Have you seen the new Buick commercial?

I think BlackBerry should try this approach. I'm so freaking tired of people looking at a Q10 and immediately think it's the same old BlackBerry with legacy OS...

What do you think? I think this would create some awareness, make a bit of fun at the old OS if they have to in a way that shows how much we've moved forward from what people think it was when they probably last used/owned one...

Posted via CB10
    anon721037, sh369 and newcollector like this.
    08-05-14 09:38 PM
    I'm sure we will see some nice marketing when the passport comes out, just thinking
    08-05-14 09:41 PM
    Didn't Buick do an ad basically saying ''This isn't your father's Buick.'' ? BB could do something similar.
    08-05-14 09:55 PM
    Didn't Buick do an ad basically saying ''This isn't your father's Buick.'' ? BB could do something similar.
    Well yeah! That's what this is about, BlackBerry should show people that, have you checked out the new BlackBerry? You might be surprised, it's not your dad's old phone etc...

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 09:58 PM
    I'm sure we will see some nice marketing when the passport comes out, just thinking
    Probably not.

I may be wrong, but I doubt it.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 10:16 PM
    Probably not.

I may be wrong, but I doubt it.

Posted via CB10
    I'm hoping you are, not to be rude but it looks like the device they could pick up some really good traction, nothing like it in the market even close, so i'm sure we will see some kind of a big presence with it,
    FrankIAm, Jrox74 and newcollector like this.
    08-05-14 10:18 PM
    I'm hoping you are, not to be rude but it looks like the device they could pick up some really good traction, nothing like it in the market even close, so i'm sure we will see some kind of a big presence with it,
    Is it not what has been said for all high end blackberries?
    anon721037 and mornhavon like this.
    08-05-14 10:23 PM
    Is it not what has been said for all high end blackberries?
    Correct, but this device is actually a bit iconic i think, like i said above it's totally different, no other phone maker is trying to go in a completely different direction like BB is, they are all trying to look just like the Z30 or samsung line up, if it was my company i would want something that was different and stand out, there is a lot of people in this world that just like to be different,
    08-05-14 10:29 PM
    Correct, but this device is actually a bit iconic i think, like i said above it's totally different, no other phone maker is trying to go in a completely different direction like BB is, they are all trying to look just like the Z30 or samsung line up, if it was my company i would want something that was different and stand out, there is a lot of people in this world that just like to be different,
    That's the word ICONIC, this device has great potential.

Posted via CB10
    anon721037 and newcollector like this.
    08-05-14 11:23 PM
    Great Ad. Something similar could have been done at the BB10 launch in 2013. But yeah its never too late. And may be with the changes in the company in the John Chen era, it may well by ideal now.

Posted from my SuperHuman Q10
    08-06-14 07:22 AM
    I think it was "this is isn't your father's Oldsmobile". I could be wrong .

Posted on my Q10 or Z10
    app_Developer likes this.
    08-06-14 07:28 AM
    I think it was "this is isn't your father's Oldsmobile". I could be wrong .

Posted on my Q10 or Z10
    Yep, I think that was the one. Maybe BlackBerry shouldn't follow that ad campaign then.

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer likes this.
    08-06-14 12:23 PM
    Yep, I think that was the one. Maybe BlackBerry shouldn't follow that ad campaign then.

Posted via CB10
    For the young folks who might not remember, Oldsmobile went bye bye

Posted on my Q10 or Z10
    08-06-14 02:43 PM
    For the young folks who might not remember, Oldsmobile went bye bye

Posted on my Q10 or Z10
    No, did they? I didn't know it was a brand. I thought that you meant an Old Mobile. Oh well.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 02:49 PM
    This is the sort of advert I was expecting them to do at the super bowl... unfortunately it wasn't

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 02:52 PM
    BlackBerry has to do something epic and better than the 1984 Apple's Macintosh Commercial. Break the mold....but smart.
    08-06-14 03:06 PM
    I like the concept,
    08-06-14 03:16 PM
    This is the sort of advert I was expecting them to do at the super bowl... unfortunately it wasn't

Posted via CB10
    Me too!
    08-06-14 03:18 PM
    The Space Odyssey monolith...

Have the monkeys all using iPhone, Android and Chinese mobile phones; and while playing with the Passport, evolve into humans. Just make sure sure that one of them evolves into a Go Daddy girl...

LostOnThePianoRoll likes this.
    08-06-14 03:25 PM
    Have you seen the new Buick commercial?

I think BlackBerry should try this approach. I'm so freaking tired of people looking at a Q10 and immediately think it's the same old BlackBerry with legacy OS...

What do you think? I think this would create some awareness, make a bit of fun at the old OS if they have to in a way that shows how much we've moved forward from what people think it was when they probably last used/owned one...

Posted via CB10
    Good point, I agree! People are always surprised to see my Z30 especially after they find out it is a BlackBerry (followed by the "I though they went out of business a while ago" or "is that the new phone after they were bought out by ...(fill in the blank)"). It gets old pretty quickly.
    08-06-14 03:29 PM
    The cars look hot

BlackBerry at this stage is all enterprise, so the marketing will most probably focus on that sector. But let's see...

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 04:10 PM
    I know you're not being rude. No worries.

The reason why I doubt that BBRY will market it aggressively is because BlackBerry NEVER marketed anything aggressively. BB10 is an entirely new OS. No advertising. You would think that a brand getting a bad rep for its outdated BB07 would say, "Hey guys, we have a new BlackBerry experience. Check it out." Nope. Ziltch. Nada. Zero.

Heck, they won't even advertise their brand in general, letting people know they are still alive.

I'm starting to think that BlackBerry's marketing strategy doesn't involve television advertising, just OLA, paid search, carrier partnerships, print, and direct.

But I will say that BlackBerry seems to be operating differently from the past so the possibility of aggressive advertising isn't too far-fetched.

Posted via CB10
    anon721037 likes this.
    08-06-14 08:32 PM
    I like the idea and the concept, but isn't the new direction of BlackBerry to market to the "dads"?

Maybe a better approach would be "this isn't your kid's iphone"?

Remember, BlackBerry's new marketing dude wants to make BlackBerry synonymous with "work".

SMH

BRON: a cron-like scheduler for BlackBerry 10. http://apps.oddelement.com
    08-06-14 08:46 PM
    They sort of did something similar for the OS10 Launch...even had a nice jab at Apple in it :grin:

Oh and I am also a HUGE Buick guy...have a nice 2013 Enclave and two 1954 Buick Roadmasters.

My Avatar is one of them...
    08-06-14 09:05 PM
    Great Ad. Something similar could have been done at the BB10 launch in 2013. But yeah its never too late. And may be with the changes in the company in the John Chen era, it may well by ideal now.

Posted from my SuperHuman Q10
    Yes that would have been a perfect approach for a commercial for the BlackBerry 10 superbowl spot.
    08-07-14 04:36 AM
31 12