How about this, if you don't like Drake, MOVE ALONG.

Whether it's Drake or Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian or Barak Obama, it doesn't matter to me as long as some BlackBerry love is dished out. It's free publicity.
    TgeekB, wincyUt, devin266 and 1 others like this.
    12-21-14 03:59 PM
    How about this, if you don't like Drake, MOVE ALONG.

Whether it's Drake or Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian or Barak Obama, it doesn't matter to me as long as some BlackBerry love is dished out. It's free publicity.
    Just illustrating that the Drake effect isn't as strong as some might thing so some of us won't "Move along" as you'd like.

I personally don't care as a shareholder about BlackBerry love"being dished out" Handing out free units to these units doesn't make our company solid IMO.

I hope that the company keeps the focus on enterprise and not worry about some rip rapping hip hopper carrying around the phone.

Some of you take it personally that us older generation BlackBerry users don't give a hoot about Mr Degrassi or who he dates.

You might think so but I couldn't possibly comment.
    needforbbx likes this.
    12-21-14 04:30 PM
    Just illustrating that the Drake effect isn't as strong as some might thing so some of us won't "Move along" as you'd like.

I personally don't care as a shareholder about BlackBerry love"being dished out" Handing out free units to these units doesn't make our company solid IMO.

I hope that the company keeps the focus on enterprise and not worry about some rip rapping hip hopper carrying around the phone.

Some of you take it personally that us older generation BlackBerry users don't give a hoot about Mr Degrassi or who he dates.

LOL at "our" company.

Powered by Z10
    smart548 likes this.
    12-21-14 04:36 PM
    Who?

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 04:37 PM
    Drake is awesome. Best rapper alive.

Powered by Z10
    Take that back.
    Seems you've forgotten about Dre.

Also, Eminem > drake any day.

Posted via zBestPhone10
    12-21-14 05:24 PM
    For someone who knows nothing about Drake, you sure know about his acting career on DeGrassi. You may not like him, yes it shows, but he is a superstar with or without your blessing. His endorsement of BlackBerry is fantastic for BlackBerry with regard to the hyper coveted youth demographic. And no, I'm not a Drake fan, but that doesn't blur my view on the upside value of his BlackBerry endorsement. Businesses and marketing 101.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 09:17 PM
    Dang... if y'all don't know the dude or like him, why try so hard to prove yourself? Just ignore the thread sheesh
    Smply_Rckless likes this.
    12-21-14 09:21 PM
    Google is a useful tool. Unlike some of the previous posters.

Didn't take long to learn about this dood. Nothing special. 5 minutes of my life wasted with useless information on Drake.

Still don't give a hoot if BlackBerry sent him a freebie. Obviously some of you take it very personally.

12-21-14 10:15 PM
    Ooops! Didn't see that this was already posted!

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=984729

Posted from my awesome White Z30
    It's cool

Blackbird Q10 latest OS
    12-21-14 10:17 PM
    Obviously some of you are utterly uninformed if you can't see the value of a superstar endorsement. That you would take it personally and insult and disrespect an artist you know nothing about speaks volumes. So keep hating, it's all you have it seems.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 10:29 PM
    Drake is a good endorsement because he actually LIKES BlackBerry, as would a celebrity like Kanye West or Kim Kardashian. Alicia Keys is obviously a diehard iPhone user and was a ****-poor choice to give any amount of money to. Lewis Hamilton, as sweet as Mercedes' F1 season was, is also quite obviously an iPhone user (and so would his multiple time on-again off-again girlfriend Nicole Scherzinger) and would be a pretty poor endorsement choice.

I also don't get why people are posting about how they don't know or care about Drake. it's not as if it's on Crackberry front page news. If you don't recognize the name, here are the logical steps to take:

A. google. Drake.

B1. If you care about this person, read more and post.
    B2. If you don't care about this person, close the thread and move on with your life and take solace in the fact that the next time someone mentions it, at least you would know something about the person/item you just Googled.
    neoberry99 likes this.
    12-21-14 11:50 PM
    So Chen/BlackBerry talk about being exclusively focused on the Enterprise, and not wanting to be associated with Kim K because they are not focusing on consumer right now... But then they give Drake a Classic?

Sorry, but Kim K would be a much smarter play if you're trying to get publicity and consumer attention. Kim K has a much larger empire with far more reach.
    12-22-14 12:08 AM
    This Drake is a VIP?
    He wasn't always a VIP. He started from the bottom, now he's here.

12-22-14 12:22 AM
    LOL at "our" company.

Powered by Z10
    Well, he did say he is a shareholder which basically translate to 'our' company.
    Nothing wrong with that.

Posted via Astro Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.1154
    neoberry99 likes this.
    12-22-14 12:22 AM
    I heard Drake has been using BlackBerrys to write his rhymes.
    Well, at least it's a good use especially with BlackBerry's awesome pkb.

Posted via Astro Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.1154
    Senor Wright likes this.
    12-22-14 12:24 AM
    Drake is awesome. Best rapper alive.

Powered by Z10
    Please do you even know Eminem

Posted with my awesome  Z10
    12-22-14 12:33 AM
    Where is the data that says KK is more of an influence than Drake? Drake regularly sells out large arenas globally filled with youth, which is key. The youth demographic is the most sought after age group by almost all business. Yes Chen is focused on enterprise because that is the most logical play for BlackBerry right now. However, that doesn't automatically exclude efforts to court the consumer market should the opportunity arise and for zero cost in the case of Drake. While many enterprise customers have no idea who Drake is, it really doesn't matter. Drake is a young superstar whose fame grows exponentially every year with a loyal following, and that's what matters. Regarding KK, If anything, along with Drake, KK is promoting BlackBerry every time she is spotted using her BlackBerry in public and on her show. BlackBerry doesn't do much marketing so public support by celebs with millions of fans globally isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 12:34 AM
    Where is the data that says KK is more of an influence than Drake? Drake regularly sells out large arenas globally filled with youth, which is key. The youth demographic is the most sought after age group by almost all business. Yes Chen is focused on enterprise because that is the most logical play for BlackBerry right now. However, that doesn't automatically exclude efforts to court the consumer market should the opportunity arise and for zero cost in the case of Drake. While many enterprise customers have no idea who Drake is, it really doesn't matter. Drake is a young superstar whose fame grows exponentially every year with a loyal following, and that's what matters. Regarding KK, If anything, along with Drake, KK is promoting BlackBerry every time she is spotted using her BlackBerry in public and on her show. BlackBerry doesn't do much marketing so public support by celebs with millions of fans globally isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Posted via CB10
    No doubt Drake is a successful musician. But Kim K is successful in a variety of fields.

She is a well known TV personality, with a reality show that is on its 9th or 10th season I believe, putting it in fairly elite company as far as long running TV shows. Sons of Anarchy just finished out after 7 seasons.

She's a paid spokeswoman for a variety of products. (Quick trim weight loss, Glamor Tan sunless tanner, Perfect Skin, Tria Beauty in-home laser hair removal)

She's a producer and authored a book titled "Kardashian Konfidential."

She is in fashion, modeling, and cosmetics (with Kardashian Beauty skincare line, DASH clothing boutiques around the world, a Kardashian Khaos lifestyle boutique inside The Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas, a Kardashian Kollection handbag line, a Kardashian Kolors nail polish line for OPI, multiple fragrances, clothing collections like Kardashian Lingerie Kollection with Sears, and a sold out Belle Noel jewelry collection for Bloomingdale’s.)

Kim co-founded ShoeDazzle.com in 2009, a shoe membership club valued at $280 million a few years ago... and released her own mobile app, a game that has made over $200 million and ranked as high as #11 on the Apple App Store's list of Top Grossing apps. Her digital counterpart in her mobile game was named 2nd most influential fictional character by Time magazine, ahead of characters like Hunger Games Katniss Everdeen, Game of Throne King Joffrey, Marvel's Star Lord, and Hello Kitty.

She gets paid for speaking engagements and appearances, and even charges up to $20k for endorsements on Twitter. She sold the exclusive rights to her bridal shower coverage for $100,000 and the wedding photos for $1.5 million, for her failed marriage to Kris Humphries.

She has 41.5% more Twitter followers than Drake, and 237.5% more followers than Drake on Instagram. Her followers are also far more fanatical, with many of her young female fans wanting to emulate her and fantasize about being her.

She's also married to Kanye West, a much more prominent and successful musician than Drake. Drake has won 36 awards in his career. Kanye has won 124, including 21 Grammy's.

People may like Drake's music, but I don't know if many young men out there fantasize about being Drake... or would buy a game for their phone that is pretty much about being his friend and living his life.
    Last edited by jmr1015; 12-22-14 at 02:05 AM.
    12-22-14 01:02 AM
    As much as most guys hate on Bieber, he would have had 10 to 100 times more influence on young generation than Drake (despite all being pre teen and teenage girls) . At the time the all touch phone and iPhone were born. BlackBerry, had an epic missed chance to adapt to changing climate. BlackBerry chose to stick with a niche business and old school, and it's still a nice little company with revenue and loyal following, but it could have been what Apple is now. King. Not saying Bieber would have done that, but it clearly showed BlackBerry did not want to be top dog.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 01:16 AM
    Drake owns part of the Toronto raptors. I think.

Masai, general manager of the raptors own a passport. These kind of management people are not going to get BlackBerry publicity. Most of you don't even know who that is. Masai probably gave drake the classic since he already got the passport. Hah hah.

You guys keep saying BlackBerry should go after this person or that person. It's not going to work regardless of how famous they are.

Unless Steve Jobs crawl out of his grave and use a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    ponpiri likes this.
    12-22-14 01:59 AM
    Drake owns part of the Toronto raptors. I think.

Masai, general manager of the raptors own a passport. These kind of management people are not going to get BlackBerry publicity. Most of you don't even know who that is. Masai probably gave drake the classic since he already got the passport. Hah hah.

You guys keep saying BlackBerry should go after this person or that person. It's not going to work regardless of how famous they are.

Unless Steve Jobs crawl out of his grave and use a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Jesus Christ himself could rise from the dead tomorrow and write another New Testament of the Bible on a Blackberry Classic, and the majority of mainstream mobile users probably still wouldn't care about BlackBerry.

I'm just saying, if BlackBerry is going to bother aligning themselves with celebrities to appeal to the consumer side of mobile, they might as well go after the big fish.
    12-22-14 02:19 AM
    It is still some useful cheap (in terms of cost) marketing.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 02:23 AM
    Drake is a good endorsement because he actually LIKES BlackBerry, as would a celebrity like Kanye West or Kim Kardashian. Alicia Keys is obviously a diehard iPhone user and was a ****-poor choice to give any amount of money to. Lewis Hamilton, as sweet as Mercedes' F1 season was, is also quite obviously an iPhone user (and so would his multiple time on-again off-again girlfriend Nicole Scherzinger) and would be a pretty poor endorsement choice.

I also don't get why people are posting about how they don't know or care about Drake. it's not as if it's on Crackberry front page news. If you don't recognize the name, here are the logical steps to take:

A. google. Drake.

B1. If you care about this person, read more and post.
    B2. If you don't care about this person, close the thread and move on with your life and take solace in the fact that the next time someone mentions it, at least you would know something about the person/item you just Googled.
    No thank you.

How about you...

A. When someone disagrees with your opinion on the Internet, try really hard not to reform them.

B. Trying to tell people who disagree with you to go away might work at home when you get in a fight with your parents, but in the real world has ZERO chance of working.

And C. Google "How to get out of my parents basement" and follow those instructions.

12-22-14 04:09 AM
    Yes you are entitled to your own opinion does not mean any of us have to listen to it validate it or get be hind it or accept it. I'm sure your next steps would to say well if you don't like my opinion than move on..... well that exactly what he is saying so lets just agree to disagree and let it die.

As for Drake and his free device. Anything blackberry can do to bring more attention to their product is a good thing. Not really a Drake fan even though I'm canadian like that raps and enjoy rap music. I still think that when his followers look at his timeline and see that he is using a BB that some of them may change their negative opinion of the company and consider one as their next purchase over a different device.

#WETHENORTH
    12-22-14 06:26 AM
    He wasn't always a VIP. He started from the bottom, now he's here.

I lol'd.
    jmr1015 and ponpiri like this.
    12-22-14 06:30 AM
90 1234