I don't want them to sell 43 M , only numbers that convince me that I will have Z50 in 2014
    They are in the midst of restructuring every area of the company for long term survival. It would be nice if people would not be so self serving and understand what the company is trying to do and go ahead and support that. Go get a Z30 if you want a sweet phone.

Posted via CB10
    Jrox74 likes this.
    04-23-14 05:49 PM
    Apple sold 43.5 M phones in just last quarter. Why BB can't sell at least 4 M ???

Apple Beats Street Big Time in Q2 2014 Earnings | TechnoBuffalo
    Because of posts like this, your welcome.

Posted via CB10
    bborgimicks likes this.
    04-23-14 05:49 PM
    ummm.....on most carrier web sites, blackberry has the highest customer ratings....ratings by people whom actually use and bought the phones with their own money.

Personally, I have never had an issue with a blackberry, so the apparent issue of weak customer support is a moot point to me. 4 of the 5 android phones I have bought, however, broke or has issues within the first 6 months. I was not pleased with either LG or Samsung and their wanting customer support.

Even in the US, where Blackberry is not popular, check out the customer ratings for Z30 vs Apple or the myriad of android phones.

Lack of apps I can agree with, but Blackberry do make quality phones.
    04-23-14 05:50 PM
    I wouldn't say it to that extent, but it's clear that BlackBerry isn't making phones that fits the consumers needs. The app situation is the biggest one of those needs. Sideloading isn't a fix. Plus, with other ecosystems out there as good as they are, why would a consumer want to leave a platform they are familiar with to one that they don't know AND would have to do extra work to get the apps they want and use? Until the app gap is actually closed, I sadly don't see BlackBerry selling.
    This from a poster that never has anything good to say about blackberry. (facepalm)

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 05:51 PM
    Apple sold 43.5 M phones in just last quarter. Why BB can't sell at least 4 M ???

Your question make me laugh.. they sound like a question a 4 year asks his parents when he sees or hears about something new.. =)) not being offensive but I read a post of yours yesterday about I don't remember what but it felt pretty funny..

I understand I'm not being helpful to his thread, but I just had to put my feeling out there..

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 05:52 PM

^^^that's why

��
    Why is it Apple always picks the coolest music?
    04-23-14 05:52 PM
    This from a poster that never has anything good to say about blackberry. (facepalm)

Posted via CB10
    Maybe you should look harder. I say plenty of good about BlackBerry, but I'm also not afraid to say the bad.
    04-23-14 05:55 PM
    Here's a thought, if the apple phones are so good why would you even find out about customer service? I had my BlackBerry Torch for three plus years before my z10 and NEVER had to learn how BlackBerrys customer service was, because the phone was solid and awesome.

A full year in on constant use on my z10 and no issues.

If you have to know how a companies customer service is, what is wrong with the product in the first place to call?

Just a thought.

Posted via CB10
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    04-23-14 05:55 PM

They were already behind when they came with BB10. They screwed up on many fronts. First, they came with a phone with sub par specifications. They needed a phone with ultra specs to make up for other deficiencies, like apps. Instead Blackberry came with specs as good as iPhone, if not worse. Specs do sell. Secondly, they priced the products too high. Blackberry needed to come up with a true entry level product like Lumia 520. Thirdly, they couldn't capitalize on its current user base because the new physical keyboard version was too different for its hardcore fans. Also, lack of marketing etc etc, the list goes on. Having said that, I think Blackberry has seen its worst days. We will see things changing, starting with Z3. Any company is as good as its leadership, and I believe Blackberry is in good hands now.
    04-23-14 05:57 PM
    Here's a thought, if the apple phones are so good why would you even find out about customer service? I had my BlackBerry Torch for three plus years before my z10 and NEVER had to learn how BlackBerrys customer service was, because the phone was solid and awesome.

If you have to know how a companies customer service is, what is wrong with the product in the first place to call?

Just a thought.

Posted via CB10
    iPhones smash. There are so few people I know with iPhones that haven't cracked their screen. But that's not really the point. Products have issues no matter what they are. It's about how the company handles themselves in such an event. However (even though it was way back when), I don't have anything positive to say about Apple's customer service.
    andy957 likes this.
    04-23-14 05:58 PM
    BlackBerry's not alone. Other Android manufacturers are also suffering. Those that don't want Samsung phones, non-techie consumers, probably opt for the other more recognized phone
    04-23-14 05:59 PM

Just a thought.

Posted via CB10
    Let's say I have no need of the service because my phone works excellently but my buddies had some issues and they sing the praises of how well they were treated. So I have a product that in my experience is rock solid and even on the small chance I have issues I know I am covered there too. Win-win for me, no?

Apple must be doing something right, their retention rate is very high. And majority are not fanatics.

They have very good customer service. They have very good marketing. They have very good brand recognition that they protect zealously. They have very good products. They have very good apps support. They have very good interoperability with their products. See not only the trend but the breadth of their reach? Don't look at each individual item but the whole.

Samsung gets it. I don't think they actually execute all that well but I also don't think they are at the top of the Android heap by accident.

Microsoft is still a little rough but getting there. Potentially seamless app use across desktop to pocket, proven experience with enterprise and services and interoperability.

Now consider what a potential buyer will get by buying a BlackBerry vs one of those three. That is not putting down BBRY. It's just how it has evolved.
    ajst222, 21stNow, JeepBB and 2 others like this.
    04-23-14 06:11 PM
    ummm.....on most carrier web sites, blackberry has the highest customer ratings....ratings by people whom actually use and bought the phones with their own money.

Personally, I have never had an issue with a blackberry, so the apparent issue of weak customer support is a moot point to me. 4 of the 5 android phones I have bought, however, broke or has issues within the first 6 months. I was not pleased with either LG or Samsung and their wanting customer support.

Even in the US, where Blackberry is not popular, check out the customer ratings for Z30 vs Apple or the myriad of android phones.

Lack of apps I can agree with, but Blackberry do make quality phones.
    Usually those can never be trusted like when people on forums called for bbry users to vote on a not so random phone votw even crackberry Kevin disowned that one the moto x vs z30 vote

The more revealing number would be the unsold and returned phones which is higher number then bb10's customer base so if the number of unsold and returned phones is higher then the amount of users how can there be 100% customer satisfaction rating the 4.4 billion and the 2 billion write offs the previous quarter

Noone really cares about phones returned before 15 days google the customer satisfaction rating of bbry it isn't very high
    Apple is number one yet you based on small amount of votes says that bbry is higher
    Yet bbry hasn't even broken 10m in more rhen a year sales and every other manufacturer breaks that in 1 quarter

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    21stNow likes this.
    04-23-14 06:13 PM
    I think they are just late to the game. They were always in corporate space. Now they are venturing out (Tried to) and people already had their built in perceptions.

It would take a lot to turn that around.

Sent from the Berry using Tapatalk.
    ajst222 and Shadowyugi like this.
    04-23-14 06:19 PM
    No Apple spends a lot more on advertising that is why they sell more than BlackBerry. Apple phones are gimmicky and are built for the masses as opposed to BlackBerry which is a business device. Granted not always the best but this is a direct result of no leadership.
    04-23-14 06:21 PM
    Blackberry needs to focus on what made them - business and government.

Period.

Z10 on Telus
    04-23-14 06:22 PM
    Because of the tarnished reputation and that they don't even know about the new phones and what they can do.
    No.

1. What a title
    2. iPhones are priced equally if not more competitively than BlackBerrys and continue to remain competitive for years. They are guaranteed to get all the apps a user could want whereas with BlackBerry it's very hit or miss. It's not that BlackBerrys are bad, it's just that they're in a very tricky and poor place in the market. Every decision must be weighted as if it were do or die, because it essentially is.
    Yes.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __
    BB's not selling well: Fanboys explanation
    1.vast conspiracy involving all media, all carriers, all retailers, all governments - no whistle blowers
    2.marketing - if only people knew.....if ONLY......

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __
    BB's not selling well: alternate explanation
    Pros unique to BB: hub, now 2nd rate android app runner, security (benefits and extent unclear)

Cons: company in terrible shape (over half employees gone/finances down to tiny buffer, publicly tried to sell itself, another CEO and staff clearing), from weak dev support to no dev support, carrier support evaporating, virtually no marketshare, no new competitive product line, admission they are looking in other directions (than consumer phones)
    This really isn't rocket-science....even though some people act like it's a mystery - and maybe that doesn't help the level of apparent confusion - every time somebody asks this it can only result in either more of the fanboy reasons...or people having to play downer with the splash of cold water (ie. alternate explanation).
    JeepBB and kevinnugent like this.
    04-23-14 06:38 PM
    No Apple spends a lot more on advertising that is why they sell more than BlackBerry. Apple phones are gimmicky and are built for the masses as opposed to BlackBerry which is a business device. Granted not always the best but this is a direct result of no leadership.
    Well I don't think it's fair to say that Apple sells more phones only because of marketing. And to say Apple phones are gimmicky? I haven't heard that before. iPhones are pretty straight forward and simple if you ask me. If any OS is gimmicky it's Android.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    04-23-14 06:38 PM

Just a thought.

Posted via CB10
    Just because that was your experience doesn't mean it's been others. Since you never had an issue with your BB no one else has either? I know people who have never had an issue with their iPhone and I've had issues with 2 different BB's.
    04-23-14 06:51 PM
    Usually those can never be trusted like when people on forums called for bbry users to vote on a not so random phone votw even crackberry Kevin disowned that one the moto x vs z30 vote

The more revealing number would be the unsold and returned phones which is higher number then bb10's customer base so if the number of unsold and returned phones is higher then the amount of users how can there be 100% customer satisfaction rating the 4.4 billion and the 2 billion write offs the previous quarter

Noone really cares about phones returned before 15 days google the customer satisfaction rating of bbry it isn't very high
    Apple is number one yet you based on small amount of votes says that bbry is higher
    Yet bbry hasn't even broken 10m in more rhen a year sales and every other manufacturer breaks that in 1 quarter

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-23-14 07:00 PM
    Let's say I have no need of the service because my phone works excellently but my buddies had some issues and they sing the praises of how well they were treated. So I have a product that in my experience is rock solid and even on the small chance I have issues I know I am covered there too. Win-win for me, no?

Apple must be doing something right, their retention rate is very high. And majority are not fanatics.

They have very good customer service. They have very good marketing. They have very good brand recognition that they protect zealously. They have very good products. They have very good apps support. They have very good interoperability with their products. See not only the trend but the breadth of their reach? Don't look at each individual item but the whole.

Samsung gets it. I don't think they actually execute all that well but I also don't think they are at the top of the Android heap by accident.

Microsoft is still a little rough but getting there. Potentially seamless app use across desktop to pocket, proven experience with enterprise and services and interoperability.

Now consider what a potential buyer will get by buying a BlackBerry vs one of those three. That is not putting down BBRY. It's just how it has evolved.
    Valid, and then there is also the curve that people are going to go in with the negative that is perceived. Because people have their phones replaced by Apple with no questions asked it doesn't mean they are superior when people do change platforms and can't get their Imessage issues resolved. As a consumer hearing that makes me leary about a platform.

Blackberry is slammed by everyone so badly no one will go in with the benefit of the doubt to see how it is better and has changed.

Everyone has different customer service experiences. Sure it's great to value friends opinions but some may be more acceptable of those experiences.

Companies can change, so can customer experiences. People need to do their own research and think for themselves.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    04-23-14 07:01 PM
    "Advertising costs are expensed as incurred. Advertising expense was $1.0 billion, $933 million and $691 million for 2012, 2011 and 2010, respectively." -Apple Apple Inc. - Annual Report

"Samsung Electronics Co(005930.KS) is expected to spend around $14 billion - more than Iceland's GDP - on advertising and marketing this year" Samsung's marketing splurge doesn't always bring bang-for-buck | Reuters

For a billion dollars of advertising they are getting a pretty good return....
    04-23-14 07:03 PM
    One of a thousand like posts. Saying the same thing, why aren't BlackBerry's selling?

Hopeless....

Posted via Verizon Z10 - OS v10.1.2.2174
    richardat likes this.
    04-23-14 07:06 PM
    Just because that was your experience doesn't mean it's been others. Since you never had an issue with your BB no one else has either? I know people who have never had an issue with their iPhone and I've had issues with 2 different BB's.
    Exactly so throwing in customer service with apple strong points mean nothing, take it away and it's one less thing like no hdmi, cost, no battery swap, no SD slot.

Customer service is not a selling point as anyone can have a bad experience with the best of companies. Remember the burnt coffee sue job to McDonald's from that lady? People still go there. Did she get bad customer service from them? Maybe in her eyes. But everyone else saw it as her fault, except the courts. Lol

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 07:07 PM
    Exactly so throwing in customer service with apple strong points mean nothing, take it away and it's one less thing like no hdmi, cost, no battery swap, no SD slot.

Customer service is not a selling point as anyone can have a bad experience with the best of companies. Remember the burnt coffee sue job to McDonald's from that lady? People still go there. Did she get bad customer service from them? Maybe in her eyes. But everyone else saw it as her fault, except the courts. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but Blackberry's customer service is consistently awful. Trying to even get anyone on the phone is challenging enough, and then actually getting them to help you is a whole other disaster. While it's not a selling feature of a phone, Apple's customer service keeps people loyal to the brand because they give the perception that they actually care about their customers. BB doesn't give any indication that they even know who their customers are.
    21stNow and andy957 like this.
    04-23-14 07:13 PM
413 1234 ...