So what if RIM also made a QNX Laptop with industry leading specs? Also with the ability to tether/hotspot and get 4G speeds on the go through your 4G enabled bb (in the near future), and also be able bridge it to ur bb (like get all your data from bb your to Laptop even when disconnected from you bb). Wouldn't that be awesome? I mean I still don't have a laptop yet but I would sure get that of RIM had released one. If they did, would you pass on the playbook and get the Laptop? That would sure be intersting wouldn't it??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-11 10:25 PM
    As smartphones become ever more capable the need for notebook and desktop computers will continue to diminish though never be completely replaced. The display technology needs to improve so that the user "sees" the equivalent of a 15-inch display on a device with a physical screen size comparable to the BB9700.
    02-08-11 04:17 AM
    A RIM laptop would never be able to happen. If RIM sold something refered to as a laptop they would have to make it compatible with Windows based software. People who by a laptop are going to want to install software on it just like they would with any other laptop. There is software I use on my laptop that I cannot use on a tablet.

Because you cannot load the same software onto a tablet that you can a laptop is a big reason I have no interest in a tablet. I'd have to carry around both my laptop and tablet.
    02-08-11 07:54 AM
    No.
    The end.
    Just not happening.
    02-08-11 07:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD