Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By The Big Picture
  • 1 Post By black.rhino
  1. The Big Picture's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,341 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default BlackBerry should buy protonmail.ch

    There's a growing trend in my country where by enterprises are using corporate gmail.

    According to my friend who works in one of these companies, gmail gives enterprises superior analytics, integration with all google apps like google drive, business features like meeting reminders direct from inbox, hangouts video conferencing and almost unlimited space.

    Why companies would trust google? I will never understand, I guess they only see the perks.

    I think BlackBerry should offer the same, partner with amazon secure cloud drive services and buy out proton mail because it has an impressive story.

    If you guys cant be bothered checking out proton mail's website, they are basically starting a super secure, custom end to end encryption based email platform with servers based in Switzerland.

    Made by 3 Cern scientists/entrepreneurs no less.

    This would be a nice acquisition after secumart.

    So we can have both secure end to end voice calls, messaging (by BBM protect) AND email.

    A subscription service of even 50 dollars a year I would gladly pay for the whole shebang.

    Enterprise customers would pay even more and quite gladly so I would imagine.

    And for BlackBerry buying out protonmail would be super cheap right now as they just public ally raised USD500k to start up which really isnt much. Even at 100 times that it would only cost them 50mil. Maybe they could use that 3 billion reserves for something of incredible value.

    What do you guys think?

    Differentiate or Die
    SmileDahling likes this.
  2. anischab's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,169 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  

    Default

    Read about it in the net, there is an elementary security flaw in the programming, highly criticized!

    BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
  3. LostOnThePianoRoll's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,649 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,653 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #3  

    Default

    Google spies on your emails

    Posted via CB10 from my Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.700
  4. The Big Picture's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,341 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anischab View Post
    Read about it in the net, there is an elementary security flaw in the programming, highly criticized!

    BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    Im not disbelieving you but I cant seem to find it.

    I googled "proton mail security flaw"

    And what I got what proton mail inviting hackers to break their system in hopes to find and patch security flaws.

    Of which im sure is a publicity stunt for them as they actually organising this event.

    Differentiate or Die
  5. Khaled Aznawi's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    132 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #5  

    Default

    Cant bbry start their own secured email service, just like gmail with enhance sucurity like protonmail? Or bbry own security system?

    Posted via CB10
  6. Poncherelly's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    855 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khaled Aznawi View Post
    Cant bbry start their own secured email service, just like gmail with enhance sucurity like protonmail? Or bbry own security system?

    Posted via CB10
    This is a better choice IMO. If you just buy something its because you can't do it in house or its cheaper to buy because the R&D would cost to much. If they keep going down that path, they will simply be known as a security patent holder and not a truly security base company.

    Bring back the entrepreneur spirit that got BlackBerry to where it is and bring all these security features but make them yourself and make them better. Then go one step further and make the next generation mouse trap and give it to your end users at a reasonable price...or since I'm cheap, for free. well at least a consumer version with the option to upgrade.

    A slow climb to the top is always more rewarding. Sent using my BlackBerry Z10.
  7. crackbrry fan's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,360 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poncherelly View Post
    This is a better choice IMO. If you just buy something its because you can't do it in house or its cheaper to buy because the R&D would cost to much. If they keep going down that path, they will simply be known as a security patent holder and not a truly security base company.

    Bring back the entrepreneur spirit that got BlackBerry to where it is and bring all these security features but make them yourself and make them better. Then go one step further and make the next generation mouse trap and give it to your end users at a reasonable price...or since I'm cheap, for free. well at least a consumer version with the option to upgrade.

    A slow climb to the top is always more rewarding. Sent using my BlackBerry Z10.
    Correct and the infrastructure is already in place. Remember the BlackBerry.com email addresses being phased out.

    Posted via CB10
  8. midnightdoom's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    716 Posts
    Global Posts
    754 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  

    Default

    Agree that BlackBerry should launch a secure end to end email/cloud service. Whether it's by partnering, buying, or developing I don't care, as long as it's the most secure service on the market..

    I am currently waiting for my Protonmail and lavaboom invites to come.. and once they do, bye bye Gmail and Hotmail

    Posted via CB10
  9. anischab's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,169 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Q10Nutter View Post
    Im not disbelieving you but I cant seem to find it.

    I googled "proton mail security flaw"

    And what I got what proton mail inviting hackers to break their system in hopes to find and patch security flaws.

    Of which im sure is a publicity stunt for them as they actually organising this event.

    Differentiate or Die
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/07...il_javascript/

    BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
  10. cjcampbell's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    6,630 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,634 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anischab View Post
    Vid shows how to easily hack 'anti-spy' webmail (sorry, ProtonMail) ? The Register

    BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    And if you read the whole thing, you'll see that that bug is fixed. Is this not the purpose of running a beta program? To find and fix the bugs before a full blown public release?
  11. Khaled Aznawi's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    132 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #11  

    Default

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140806_183216.png 
Views:	302 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	289265
    I just register protonmail, now waiting for the invite

    Posted via CB10
  12. ndeep13's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    171 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #12  

    Default

    Didn't BlackBerry offer there own email server before bb10. I used to have a BlackBerry email address but since bb10 they no longer offer it like bbo7 @xxxx.BlackBerry.net

    Wasn't that a secure email?

    Posted via CB10
  13. Poncherelly's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    855 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khaled Aznawi View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140806_183216.png 
Views:	302 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	289265
    I just register protonmail, now waiting for the invite

    Posted via CB10
    Same here. Until BlackBerry comes back to the market with a version, this looks like a good option.

    A slow climb to the top is always more rewarding. Sent using my BlackBerry Z10.
  14. midnightdoom's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    716 Posts
    Global Posts
    754 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #14  

    Default

    I can't wait to get my invite, and ya things are expected to happen during the beta phase, but they all seem from reading their site that they want to be the best service, and not just pretend to be like some other competitors

    Posted via CB10
  15. black.rhino's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    538 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #15  

    Default

    I can see this being a great fit. However, I wish the domain was something more professional. They should by mail.com just for the name...

    Anyways, I kind of like how agnostic BlackBerry is. You can use any email address in the hub, without worrying about one working better than the other like you have in icloud or gmail. Cloud storage? Use whatever you want, BlackBerry doesn't have their own such as drive or icloud, so they all work well. I feel the lack of services provided first-party allows developers more opportunity than other platforms, where the other companies will obviously promote their own services over a third party.

    But people like to say that something "just works" and that usually means first-party owned services across the board.
    midnightdoom likes this.
  16. Q10Bold's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,948 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #16  

    Default

    Nice one!

    Posted via Q10Bold

Similar Threads

  1. Reuters- BlackBerry restructuring over (internal memo)
    By JamieWilson01 in forum News & Rumors
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-06-14, 03:18 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-06-14, 01:49 PM
  3. Good article/analysis of the BlackBerry-Secusmart combination
    By southlander in forum BlackBerry 10 OS
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-06-14, 02:03 AM
  4. BlackBerry closes chapter on restructuring process : internal memo - Reuters
    By krishnasaami81 in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-05-14, 04:25 AM
  5. How to change the "posted via BlackBerry 10" on Facebook
    By akiijain in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-05-14, 04:16 AM

Posting Permissions

";