opened would be something cool but with limited screen space it might be hard to read the other text from one window.

Well again, to each his own.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 01:45 PM
    I agree to an extent. It can be truly useful if executed properly and is a good investment for BlackBerry 10.

The above is how I felt before it was announced BB10 was not PlayBook-bound.

Now, I'm not sure even on a phablet it is practical. I have the Web Splitter app and it is kinda just a "ooo cool" thing to be perfectly 100% honest.

On a desktop, different story. I love Windows 7.

~STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2025 TMO US
    08-07-13 01:55 PM
    I think as phones get bigger it there will be a lot of use cases for this. With a 5" phone you could pretty much have two screens the size of the Q10 screen.
    08-07-13 01:55 PM