I love Blackberry Protect and I think it has so much potential to do more. Is there a market for a premium version where you pay a couple dollars a month and get all media on phone backed up. Also I would love to have save gamed data, that would be awesome. Just woundering what other people think of this idea.
    BBPandy and Stump3r like this.
    10-13-12 09:34 AM
    BB protect actually saves only texts n main data right?
    for other than that, i just copy the whole she-bang in the phone and SD card into a flash drive or pc. a copy with a title e.g. 'BB october'12'... and i back up all the data like games data, saved bbm data into the folder.

Sent from my torchy Torch 9800 using Tapatalk
    10-13-12 09:41 AM
    The issue with manual backups is most people will not do them. A lot of people have thousands of pictures on there phones and nowhere else. For this product to work it would have to be a automatic backup.

Also on a side note. I work in the iT world and about 95% of people who have a BlackBerry have no idea Blackberry Protect exists. I think when you get a brand new Blackberry, the setup wizard should push you to enable BlackBerry protect.
    10-13-12 09:58 AM
    The issue with manual backups is most people will not do them. A lot of people have thousands of pictures on there phones and nowhere else. For this product to work it would have to be a automatic backup.

Also on a side note. I work in the iT world and about 95% of people who have a BlackBerry have no idea Blackberry Protect exists. I think when you get a brand new Blackberry, the setup wizard should push you to enable BlackBerry protect.
    yup.. most doesn't do manual back up because it's a hassle. but to me, I'd rather manual back up all the songs and pictures and data into a flash drive. especially since i had an experience of corrupted SD card and a swimming torch few months back.
    back up on a pc or flash drive always saves u the trouble of regrets.

and regarding BB protect?
    majority of my friends doesn't know it exist too!!
    only when they misplaced or lost their phone and told me then i asked them to find their phone thru pc.. and they gave me that 'what the heck has this got to do with pc look'. and i have to explain to them some of the advantage of BB protect.

BB protect is the most important feature on a BB and a must to everyone. if any of you guys haven't done so, install it immediately...

10-13-12 10:22 AM
    I think it's a good idea, if not implemented by RIM, then by a 3rd party app. Personally though, I can't see myself trusting a third party app for this, unless it's someone like my carrier, or, say brinks security (i.e. a reputable name.)
    10-13-12 10:44 AM
    Don't bash me, but an iCloud-like feature on the BB will be best. Wireless backup of ALL data, including settings, text, media (selectable as I wouldn't want to backup my songs), etc.

The first thing I do whenever I get a new BB or hard-reset my BB is to enable BB Protect. I have never lost my phone so have never used the locating feature. But BB Protect does give me kind of a peace of mind that it's there to back me up when I need it.
    10-13-12 11:53 AM
    Don't bash me, but an iCloud-like feature on the BB will be best. Wireless backup of ALL data, including settings, text, media (selectable as I wouldn't want to backup my songs), etc.
    I like this idea, EXCEPT I'd want the primary storage to be my device/microSD, not said cloud (I don't know how The Fruit does it.)
    10-13-12 01:30 PM
    Wow I didn't even know about this feature and I've been a BB user for years! I do on the other hand do a daily backup as I charge my BB at work via my laptop.
    10-13-12 01:53 PM
    yup... but for us to have a cloud system like in a BB protect would means RIM would have to give an option of paid and free based cloud system. coz i would say majority of us have lots of things stored in our phone. and most importantly are pictures. like i myself, i have around 5GB of storage to back up. if RIM would have me to pay for an extra buck to protect my data, i would gladly pay it..

Wow I didn't even know about this feature and I've been a BB user for years! I do on the other hand do a daily backup as I charge my BB at work via my laptop.
    wow right? the functions are just amazing.. I've tried it before just for the sake of testing and my phone definitely screams for my attention when i set the phone to 'find my phone' thru BB protect. it's definitely a MUST for every BB users.

10-13-12 05:28 PM