I recently purchased a Sprint Blackberry 8830 and am still learning how to use it. One thing I noticed is that occasionally the phone runs extremely slow, with the hour glass appearing. I seems to happen randomly; it could happen when I am trying to make a phone call or searching Google. Any thoughts? Thanks
    03-18-08 10:48 AM
    Try a battery pull and see if that helps.
    03-18-08 10:49 AM
    Yes anytime the hour glass keeps popping up, pull the battery with the power on and leave it out for 30 seconds. That will usually fix the problem.
    03-18-08 10:57 AM
    I have an 8730e and I find when there's no service, like when I'm on the subway it's realllly slow. If you turn off the wireless though it instantly gets super fast then I just turn it back on 40 mins later when I get off.
    03-18-08 04:12 PM
    Here are some things I've noticed that make my Blackberry CRAWL..

On the subway (like mentioned), when service comes in briefly, my BB tries to do all kinds of stuff before it realizes the connection is gone. This makes it lag like crazy.

Every so often when idle, the BB will try to wirelessly recon. If you start using it during this it will go slow.

Make sure you don't have a ton of apps running in the background (Google Maps, Windows LiveSearch, Brickbreaker to name a few I always find). Close those out as they are eating up your resources.
    Also, Cingular packages Push-To-Talk (PTT) as an always-on app. There is a way to remove this if you're so inclined, it could def speed things up.
    03-18-08 05:01 PM
    Also, make sure you have enough free memory to allow the BB to run applications properly...

Furthermore, make sure you're not leaving applications open...that you're actually closing the application, not just hitting the "end" button as it will keep the apps running in the background, which uses up memory.
    03-18-08 07:08 PM
    All of the above-mentioned has worked for me - especially "closing apps". Also clear your cache and any unused apps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-08 07:32 PM
    Here's one that no one ever mentions... I find that clearing my sent and received SMS messages speeds things up for me tremendously!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-08 08:58 PM
    A BB Rep told me that any memory card over 2GB will cause the BB to run slower as well..just an FYI.

Best,

Otto
    Last edited by Ottojr; 03-19-08 at 03:28 PM.
    03-19-08 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD