Hey Guys,

I recently purchased a blackberry and had the white screen of death issue. Because it was bought in china, it wasn't under warranty, but I took it back to the place I got it from and they fixed it up (not sure if they replaced the LCD or what, but anyway, I can see my screen now).

The latest issue I have is one which doesn't affect the functionality of the phone per se, but is irritating nonetheless. My screen appears to have a small black dot in the middle of it, with white circles radiating around from this central point (when the screen is off). When the screen is on, everything displays fine, but there is a faint trace visible where the dot is.

The dot itself seems to 'spread' when I apply pressure to different areas of the screen, and occasionally vanishes altogether. Is this a problem with the LCD? With the connections between LCD and other hardware? Or is it somehow that the phone screen is touching the LCD display, causing the 'oil-on-water' effect that you get when you press too hard on any monitor? Should I be OCD and get them to fix it? Any advice is appreciated.
    02-01-11 09:43 PM
    i had this problem on my bold, i replaced the LCD twice, no help. it wasnt a hardware defect according to RIM, so i trashed the bold, bought a new one with insurance.
    02-01-11 09:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD