I recently pickedup a pearl 8130 and I use the OWA to connect to my exchange server, but it seems it is very slow when receiving emails.

I notcied on the blackberry site the blackberry professional software and I installed that on my server and tried to activate my phone with no luck

my question is I have a BIS plan, do I need A BES plan for my blackberry or is there a way around this?
    08-29-08 09:12 AM
    BES is used to connect to your companies servers. If you are on your own then you use the providers BIS website to setup your BB. Here is Verizons: https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw
    I hope this helps
    08-29-08 09:30 AM
    I use the owa for my curve. It won't be direct push (meaning u get it instantly). My underdstanding is that every 10-15 min your berry scans the exchange server and grabs all emails. I'm on bis and this works for me to get my work email.

To get it instantly, setup a rule in outlook to autoforward all your mail to your berry email address. This will be almost instantaneous as that address is direct push.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-08 09:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD