I woke up this morning to find that all my folders on my phone had been re-arranged and my contact folder duplicated. Once I was able to locate my messages, I found the following message, twice:

"Congratulations, you have successfully set up ...my address...with your BlackBerry(R) device. You should begin receiving new messages in approximately 20 minutes.

The message was From: Activation Server ([email protected]).

1. I believe that any application should (and does) come directly from t-mobile and
    2. Whenever they do an upgrade, they give notice.

I don't use my t-mobile address for anything and it is only in two places: T-mobile and my ISP provider to forward my messages.

I think my phone has been comprimised.

Any thoughts or recommendations?
    Last edited by Breadwrapper; 01-30-10 at 12:21 PM. Reason: subscribe to messaging
    01-30-10 12:20 PM
    I dont think its a security breach I think its a glitch
    01-30-10 12:34 PM
    Face it your not fully in control, the carrier and RIM can force software to your phone anytime they wish. But in this case the setup wasn't completed. lol.
    Your phone is unharmed.
    01-30-10 12:54 PM
    Congratulations, you have successfully set up ...my address...with your BlackBerry(R) device. You should begin receiving new messages in approximately 20 minutes. ...
    I have seen that message after creating a new email account with BIS. I belive it is the same message when you resend your service books.

Check your email accounts, make sure there is nothing unexpected in there.

Options / Advanced Options / Default Services. Highlight Messaging and press trackball to view all the installed message accounts.
    01-30-10 01:06 PM
    I dont think its a security breach I think its a glitch
    Yea I think so to

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-10 02:12 PM
    Have you been able to log into your emails on BIS and make sure that all your account info is still correct? That would be a good way to check.
    01-30-10 03:02 PM
    Thanks to those who have replied.

I went into the 'default services' as offered, and under 'Calendar (CICAL)' there is only my tmo address. The same address is located under 'Messaging (CMIME)', and no others.

I also went onto the T-mobile site to see if any of my account looks different, but nothing I noticed.

While I assume it must have been a 'glitch', when I 'googled' my phrase above, I noticed at least one other person stating the same 'symptoms' as I and on the same night.

I will probably stop by the local outlet and see what the vendor says.

Thank you for your effort.
    01-30-10 05:15 PM
    Good luck at the store. Let us know if anything works. Also the only thing other I can think of would be to do a battery pull and see if your icons reset. The email might be from the service books as stated above if they were pushed to you by tmo.
    01-30-10 05:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD