psychologically with bbmx.

I've mentioned this few times before in comments and posts ever since news broke out about BlackBerry will be coming out with BBM for android and ios.

Think about this,
    for the next few days, people are downloading, tweeting and fb-ing about bbmx.
    for the next few months, those who are using bbm will be using it and started to like bb pin exclusivity and privacy. They will start to bbm-ing each other and appreciating the 'D' and 'R' whenever they 'sent' a message.

Now, here's the interesting part.

Over the testaments of 10million downloads as mentioned in BBM for Android and iPhone sees over 10 million downloads in 24 hours | CrackBerry.com article , we've seen how anticipated people are to download bbmx.

Over the months, BlackBerry is putting their brand name into android and iphone users mouth without they realising it.

"hey, let's bbm!"
    "dude, why don't you bbm me anymore? "
    "let's chat over bbm."
    "hey, you've got bb pin?"

And everybody knows when you mentioned BB on phone or over chat, it will always means BlackBerry.

Now, this is what I am talking about BlackBerry is playing mind games with android and ios users. Like it or not, they will unintentionally mentioned and even talk about BlackBerry.

And with NEW UI on bbm that bbos users are used to prior they ditching bbos to android or ios, this will create questions,
    'What other things that BlackBerry has made in the past years...' And the search for new BB10 device could probably be on the way.

It's not about BlackBerry is making money or not by providing free bbm to android or ios,
    but it's about putting the name and logo of BlackBerry into competitors hands that's more important.

Advertising thru word of mouth or better yet from the end of your finger tips.
    10-22-13 08:47 PM
    Amin to that..
    Hope people will curious bout BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    jafrul likes this.
    10-22-13 08:50 PM
    I agree with this post. It is about brand rebuilding. However, until the app situation is resolved...well we know the rest...

Posted via CB10
    jafrul and bbq10l like this.
    10-22-13 08:51 PM
    They will need to release voice and video chat as well as BBM channels for iOS and Android soon to send out a clear message to apps like Viber.

I've started sending out tons of BBM invites (spams) to tons of my friends

Attachment 213012

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 08:59 PM
    Nailed it. All about brand awareness. Even the UI is designed to look like native Cascades. Eventually, it will peak people's interest and some may start flocking back to the brand.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 09:00 PM
    psychologically with bbmx.

I've mentioned this few times before in comments and posts ever since news broke out about BlackBerry will be coming out with BBM for android and ios.

Think about this,
    for the next few days, people are downloading, tweeting and fb-ing about bbmx.
    for the next few months, those who are using bbm will be using it and started to like bb pin exclusivity and privacy. They will start to bbm-ing each other and appreciating the 'D' and 'R' whenever they 'sent' a message.

Now, here's the interesting part.

Over the testaments of 10million downloads as mentioned in BBM for Android and iPhone sees over 10 million downloads in 24 hours | CrackBerry.com article , we've seen how anticipated people are to download bbmx.

Over the months, BlackBerry is putting their brand name into android and iphone users mouth without they realising it.

"hey, let's bbm!"
    "dude, why don't you bbm me anymore? "
    "let's chat over bbm."
    "hey, you've got bb pin?"

And everybody knows when you mentioned BB on phone or over chat, it will always means BlackBerry.

Now, this is what I am talking about BlackBerry is playing mind games with android and ios users. Like it or not, they will unintentionally mentioned and even talk about BlackBerry.

And with NEW UI on bbm that bbos users are used to prior they ditching bbos to android or ios, this will create questions,
    'What other things that BlackBerry has made in the past years...' And the search for new BB10 device could probably be on the way.

It's not about BlackBerry is making money or not by providing free bbm to android or ios,
    but it's about putting the name and logo of BlackBerry into competitors hands that's more important.

Advertising thru word of mouth or better yet from the end of your finger tips.
    This should be an article.

Android and iPhone fan better thank BlackBerry for making their phone better. I prefer subscribers, not followers.
    bb624 and jafrul like this.
    10-22-13 09:04 PM
    Yup as soon as bbm on ios and android get voice and video others will die... Lol

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 09:04 PM
    I'm willing to bet that Bbm channel will create a paradigm shift in people's mind.

Android and iPhone fan better thank BlackBerry for making their phone better. I prefer subscribers, not followers.
    jafrul and MidnightSociety like this.
    10-22-13 09:07 PM
    I like how it uses the BBM notification sound and activates the red LED light on android phones.

At a distance my mum's Nexus 4 really seems like it's a BlackBerry going off.

Posted via CB10
    TheQuietRioter and jafrul like this.
    10-22-13 09:17 PM
    Brilliant move, way to go BlackBerry. Watch the sales pick up.

Posted via CB10
    jafrul likes this.
    10-22-13 09:43 PM
    Jafrul, you hit the nail. LYN group's long dead bbm group just resurfaced yesterday. LOL. And when I read your post, LOL, double whammy. Man, things are going in a direction like you suggest. I think I should follow up on your suggestion too kekekeke
    jafrul likes this.
    10-22-13 09:51 PM
    I'm willing to bet that Bbm channel will create a paradigm shift in people's mind.

Yes, and since they don't get the full version until the end of the year, that could cause a lot of people to buy a BlackBerry to get the full version. Then the Igrann app comes out soon, well things are looking good.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 10:15 PM
    Don't forget BBM banking and wire transfers!

:-0

?10
    10-22-13 10:20 PM
    Jafrul, you hit the nail. LYN group's long dead bbm group just resurfaced yesterday. LOL. And when I read your post, LOL, double whammy. Man, things are going in a direction like you suggest. I think I should follow up on your suggestion too kekekeke
    That's what i'm talking about... brand awareness as mentioned by one of the posters is more important..

and hopefully more people that previously was blinded by the awesomeness of their different platforms will take a second look at new BlackBerry. and possibly make the switch to BB10.

imagine the chats and tweets when people complaint of not having VOICE and VIDEO calls on BBMX..
    people will start to realise that the bbm they are having on their device now is inferior and they need to look up at BB10 to see the full potential of BBM. and again, possible switch.

and then the income will start grow.
    10-22-13 10:25 PM
    Nice job OP. As a marketer and advertiser, I agree that this tactic makes sense.

What BlackBerry needs to do is keep the momentum. When you have buzz, you have to find a way to make it louder.

I hope BlackBerry capitalize on these opportunities.

Posted via CB10
    jafrul likes this.
    10-22-13 10:28 PM
    Don't forget BBM banking and wire transfers!

:-0

?10
    Is that on the pipeline as well?
    If yes, that would be awesome.
    10-23-13 07:51 AM
    Is that on the pipeline as well?
    If yes, that would be awesome.
    not in Malaysia. Maybank hates that. They will kill it.
    10-23-13 09:30 AM
    not in Malaysia. Maybank hates that. They will kill it.

Lol... Looks like i just stick to cimb then.
    Couldn't say the experience is better or not. But definitely looking for it if there's an app for it.
    10-23-13 09:51 AM
    Lol... Looks like i just stick to cimb then.
    Couldn't say the experience is better or not. But definitely looking for it if there's an app for it.
    There is maybank apps for BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 10:09 AM
    There is maybank apps for BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    downloaded. thanks.
    Uzi likes this.
    10-23-13 07:35 PM
    This was exactly what I've been telling people about BBM going cross platform. There was even an interview about it on Bloomberg and the guy being interviewed said the same thing.

Posted via CB10
    jafrul likes this.
    10-23-13 08:34 PM
    This was exactly what I've been telling people about BBM going cross platform. There was even an interview about it on Bloomberg and the guy being interviewed said the same thing.

Posted via CB10

true. and most people always thought when doing business, it must be a direct income from sales when long term and indirect sales actually that keeps most companies sustained for the long run.
    10-23-13 11:18 PM
    I literally cannot wait for BBM to be updated with channels and video.

And then once all the developers release their Instagram, Vine, and Snapchat apps!

And when 10.2 is released in the US!

Hopefully all of this will be done by Christmas!

I could see this being a turning point for BlackBerry as long as they can stay on top of everything and update it regularly and keep building brand reputation.
    10-24-13 12:49 AM
    I think BBM for everyone is just what the company needs right now. They need to generate or bring back positive brand awareness first and they can do that through BBM 4 All. Afterwards, they could follow through with" get the whole Bb10 experience through our devices" or something to that effect.

I'm just happy reading some tweets stating that they miss their blackberries after using BBM for Android or ios. And that, I think is a good thing. It works both ways.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 01:03 AM
    I think after the hype dies down, BlackBerry will update bbm with voice or video chat to regain that hype and then bbm will be more powerful then ever. Also on its way to killing Viber.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 01:25 AM
30 12