So..that's the screen my gf has wake up to a couple of days ago.. I gave her my Q10,but she now have to access her device memory to get some files (audio files recordered with Remember and not backed up). We already tried to connect it to BBLink with no success. When connected to the charger(or to a pc), if the power button is pressed, the "BlackBerry" logo will show, soon followed by that screen..suggestions?
    Thanks!

Blackberry Q5 - battery issue?-img_20160221_165749.jpg

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 10:02 AM
    The phone is detecting that the battery is bad. You'll need to replace the battery before you'll be able to get the phone to work. If you're handy with a screwdriver, you can probably replace it yourself for under $10. If not, contact some phone repair shops around you and get prices.
    02-21-16 10:08 AM
    The phone is detecting that the battery is bad. You'll need to replace the battery before you'll be able to get the phone to work. If you're handy with a screwdriver, you can probably replace it yourself for under $10. If not, contact some phone repair shops around you and get prices.
    Thanks Troy, I know I can trust your info ;-) We are gonna look for a battery online.. The point is: there is NO way we can access the files on the phone without replacing a "bad battery"? That's because we are in need of a file stored on the Q5 asap..

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 10:21 AM
    It doesn't appear so. The phone is essentially locking you out of the boot sequence because of the bad battery. It would seem like the only way to get past that is to have a functioning battery in the phone. But I can't claim to have enough experience with BB10 phones to know this for sure - the two that I've repaired were for broken screens.
    smart548 likes this.
    02-21-16 10:25 AM
    I have seen that more than once and while it signifies the battery is extremely low it does not necessarily mean the battery is shot.
    The battery is too low to boot the device so do not even try even with a charger plugged in. Plug it into a known good charger and just let it charge overnight. Ensure the charger you are using is good.
    Even if the battery is getting bad a good long undisturbed charge might give it enough to boot and retrieve the files.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 12:14 PM
    I have seen that more than once and while it signifies the battery is extremely low it does not necessarily mean the battery is shot.
    The battery is too low to boot the device so do not even try even with a charger plugged in. Plug it into a known good charger and just let it charge overnight. Ensure the charger you are using is good.
    Even if the battery is getting bad a good long undisturbed charge might give it enough to boot and retrieve the files.

Posted via CB10
    Wow, good to know! I'll try that! P.s. Do you mind defining "good charger"?

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 05:41 PM
    By good I mean two things. One that you know is working and second one that is capable of putting out a reasonable current. The ones which come with the phones are usually adequate. Just don't try doing it thru a PC USB port.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 07:30 PM