PSA: get to know BlackBerry Protect.

Neat, easy to use feature and might come in handy one day.

Perhaps CB can do a feature article, as I haven't seen on in a long time (if ever) and it would be good for the masses to be aware of.

BlackBerry Protect Login - Download BlackBerry Protect and Sign In - US
    10-17-14 07:53 AM
    This is one of the first things I test after setting up a new device -- to ensure it's working.

But, BB Protect is still criticised for being reduced to it's current state on BB 10. The legacy version was so much more useful, being able to back up/restore the most important data on your device. I really miss it.
    Couver81 and LyoobaBerry like this.
    10-17-14 10:34 AM
    Handy for finding the device if lost....its so basic. Call me when BlackBerry decides to bring back all of its original features. Shouldn't need a third party app, or to have to rely on Link to handle what BlackBerry Protect used to do

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 11:31 AM
    This is one of the first things I test after setting up a new device -- to ensure it's working.

But, BB Protect is still criticised for being reduced to it's current state on BB 10. The legacy version was so much more useful, being able to back up/restore the most important data on your device. I really miss it.
    Yup the legacy version was top notch. I really hope an update brings that level of functionality to the BB10 version. The new version has its uses and isn't bad but it is not nearly as feature rich as the BBOS version.
    10-17-14 12:19 PM
    Please enlighten me.

I had BBOS for years and never knew about BlackBerry protect.

What extra features did it have?

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 02:58 PM
    Please enlighten me.

I had BBOS for years and never knew about BlackBerry protect.

What extra features did it have?

Posted via CB10
    It's been a while, but I know it backed up PW Keeper data, browser bookmarks, settings, local contacts, local calendar, memos, tasks, sms. I believe it also backed up settings. I may be missing some others.

This was all in addition to the remote finding/locking that's still available.
    10-17-14 04:12 PM