A lot of people who now use iPhones and Android phones once used BlackBerry devices many years ago, and now BlackBerry says that its new square BlackBerry Passport is bringing some of them back into the fold. In a new post highlighting consumer response to its newest smartphone, BlackBerry picks up on several comments left on different websites of people who say that they can�t wait to dump their current smartphones for the BlackBerry Passport.

�I like it,� wrote one man named Hassam Mirzai. �The phone is small enough to carry in my pocket and large enough to read text comfortably. I currently have a Samsung Note II. When I bought my Note II, it looked weird too. After 2 or 3 days I got used to it. I will replace my Note II with the Blackberry Passport.�
    Read more: BlackBerry says its square phone is already stealing back iOS and Android users
    07-21-14 03:53 PM
    I know this has already been discussed, but it'd be nice to see some others on the comment feed to correct these ignorant posters.

I think the Passport will do very well, especially in health and business
    Jimberry Storm likes this.
    07-21-14 03:54 PM
    I wish the passport was available right now at a reasonable price, I would buy two of them for my twin brother and myself.

Hopefully a factory unlocked version will be available at launch time.

Sent from my lovely z30 on T Mobile USA
    07-21-14 04:03 PM
    BGR is setting BBRY up LOL. Slick.
    tack and kbz1960 like this.
    07-21-14 04:07 PM
    Let's just hope it doesn't come with a$799.00 price tag.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 04:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    unfortunately that is a carrier pricing, carriers buy the device for 400 than try to double profit on anyone to buy contract free devices. I know this because i have bought many through BB employee purchase plan and get them for 400 after taxes and shipping.

EDIT: i plan on using another purchase form my aunts plan to get the passport... assuming i like the feel of the device.
    rarsen likes this.
    07-21-14 04:46 PM
    I wish the passport was available right now at a reasonable price, I would buy two of them for my twin brother and myself.

No kidding. BlackBerry should definitely make unlocked version available on release date.

Using Z10, wanting Z30, eyeing Windermere
    07-21-14 04:47 PM
    I was there Trolling, lol.
    07-21-14 05:00 PM
    Just read the information on the new Passport and saw some videos. Looks cool and different and something to shake up the smartphone same-mo. Just might go for the Blackberry in 9 months.
    bspence87 likes this.
    07-21-14 05:03 PM
    BGR is setting BBRY up LOL. Slick.
    Agree, its a total setup. He wants something out of this...

Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.2.1.3247
    07-21-14 05:05 PM
    I think BlackBerry is gonna have to get a lot of things right for this to be a hit. It's definitely intriguing. But price tag and availability will play a big role...along with advertising. We'll see if Chen understands that BlackBerry isn't the premium brand it once was. I'm not sure they can pull off high profit margins and still bring it plenty of new users at this point.

Also.....its been said many times that many simply just don't care what BlackBerry does at this point. People talking about it on blogs is nice, but definitely no indication that it's going to sell well once released

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Rello; 07-21-14 at 06:23 PM.
    07-21-14 06:08 PM

Same here. I put the money from the sale of my S4 in the piggy bank, and I've topped it up, so I'm primed and ready to pull the trigger. Is that too many metaphors?

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-21-14 06:18 PM
    I no longer trust anyone within of BGR website.
    So, I'll just shut my mouth off and let them be.

Posted via CB10
    Jrox74 likes this.
    07-21-14 06:22 PM
    Have you read the comments on that article? What a bunch of ****** bags.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 06:26 PM
    You only gain marketshare on sales....

So given Passport is not on sale what moron at BB came up with such ****e to put out as a statement to the world..

Desperate ? Well done BB you look even more so...

Who employs these douchebags to make statements like that!
    07-21-14 06:29 PM
    I was there Trolling, lol.
    Trolling is bestest. Trolololo

Posted via CB10
    peednus likes this.
    07-21-14 06:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    I have heard maybe $899 at the start.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 06:30 PM
    99% of phone buyers do not leave comments on blogs so what 1% do is really irrelevant. BB needs to spend on advertising the Passport not relying on word to word comments on blogs to sell phones.
    07-21-14 06:36 PM
    I have heard maybe $899 at the start.

Posted via CB10
    Would be unbelievably stupid. A phone like that CANNOT cost more than a Note 3 @ launch. Are you kidding me? What am i buying, some overpriced Apple crap that costs at least twice as much as it should? Don't get me wrong, the Passport looks nice, and i think it'll be a great phone. But people have to be 'lured' back to Blackberry, and you won't do that if your phone costs more than a Note 3/4, S5 or an iPhone.

Hell i wanna buy this phone but if they'll pull some crap like overpricing it like they've done before i'll think twice. Better give me a Snapdragon 801/805 processor and a usb 3.0 charge connector with a dual sim slot. That'd justify a 899 price tag, and not even then.

Messages like this **** me off, for real, because i have the feeling that Blackberry might be pulling something stupid like this, overpricing the Passport @ 799 / 899 and selling the 'Classic' for 599 or something like that.

Ugh.
    Philtr, peednus, TGR1 and 1 others like this.
    07-21-14 06:37 PM
    It's hip to be square :-))

Posted via CB10
    m1kr0 likes this.
    07-21-14 06:38 PM
    It's hip to be square :-))

Posted via CB10
    And telecommuncatively bankrupt before your first bill drops in your e/mail. Just to **** Apple of stealing their strategy BB should relocate to NYC. BIG.....
    07-21-14 06:54 PM
    Why would anyone interpret referring to 'positive comments on Internet sites', as "they say they are already winning back customers."

Perhaps it should be rephrased as "BlackBerry says they are already winning back *interest from* iOS and Android users with its new square phone"

And yes, considering the state of BlackBerry's perception amongst the general crowd, gaining any interest is actually a worthy and important development.

Posted via CB10
    lift, PantherBlitz, TGR1 and 1 others like this.
    07-21-14 07:26 PM
    You only gain marketshare on sales....

So given Passport is not on sale what moron at BB came up with such ****e to put out as a statement to the world..

Desperate ? Well done BB you look even more so...

Who employs these douchebags to make statements like that!
    Umm..chill

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 07:35 PM
    I no longer trust anyone within of BGR website.
    So, I'll just shut my mouth off and let them be.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. That site is full of bias and I stopped subscribing to it over a year ago. I don't trust it.

BB Proud
    07-21-14 07:43 PM
    It's a stupid article. The bloody phone isn't even out yet, so posts on websites mean nothing.

BB Proud
    peednus and JeepBB like this.
    07-21-14 07:50 PM
287 123 ...