If this is a double post, I apologize but I did not see anything on this.

After searching for a solution for myself, ive noticed I wasnt the only one that was not able to to get Blackberry Protect to work.
    I did alot of searching on this and found solutions that did not work. I tried to wipe the device through the Security Wipe in BB but that didnt work. I then tried reloading a whole new OS and that didnt work. I ran out of solutions and was about to give up til I rkept on noticing everything I read about the issue had to deal with the IT policy. Blackberrys own KB was complicated and I didnt get far with that.

What I did was I used BBSAK (Extremeley useful app) and did the Factory Reset which BBSAK says does a Factory Reset of the phone and removes any IT policy that may be on the phone. (Not sure how I had one, but mine was new from Verizon and I have no work email on here)
    After the phone reset and booted up. I went ahead and download Blackberry Protect and VOILA, I now have BBP on my phone.

Hope this works for you as it did for me.
    Good Luck.
    tbrenn likes this.
    05-01-11 03:02 PM
    Bump for anyone looking for a fix.
    05-09-11 04:15 PM
    Hmmm.

Using loader you could have simply /resettofactory and remove the IT policy. But I guess in this day and age running applications from the command prompt is far from appealing to some. Myself, I love it. Windows has made many users unaware of the command prompt and it's usefulness.
    05-09-11 04:21 PM
    Does it solve the issue of BBP not working if your device/media card is encrypted?
    I refuse to turn off my encryption just so I can be able to do OTA backup and wipe of my BB.

The BB wipes after so many failed attempts at the password right?
    05-09-11 11:39 PM
    Hmmm.

Using loader you could have simply /resettofactory and remove the IT policy. But I guess in this day and age running applications from the command prompt is far from appealing to some. Myself, I love it. Windows has made many users unaware of the command prompt and it's usefulness.
    Do you have any further info on this switch? Are there other available switches?
    05-10-11 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD