Hi Everyone

Want to know the fact that can BlackBerry will be successful in getting back their reputation in the market. Their shares are again redu to 10.3 dollars what you guys think about this?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-29-15 12:31 AM
    Yeah their reputation is gradually getting better. They're well known for security and business.

I wouldn't be surprised if BlackBerry becomes kind of a hipster thing.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 12:43 AM
    Hi Everyone

Want to know the fact that can BlackBerry will be successful in getting back their reputation in the market. Their shares are again redu to 10.3 dollars what you guys think about this?

I think it would be a long road up to the top of the smartphone mountain, where BlackBerry once was. I think BlackBerry is now on its way to the top of a new mountain, if you get what I'm saying.

Times have changed, and BlackBerry isn't anywhere near where they used to be. Just as times have changed for BlackBerry, the world has changed too. Who would have ever thought that hacking, whether it's nude celebrity photos, passwords, Sony executive emails, etc. would become a major issue in the lives of everyday people. It's no longer just some issue we hear about. It's real. And BlackBerry has always had security as a strength, even when it wasn't something people were majorly concerned with. But now that security is becoming more of an issue, I think there's more than a good chance that BlackBerry could use this to their advantage.

I think of Android and iPhones as "fun." I love BlackBerry, but the brand has not and does not scream "fun" the way the others do. Sure, there have been more "fun" seeming devices, like all the Curves in a bunch of colors a few years back. But I mostly think of BlackBerry as being reliable, efficient, trustworthy, and serious. It's kind of like with friends. You have your fun friends, the friends you like to drink with or whatever. But if there's a serious situation, my trustworthy, reliable and serious friend is probably the one I'd turn to. And I think BlackBerry has the opportunity to be that "friend" in the smartphone world, if they do it correctly.

Will people drop their iPhones and Androids this weekend and be a BlackBerry user by June 1? No. It takes time. But BlackBerry is no longer being written about like it's on its deathbed. It's now more like, "Okay, they didn't die. What will they do now?" And having your next move be wondered about is a hell of a lot better than having your ability to live be wondered about.
    bh7171 and JesseBabe23 like this.
    05-29-15 01:04 AM
    I wouldn't be surprised if BlackBerry becomes kind of a hipster thing.
    Posted via CB10
    Ppfffffff!!!! I think you got a little mixed up there. The iphone is the hipster phone. BlackBerry stinks of corporate, business and professional not exactly attributes of hipster culture

�The Berrylution will not be televised� Stupid. Double typeeing kyboard �
    05-29-15 03:21 AM
    Ppfffffff!!!! I think you got a little mixed up there. The iphone is the hipster phone. BlackBerry stinks of corporate, business and professional not exactly attributes of hipster culture

Agreed haha. Iphones are definitely a hipster phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 03:45 AM
    It's not just about being the hipster thing, it's a cultural thing now. Both the iPhone and Android have been embedded into the culture here in the USA.

Once this has happened, it becomes very difficult to change the consumers way of thinking unless you come out with a product that's truly revolutionary.

Apple and Android are now in the drivers seat that used to belong to Blackberry, but the difference is they listened to what the consumer asked for and delivered the goods!

Their success is not because of iSheep and/or fanboys crap, it's called basic business concepts 101 and they are now reaping the financial rewards because of their hard work.

Blackberry could have been in the same position, but complacently and a lack of vision for what the consumer asked for has left them on the outside looking in. That's just the way it is at the moment whether you choose to accept it or not.
    05-29-15 05:32 AM
    They are going to own the MDM market with BES12, but will probably disappear device wise within a few years IMHO. They would rather being running on other devices than fight with their own and Chen has put zero effort into the hardware business since taking over. Just making reactionary devices that some exec buddies of his said would be nice, like Classic. Those execs have no intention of buying them, but hey this is the way Mike and Jim operated too, building things for CIOs and not the people who use them, and that turned out great.

Posted via Z30
    05-29-15 05:52 AM
    "Wow, I didn't know BB even made phones anymore!"

That is the "reputation" BB has for most people.
    tomsobon likes this.
    05-29-15 06:01 AM
    "Wow, I didn't know BB even made phones anymore!"

That is the "reputation" BB has for most people.
    This is what happens when you quit listening to consumer, they tend to go to a company that does, basic business concepts 101.
    05-29-15 07:19 AM
    I think it would be a long road up to the top of the smartphone mountain, where BlackBerry once was. I think BlackBerry is now on its way to the top of a new mountain, if you get what I'm saying.

Times have changed, and BlackBerry isn't anywhere near where they used to be. Just as times have changed for BlackBerry, the world has changed too. Who would have ever thought that hacking, whether it's nude celebrity photos, passwords, Sony executive emails, etc. would become a major issue in the lives of everyday people. It's no longer just some issue we hear about. It's real. And BlackBerry has always had security as a strength, even when it wasn't something people were majorly concerned with. But now that security is becoming more of an issue, I think there's more than a good chance that BlackBerry could use this to their advantage.

I think of Android and iPhones as "fun." I love BlackBerry, but the brand has not and does not scream "fun" the way the others do. Sure, there have been more "fun" seeming devices, like all the Curves in a bunch of colors a few years back. But I mostly think of BlackBerry as being reliable, efficient, trustworthy, and serious. It's kind of like with friends. You have your fun friends, the friends you like to drink with or whatever. But if there's a serious situation, my trustworthy, reliable and serious friend is probably the one I'd turn to. And I think BlackBerry has the opportunity to be that "friend" in the smartphone world, if they do it correctly.

Will people drop their iPhones and Androids this weekend and be a BlackBerry user by June 1? No. It takes time. But BlackBerry is no longer being written about like it's on its deathbed. It's now more like, "Okay, they didn't die. What will they do now?" And having your next move be wondered about is a hell of a lot better than having your ability to live be wondered about.
    People keep bringing up the iCloud photo leaks and various other incidents thinking that these will somehow lead to people flocking en masse to BlackBerry devices. The iCloud leaks happened less than six months away from the launch of the iPhone 6/6+. What happened? Did BB sell more phones because of it? No. Did Apple sell fewer phones because of it? No. They sold 10 million phones in one weekend. The following quarter, they sold 74.6 million iPhones, leading Apple to record the largest quarterly profit any business has ever seen. Did the Sony hack lead to an increase in sales for BlackBerry? No. You can have the most secure phone on the planet, but it does no good if no one, outside of a select few, wants to buy it.
    05-29-15 07:46 AM
    Well about this topic according to my fine piece of thinking and what my heart say and feel is that BlackBerry will be successful in market one day as what I think about Ceo Chen he is very hard and smart leader in terms of business.

Moreover about the device they develop are fabulous but to remain competitive in this market some big changes are required to capture their image e.g. they should improve the quality of the camera and more apps should be introduced, more awareness should be spread via marketing and advertising. In terms of Os I think blackberry has done outstanding work which itself differentiate the quality and performance as compared to Android.

What you guys think.

BerrySoul likes this.
    05-29-15 09:36 AM
    Well about this topic according to my fine piece of thinking and what my heart say and feel is that BlackBerry will be successful in market one day as what I think about Ceo Chen he is very hard and smart leader in terms of business.

Moreover about the device they develop are fabulous but to remain competitive in this market some big changes are required to capture their image e.g. they should improve the quality of the camera and more apps should be introduced, more awareness should be spread via marketing and advertising. In terms of Os I think blackberry has done outstanding work which itself differentiate the quality and performance as compared to Android.

What you guys think.

It could really go two ways

05-29-15 02:00 PM

Yeah but apple is so damn mainstream now that I could see a smaller sub culture of hipsters breaking away into something else.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 03:54 PM
    Yeah but apple is so damn mainstream now that I could see a smaller sub culture of hipsters breaking away into something else.

Posted via CB10
    It's not gonna be BB if they can't use all their "hispter apps".
    05-29-15 04:21 PM
    Blackberry lost the hardware war at time it lost app war. This was long before BB10 and the company is doing what it needs to survive. Chen's job is to protect and then hopefully increase shareholder value. Fairfax bought into BlackBerry for its software potential and that is why they brought in Chen. Would they like to increase their hardware marketshare? Sure they would. But the easiest way to increase their software marketshare would be to focus on getting it onto every possible IOS and the Android or MS WP OS as well. Software is where the future is at for BlackBerry. I love my BlackBerry phones but I have to be realistic that devices will only exist if lucky, in niche environment. The reality is that hardware division may be wound down just like HP did with Palm unless there is enterprise demand. Compared to what happened with Palm, Chen has done the impossible with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 04:25 PM
    Blackberry brand is falling deeper into obscurity. This could be perceived as positive if you consider the Blackberry brand to have a negative image.

There are new phones (BB10); but, interest is low among the techie populace and awareness nonexistent among general consumers.

Blackberry continues to mostly be remembered for BB OS7 devices. The perception regarding BB OS7 is very gradually recovering, transitioning from an image as yesteryear's tech to nostalgic.

BB OS7 nostalgia will not be ready to be capitalized for at least a decade, though.
    05-29-15 04:48 PM