Sometimes I want to go back to BBOS simply because of the toolbelt. It's the one feature that I really miss. I really think I was faster at cutting/pasting parts of text and emails with BBOS than I am with BB10.
    Couldn't agree with you more. I write this on my Q as I stare at my bulletproof Bold 9930's belt and pad.

Posted Securely Via Q10.
    04-18-14 09:30 AM
    Nice to meet a fellow Storm II aficionado! I loved that phone and used it for about 4 years as I waited for BB10 to roll out. People really don't seem to appreciate little things like being able to hover on items but then clicking to select. If it had a faster browser and didn't lock up with the hour glass so much, I would very much still be using it to this day. I hope they continue to experiment with the surepress technology, because a surepress device running on BB10 would be awesome. I feel like the majority of people feel like it was a flop, but that's because the hardware of the time wasn't optimized for running several apps at the same time. I think a screen like that would help differentiate them to all the touchscreen phones available today. Even if surepress on BB10 was only reintroduced in limited quantities, I would totally get one. For now I'm enjoying the excellent keyboard on the Q10.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    04-18-14 10:31 AM
    Guys, if BlackBerry has unlimited resources and awesome source management team, I wouldn't mind all these ideas. But their resources are drying out and their management are known to be bad at managing deadlines, so I would appreciate if you guys refrain from tempting them with these ideas and let these guys working on my Z50 please.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2234
    04-18-14 10:43 AM
    Of all my devices I still miss my torch..we need at Bb10 slider

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    Agree 100%

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 10:45 AM
    Sure, how about rotary phones for home too.
    extisis likes this.
    04-18-14 10:57 AM
    I found mine(9550) the other day put it on the charger. Turned in on and remembered one of the few things I didn't like,10 min boot up. Then went through the set up, I still like it. I was wondered why I switched devices. If they put sure press on a new device I would likely buy it. If BlackBerry did put a tool belt on a full touch phone I think all they would need is call answer and end call on either side of the BlackBerry at the bottom of the phone.
    04-18-14 11:03 AM
    Nice to meet a fellow Storm II aficionado! I loved that phone and used it for about 4 years as I waited for BB10 to roll out. People really don't seem to appreciate little things like being able to hover on items but then clicking to select. If it had a faster browser and didn't lock up with the hour glass so much, I would very much still be using it to this day. I hope they continue to experiment with the surepress technology, because a surepress device running on BB10 would be awesome. I feel like the majority of people feel like it was a flop, but that's because the hardware of the time wasn't optimized for running several apps at the same time. I think a screen like that would help differentiate them to all the touchscreen phones available today. Even if surepress on BB10 was only reintroduced in limited quantities, I would totally get one. For now I'm enjoying the excellent keyboard on the Q10.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    Pleased to meet you as well. I couldn't agree more on the items you pointed out.

Posted Securely Via Q10.
    04-18-14 12:52 PM
    Sure, how about rotary phones for home too.
    That my friend is just a silly comment. Good laugh though, thanks.

Posted Securely Via Q10.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-18-14 12:54 PM
    I found mine(9550) the other day put it on the charger. Turned in on and remembered one of the few things I didn't like,10 min boot up. Then went through the set up, I still like it. I was wondered why I switched devices. If they put sure press on a new device I would likely buy it. If BlackBerry did put a tool belt on a full touch phone I think all they would need is call answer and end call on either side of the BlackBerry at the bottom of the phone.
    Ah yes, that excruciatingly painful Boot time and hour glass. Man, that was bad. Thankfully we're just talking about SurePress and Tool Belts. I'm right there with you, I'd buy a SurePress BB10 Device in a heartbeat.

Posted Securely Via Q10.
    04-18-14 01:03 PM
    Had a storm as well but don't miss something from its functions.

Sent from my Z 30
    04-18-14 01:07 PM
    Aw c'mon, SurePress had a nifty idea, like enhanced control over your touchscreen. You could move your fingertips anywhere without actually pressing something unless you clicked the screen. Think about, there was no way to accidentally tap something you didn't want. Still, I found the typing to be cumbersome. I can write pages upon pages of text with the physical qwerty, but SurePress always left my thumbs sore in short order. I'm sure it wasn't or wouldn't be in this day cheap to produce either. It had it's benefits, but I can't see that coming back.

Wouldn't be disappointed if it did though, adding yet another product to BlackBerry's offerings, I should think, would have to look good rather than look bad on them.
    04-18-14 04:08 PM
    Attachment 263915
    Before i start let me first say that i LOVE all of my BlackBerry 10 devices ( and yes, even my numerous BBOS ones). I'm currently on my beloved Q10 and this evening stumbled onto my old Storm ll ( yeah yeah, i know .... it was a love hate with that device for many of you) booted her up and started to play around with her and realized a few things..... I really like/ love/ miss the way BlackBerry (RIM) implemented the classic "toolbelt" on a touchscreen. I also realized how much i thoroughly enjoyed SurePress, the ability to have a full touchscreen AND tactile physical keyboard like feedback was amazing. I also loved / missed the ability to "hover/highlight" something before clicking on it ( i rarely ever clicked on something unintentionally because of this. So i'm sitting at my desk staring at her and wondering "am i crazy?" does anyone else miss some of what the Storm ll offered? or am i just crazy? It also got me thinking about how much i would LOVE a Z10/Z30 'esque device with the Storm ll implementation of the classic "toolbelt" along with a refined SurePress screen. I would literally froth at the mouth and throw whatever $ they ask for it.

BlackBerry, bring me a SurePress BlackBerry 10 Device.

Thank You.

Wanna Know What's Going On In The World Of Health and Medicine?
    Join Caduceus, The Only Channel Of It's Kind.

C00169954
    AHHH oh God I jumped! Kill it! Kill it with fire!
    04-19-14 08:51 AM
    AHHH oh God I jumped! Kill it! Kill it with fire!
    Ha Ha! That actually made me laugh out loud. Thank you.

Posted Securely Via Q10.
    ajst222 and kbz1960 like this.
    04-19-14 09:03 AM
    Ha Ha! That actually made me laugh out loud. Thank you.

Posted Securely Via Q10.
    Thanks ! In all seriousness though, I actually liked SurePress and thought the Storm 2 (NOT the original) was a fantastic phone. But most consumers didn't like it, and to bring it back today I don't think would help sales. It might hurt.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-19-14 09:06 AM
    Thanks ! In all seriousness though, I actually liked SurePress and thought the Storm 2 (NOT the original) was a fantastic phone. But most consumers didn't like it, and to bring it back today I don't think would help sales. It might hurt.
    Perhaps. They could just make ME one.

Posted Securely Via Q10.
    meltbox360 likes this.
    04-19-14 09:30 AM
    Perhaps. They could just make ME one.

Posted Securely Via Q10.
    Hey now... Don't leave me out! I'll prepay for one
    04-20-14 04:29 PM
    I agree, the Storm and Storm II were epic failures. I would say that between the combination of that and timing is the reason for Blackberry's troubles today. Just think, BBM was and still is better that imessage. I'm sure that there are folks at Blackberry that would say Storm is a bad word.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 04:39 PM
    I agree, the Storm and Storm II were epic failures. I would say that between the combination of that and timing is the reason for Blackberry's troubles today. Just think, BBM was and still is better that imessage. I'm sure that there are folks at Blackberry that would say Storm is a bad word.

Posted via CB10
    Well they'd be wrong, haha. The storm 2 was sweeeeeeeet. That screen tech running on bb10 software would be epic
    3_M4N likes this.
    04-20-14 09:52 PM
43 12