What we will never know is how many Blackberry users will decide to jump ship because they are getting BBM messages from their iPhone and Android-using friends and will say, "Why not if I can still use BBM?"

That loss of hardware users, while not really measurable, will actually be tangible.
    It doesn't really matter in regards to legacy users, blackberry marketshare will be negligible by January.
    Analysts were forecasting 50 million bb legacy users before bbmx was launched. Their revised estimates, well....let's just say if the company doesn't sell by the 4th of November, Decembers earnings report will be traumatizing to some on this board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by FFR; 10-26-13 at 11:56 AM.
    10-25-13 08:45 AM
    I don't think bbm could save blackberry the way it is right now. I still think that the best marketing that can be done for bb10 by now is mouth to mouth.

Posted via CB10
    You're telling me a legendary company can't make good marketing for their products? it has to depend on mouth to mouth? there's no excuse. If Sony can go almost a joke to where it is now, then BlackBerry definitely can.

I mean seriously, all your job requires you to do is find out what the business, productivity people want and do it, what the iPhone, Android, hype, BSing people want and do it, what attracts consumers marketing and ads wise and doing it, realizing your prices are TOO HIGH and lowering them, realizing you aren't sell well so you make some good deals or programs, say something like, trade in your iPhone and Android device for a BlackBerry and we'll give you $50 App World credit, or something like that. Something!
    10-25-13 09:04 AM
    What we will never know is how many Blackberry users will decide to jump ship because they are getting BBM messages from their iPhone and Android-using friends and will say, "Why not if I can still use BBM?"

That loss of hardware users, while not really measurable, will actually be tangible.
    But in a circumstance where bbry have privately conceded the handset market place and see no future in it, I guess that is of secondary concern to trying to grow bits of the business that can survive.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk
    10-26-13 05:06 AM
28 12