Ive been shopping to get a new plan and a new blackberry. I am leaning towards AT&T but when i went there they said that plus the $30 blackberry service plan (which i knew i would have to get) i also have to get a text message plan. But ive been using blackberries for years now on different plans and the plan always INCLUDED unlimited texts. When i had verizon 3 years back it did and this whole time ive been on tmobile for 2 years the $35 blackberry service plan included unlimited texts. Have you guys noticed a difference? does your plan included unlimited texts and if so what carrier do you have.
    09-16-09 08:43 PM
    My "Everything Data 450" plan with Sprint includes unlimited data and texts. I hadn't looked at AT&T, but it seems like most of the carriers had a bundle which included the BIS stuff with unlimited texts.
    09-16-09 08:46 PM
    Ive been shopping to get a new plan and a new blackberry. I am leaning towards AT&T but when i went there they said that plus the $30 blackberry service plan (which i knew i would have to get) i also have to get a text message plan. But ive been using blackberries for years now on different plans and the plan always INCLUDED unlimited texts. When i had verizon 3 years back it did and this whole time ive been on tmobile for 2 years the $35 blackberry service plan included unlimited texts. Have you guys noticed a difference? does your plan included unlimited texts and if so what carrier do you have.
    Pretty sure neither the Verizon or the AT&T or the Tmobile plans have included sms with the BIS plan for quite some time...
    All the "bundles" do is lump them together for the same price usually.

Data plans are around $30 a month, sms plans have always been a rip off at about $15-20 for unlimited. No way would they include both for $30-35 a month...
    09-16-09 08:56 PM
    Papped, u right. Sprint does though. My txts r unlimited with my bb plan for $30. & then I just pay another $40 for voice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 09:03 PM
    Actually, it looks like T-Mobile bundles its BlackBerry plan with unlimited messages for $34.99 in addition to whatever you spend for minutes.

To do BlackBerry data and unlimited messages separately for T-Mo, it'd be $39.98. Not a huge savings, but one nonetheless.
    09-16-09 09:31 PM
    Cellular south I got 500 minutes unlimited mobile to mobile unlimited data, text, and picture for 55.99 a month

Last edited by luvitlo; 09-16-09 at 09:42 PM.
    09-16-09 09:39 PM
    I believe ATT and VZW are 2 of the only phone companies that make you pay for EVERYTHING!
    09-16-09 09:58 PM
    If you want everything included for a low price, Sprint is the way to go...
    09-16-09 10:35 PM
    I believe ATT and VZW are 2 of the only phone companies that make you pay for EVERYTHING!
    What logic train are your riding that leads you to expect a service for free, Verizon and ATT heavily subsidize their phones and they also have the largest networks at some point someone needs to pay for it. Not to mention the people who abuse the system claiming 9 warranties for the craziest stuff, people stealing the phones, (unlocking them then bringing them to other networks), engaging in illegal activity (like the con in Boston involving wire fraud and identity theft stealing millions of dollars) and other various unethical actions jack up the price. If people were generally more honest companies could get rid of the "fraud tax" and we would be charged less.

09-16-09 11:02 PM
    Nothing in the cellular world is free. All companies make you pay for everything... it's just at a lower cost. It's unlimited night & weekend... not free night & weekend.
    09-16-09 11:26 PM
    I think a long time back (I'm meaning several years)...I think it could have been bundled, probably back when texting wasn't as popular.
    09-17-09 12:07 AM
    I think texting charges are a ripoff anyway since it costs the carrier virtually nothing, however they all charge so all you can do is pay for it. Go sprint if u can and hope TMO don't buy em

09-17-09 12:55 AM
    Nothing in the cellular world is free. All companies make you pay for everything... it's just at a lower cost. It's unlimited night & weekend... not free night & weekend.
    Yup, you're kidding yourself if you think Sprint (or anyone else) is "giving" you unlimited sms...

Not to mention you could go into all kinds of other carrier "tradeoffs" or other reasons why they have those lower rates...
    09-17-09 01:46 AM
    My Sprint Simply Everything plan includes unlimited texts and unlimited everything else (well, except my international calls -- those cost extra, lol) ... for only $99/month. I don't think there's a better value out there. Though technically not "free," it sure feels like it is with that deal!

09-17-09 02:21 AM
    i have tmo and pay $34.99 for bis and unlimited texts and i pay $39.99 for voice.
    09-17-09 05:37 AM
    Dude. The unlimited plans are not a rip off. Trust me. Looked at the usage and on our national/unlm plan, the teen has used no joke, over 6000 messages on her phone alone. Ahg! And yes, she is a 4.0 student so she is a little spoiled. That's in one month!!

09-17-09 06:42 AM
    Not sure how it works in the USA but my sms has always been included with my standard phone contract. The Blackberry add on has just covered BB, sms has always been included with the phone service

09-17-09 10:29 AM
    my old plan with ATT was unlimited talk/sms/data but that was a grandfathered plan that i had for 2-3 yrs. i think it was $30 even
    they couldn't roll over that plan with my BB service so now it's $30 for BB data and i pay $5 per month for sms/mms - maybe 200 or 500.
    09-17-09 10:45 AM
    I have had T-Mo for quite some time. My services with my Pearl were separately chosen, 19.99 for Blackberry Internet and I only this year added 300 text p/ month for 4.99.

I was looking at the T-Mo website as I was buying a Pearl today, and you can either buy the Internet 29.99 and 300 text for 4.99, or buy a 34.99 bundled package which is unlimited.
    09-17-09 11:24 AM
    at&t is the biggest rip off prices wise for what you get. Id go with sprint or Verizon both companies are worth there prices but Verizon does cost a little more. If you want to get ripped off goto at&t.

all i have to pay is 89 a month on sprint for unlimited everything
    09-17-09 05:23 PM
    You probably had one of the MediaNet plans. Those were much cheaper but are not available on BBs anymore. If you are going on an individual account it is $50 for Unl. data and text, but for anyone going on a family plan, they have now made the Unlimited Family Messaging for $30 for up to 5 lines available to BB owners.
    09-17-09 05:31 PM
    You probably had one of the MediaNet plans. Those were much cheaper but are not available on BBs anymore. If you are going on an individual account it is $50 for Unl. data and text, but for anyone going on a family plan, they have now made the Unlimited Family Messaging for $30 for up to 5 lines available to BB owners.
    Yep, I pay $30 for unlimited data + sms on MediaNet.
    09-17-09 05:35 PM
    I pay 9.99 for unlimited messages and 19.99 for unlimited data on T-Mobile..so roughly about 30/month for that?

I'd say it's a lot better than other carriers that charge $30 for data alone. That's just too much for me.

If you're looking for a 35/month plan (like you mentioned) that includes both messages and data, go with T-Mobile.
    09-17-09 07:07 PM
    Unlimited SMS says $14.99 on the tmobile website.
    09-17-09 07:21 PM
    He probably has an old feature that is no longer available and unless he changes his plan he gets to keep it. I am on a plan that is better than AT&T current voice plan because I have been on it for 6 years now.
    09-17-09 09:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD