I'd have to say that bookworm is the best game out there. Super addictive!!! I don't see it on the CB site, but I think Handango has it. The trial is pretty short though :-(
    Bookworm is one of my favorite games! I play it on my desktop PC and my Palms. I was just browsing through the Crackberry store and saw Wordcaster. It looks to be a clone of Bookworm. I might give it a try.
    11-07-07 05:15 PM
    Hey Jennifer, I just looked and you can download Bookworm over the air. Just go to Blackberry's mobile website and click on "super games". Click on Trial games on the next page and you can download bookworm directly to the device! I haven't tried wordcaster, if you try it let me know how it compares to bookworm. I've never used a treo, but I've used quite a few Palm PDA's. I'm curious how they compare. Enjoy the rest of your week with the Curve :-D I'm looking forward to your final review (and Kevin's).
    11-07-07 11:56 PM
    sorry for the late welcome....but Welcome to the Crack.

Id say try Infospace..neat little app that gives directions and locations to anything for ATM machines to restaurants to even car service repair shops...and whats cooler than spoken turn by turn directions?

I hope you enjoy your time with the BB..because i was immediatley converted coming from a very weak Sidekick III. Have fun.
    11-08-07 12:31 AM
    Try completely removing it, then pull the battery. Reboot, and download again. To accept the EULA, hit your favorite little BB Menu key and choose Accept.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-07 08:31 AM
    I got a few of my games from bplay.com Check them out

11-08-07 12:23 PM
    Jennifer, another 3rd party must-have app to add to your list is JiveTalk from beejive's web site for OTA install, even comes with a 30-day trial.

Instant Messaging client for BB across multiple protocols (Yahoo, MSN, AOL and more).

Hope this helps.
    Ravi
    11-08-07 02:09 PM
    where do I go to post a reply to win a new phone?!?!?!
    11-08-07 02:13 PM
    I Think you can post HERE!
    11-08-07 08:55 PM
    Enjoy the crack Jennifer
    11-08-07 10:13 PM
    I'd have to say that bookworm is the best game out there. Super addictive!!! I don't see it on the CB site, but I think Handango has it. The trial is pretty short though :-(
    I got bookworm for 7.95 from magmic for my Pearl.
    11-08-07 11:16 PM
    Hey Jennifer, have you downloaded the facebook application on your blackberry yet? If you're addicted to facebook this will really feed your addiction. When viewing a picture you've taken on your curve you can choose "send to facebook" from the menu and it will even let you tag it before it uploads!
    11-09-07 12:17 AM
    Yes! You really must download JiveTalk... IMO a necessity of you plan on more-than-occasional instant messaging on a Blackberry.

Cool @ the "funny little dots" discussion. I always assumed they were a berry cluster, didn't know about the double-B's, but now I do!

*skulks off to download some new BB games, buaha*
    11-09-07 02:06 AM
    Thanks so much for all the great tips everyone! I really appreciate all of them!

I had to send the Curve back this morning. BooHoo! I'll miss it! I didn't get to try JiveTalk. I'm not a member of FaceBook so I didn't really look at that app. I guess I should have though to see what it's all about.

I downloaded the trial Card Pack Gold from the CrackBerry store and it was a lot of fun to play. I love BlackJack especially. I never did get around to putting Bookworm on the Curve. And there wasn't a trial for that Wordcast game at the CrackBerry store. I could have bought it but I wouldn't have been able to play it for very long.

I love the Curve! I was just getting the hang of it and had to ship it out. It made a very nice impression on me.

I'll put up my Final Thoughts sometime today or tomorrow hopefully.
    11-09-07 11:10 AM
    I love the Curve!
    We knew you would. Can't wait to see your wrap-up!
    11-09-07 12:01 PM
    Glad you liked it. I still haven't seen a curve in person yet. I still have 2 years before I can upgrade I think :-( unless I buy my phone outright, but I don't have that kind of cash. Just have to hope that the 4.3 OS update will work for the 8100 pearl.

11-09-07 12:50 PM
    I personally use mobile.blackberry.com to get my free games. One thing you might love about the Curve is the built in spell check. Once you have typed your message, you press the button just to the left of the trackball and scroll up to check spelling. This has come in very handy at times. Enjoy the Berry Jennifer.
    11-09-07 05:31 PM
    Welcome to the wonderful world of the BlackBerry. As a former Treo user, I can tell you that you will loooove your Bberry. It is so much more user-friendly for both personal tasks and business tasks. I don't think you'll be going back to a Treo anytime soon!
    11-10-07 02:34 AM
    dlgus, only $7.95 for bookworm? That's awesome. I think I'll probably go get it now. They charge something like $20 on handango.

11-10-07 01:17 PM
    does anyone know a free checkbook program for BB, I found a proggie that was $10 but it as no trial version. I never buy before I try!
    11-10-07 03:02 PM
    the new OPERA 4 is the best ever... you have to click the BlackBerry button to get the agreement for the terms... it's not as intuitive as I'd like but it's better than it has been in the past...

i'm trying the myspace app tonight... wish me luck
    11-19-07 09:15 PM
    I came from a palm/treo world myself and didnt think I'd like a blackberry. I'm hooked on the darn thing!
    11-20-07 03:39 PM
    I like Sudoko on the Curve as well. I am so hooked on it. Jennifer, I am glad you liked the Curve. I am looking forward to your overall review. I look BB. I can't wait to see the new 2008 versions. A touch screen would be nice.

HairBear
    11-21-07 11:13 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD