Lol that's the most funniest thing I've read all day.

You are going to an iphone because you are ashamed of using a BlackBerry.

Not to mention 2 of your points are hilarious. Typing on an iPhone faster than a Q10? Hmmm sure. Android apps clunky? Ummm I use a Q10 and haven't really seen a clunky app.

Then again I don't use many app on android except for a few torrent programs.

Seems like however that you care too much what everyone else thinks.

Good luck to you.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 05:27 PM
    @oneoflittleharmony - yes. 100%. I live in manhattan new York city. People say new York is center of the universe...blah blah blah. I am NOT one of those people. There are many great cities like London paris San Francisco etc...

BUT among my friends, among the women I meet for dating (online dating) virtually everyone has an iphone. There are some android users. But in nyc I see so many many iphones. BlackBerry Q10 came out last year. I ride the subway every weekend. I have seen 3 q10 phones in the wild. Yes. 3!!! It's scary how much apple and android have taken over. I applaud you crackberry fans. I don't have the willpower to stick around. It's freaking bleak!

May the smartphone gods have mercy on the BlackBerry handset division. BlackBerry services enterprise stuff will thrive though! I work in healthcare IT. We need more mobile secure messaging. Unfortunately it won't be on BlackBerry handsets. ALL my clients ask me if our software runs on iphones or androids. Not ONE ever asked me about BlackBerry since the iphone 4/4s came out...I'm sorry to say all this. I really am.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 05:32 PM
    Sorry I'm still laughing about your reasons.

I use Match.com as well and oh hey look mine seems to work nicely.
    BlackBerry Q10 is the best device I've ever owned-img_20140418_183526.png

Anyways you've already given BlackBerry a failing grade and believe they are going to fail. So off to Apple with you sir.

May god have mercy on your soul lol

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 05:37 PM
    Sorry I'm still laughing about your reasons.
    Now that's funny...
    04-18-14 05:49 PM
    @wasabiGT: yes I'm definitely faster on the iphone. I'm not as accurate but for casual texting after work/weekends definitely I became faster. Autocorrect works. Even Kevin M. Once said that touch keyboards are faster but less accurate.

As for apps yes. They have def been clunky. I don't use many but the core apps: pandora, match.com, yelp, have been buggy. And it's a bummer

Yes. I do care what people think. I think in a way we all do -its human nature. Now for a few things I don't think I could ever compromise. My favorite band for example or favorite food. But smartphones? It's a device at the end of the day. Might as well go with the one with the most users and extensive ecosystem. It just makes more sense. Remember the pyramid of cellphone needs Kevin put up years ago? Well things have changed. People really care more about apps and being part of a larger ecosystem more than ever. It's reversed! No one calls anymore. And email is not perfect on an iphone. But it's good enough. And by that I mean really really good. iOs has addressed a lot of issues since iphone 1.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 05:51 PM
    That's right. Good luck to all. Later!

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 05:52 PM
    @oneoflittleharmony - yes. 100%. I live in manhattan new York city. People say new York is center of the universe...blah blah blah. I am NOT one of those people. There are many great cities like London paris San Francisco etc...

BUT among my friends, among the women I meet for dating (online dating) virtually everyone has an iphone. There are some android users. But in nyc I see so many many iphones. BlackBerry Q10 came out last year. I ride the subway every weekend. I have seen 3 q10 phones in the wild. Yes. 3!!! It's scary how much apple and android have taken over. I applaud you crackberry fans. I don't have the willpower to stick around. It's freaking bleak!

May the smartphone gods have mercy on the BlackBerry handset division. BlackBerry services enterprise stuff will thrive though! I work in healthcare IT. We need more mobile secure messaging. Unfortunately it won't be on BlackBerry handsets. ALL my clients ask me if our software runs on iphones or androids. Not ONE ever asked me about BlackBerry since the iphone 4/4s came out...I'm sorry to say all this. I really am.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah. I find blackberry competes well with android, since it can run its apps, but apple needs a different measuring stick. I am planning to convince a relative to upgrade to the iPhone 6 when it comes out and trade phones with them for a while. So I kind of understand. Too bad back-ups are not compatible across the blackberry and iPhone platforms. I would love to be able to transfer my stuff to switch between the two. Ideally I would like to use my BlackBerry when I an out during the day and an iPhone when I am less time constrained.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 08:56 PM
    Oh and 2 more very annoying issues:

1) when I type the letter "a" it double types "aa". CONSTANTLY. Cannot find out why. This happens daily

2) long sms conversations take FOREVER to load. It just freezes. With iphone, imessage would just load instantly. And virtually all my friends have an iphone. Few use whatsapp and like 1 uses bbm and that's only with me. Haha

Other than that phone does work well. Caall quality is excellent. See above? The double "aa"? Haaha. It happens all day long.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 11:46 AM
    Although your reasons give me pause (and not in a good way), I appreciate the respectful tone in which you expressed them. In the end, you're the one who has to use the phone. Personally, I get the whole - following the crowd bit and not wanting to feel left out. But...experience has taught me that once you get on that bandwagon - you'll find yourself chasing a moving target that will end up being an expensive trip.
    04-24-14 11:57 PM
    Totally agree with you on your response. It is tough to be different from the crowd and not be just like everyone else.

But some people aren't strong enough to actually go against the rest and be their own person.

Choosing something to be in the in crowd is kind of a sad reason to go ahead and make a decision to purchase things. When I was younger I did the same thing. Whether be it electronics or clothes but after years of experience and spending frivolously, I realized it's not about being with the rest but buying what is the best for a person.

To each his /her own I guess though.

Although your reasons give me pause (and not in a good way), I appreciate the respectful tone in which you expressed them. In the end, you're the one who has to use the phone. Personally, I get the whole - following the crowd bit and not wanting to feel left out. But...experience has taught me that once you get on that bandwagon - you'll find yourself chasing a moving target that will end up being an expensive trip.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 01:04 AM
35 12