Apple sold 43.5 M phones in just last quarter. Why BB can't sell at least 4 M ???

Apple Beats Street Big Time in Q2 2014 Earnings | TechnoBuffalo
    04-23-14 04:44 PM
    Because of the tarnished reputation and that they don't even know about the new phones and what they can do.
    04-23-14 04:46 PM
    1. What a title
    2. iPhones are priced equally if not more competitively than BlackBerrys and continue to remain competitive for years. They are guaranteed to get all the apps a user could want whereas with BlackBerry it's very hit or miss. It's not that BlackBerrys are bad, it's just that they're in a very tricky and poor place in the market. Every decision must be weighted as if it were do or die, because it essentially is.
    04-23-14 04:49 PM
    I wouldn't say it to that extent, but it's clear that BlackBerry isn't making phones that fits the consumers needs. The app situation is the biggest one of those needs. Sideloading isn't a fix. Plus, with other ecosystems out there as good as they are, why would a consumer want to leave a platform they are familiar with to one that they don't know AND would have to do extra work to get the apps they want and use? Until the app gap is actually closed, I sadly don't see BlackBerry selling.
    04-23-14 04:51 PM

^^^that's why

🍕
    Ealaionta, earlym, djtim and 9 others like this.
    04-23-14 04:51 PM
    Because of the tarnished reputation and that they don't even know about the new phones and what they can do.
    That's a huge one. Everyone already "knows" that BlackBerry is dead, so why buy a phone from them?
    04-23-14 04:52 PM
    Because apps. Because perception of BlackBerry. Because lack of advertising. Because lack of support by the US. Because of some sort of conspiracy. Just because.

Posted via CB10
    menshawy, Donnierock and andy957 like this.
    04-23-14 04:52 PM
    That's a huge one. Everyone already "knows" that BlackBerry is dead, so why buy a phone from them?
    When will be come back???
    04-23-14 05:06 PM
    My lord these threads pop up everyday. It really shouldnt even be hard to come up with a conclusion of why the phones just don't sell lol

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 05:07 PM
    Let's see cheap plastic phones with last year specs vs premium phones with up to date features not to mention matured features

Uncertainty at bbry ain't helping either

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    richardat likes this.
    04-23-14 05:17 PM
    Marketing (or lack thereof), apps (or lack thereof), managerial competence (or lack thereof), carrier support (or lack thereof), and, crucially, not being able to tell which market is the target market.

Among other things. Sigh...

People: "Nobody is buying BB10 because you aren't competing with iOS/Android!"
    BB: "Okay, big touch screen phone! We'll try to get some apps!"
    People: "Nobody is buying BB10 because it doesn't have exactly the same features as BBOS!"
    BB: "Okay, QWERTY with a trackpad! You don't need apps anyway!"
    People: "Nobody is buying BB10 because you can't decide which way to go!"
    BB: "@*(&U(*%!"

You see the problem.
    When will be come back???
    From your post history, you seem to have a habit of asking questions that nobody knows the answer to. See if your local unversity has a position open in the philosophy department.
    04-23-14 05:18 PM
    Because they came to the market with a very good OS much too late. People are vested in the ecosystems and contrary to what you will hear in here, people actually like them. The iPhone doesn't do everything, but what it does, it does extremely well. It's also backed by the best customer service in the industry coupled with the most third party accessories. It has the best apps and the best games. Things like HDMI out, DNLA, and miracast don't translate to the everyday consumer.
    04-23-14 05:19 PM
    My lord these threads pop up everyday. It really shouldnt even be hard to come up with a conclusion of why the phones just don't sell lol

Posted via CB10
    LoL its like broken record on rewind.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 05:20 PM
    Let's see cheap plastic phones with last year specs vs premium phones with up to date features not to mention matured features

Uncertainty at bbry ain't helping either

"Cheap plastic phones" ... from an Android user? hahahahahahaha

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 05:21 PM
    Because apps. Because perception of BlackBerry. Because lack of advertising. Because lack of support by the US. Because of some sort of conspiracy. Just because.

Posted via CB10
    Lack of support from bbry trumps lack of support from any carrier period
    Bbry is the lowest on customer satisfaction
    Not to mention they are the only ones who don't directly support the customers unless you paid them
    How can you honestly buy something that you cannot get direct help with? If something goes wrong
    Unless you are a celebrity

Any phone manufacturer has direct support except for bbry which is where bbry makes their money
    Don't you think customer satisfaction is important?
    They have billions in written down unsold and returned inventory
    Shouldn't that be a clue?
    Verizon ordered 1m z10 at the beginning of 2013 pretty sure that was a show of support

04-23-14 05:25 PM
    Apple sold 43.5 M phones in just last quarter. Why BB can't sell at least 4 M ???

Apple Beats Street Big Time in Q2 2014 Earnings | TechnoBuffalo
    My Grampa used to tell me "there's a sucker born everyday" apparently a lot were born in the last quarter. As long as people are comfortable being ripped off and soaked to no end then I'm sure Apple will be just fine. Fortunately, BlackBerry's future is not trying to compete against apple in the consumer space.

Posted via CB10
    Playbook007 likes this.
    04-23-14 05:28 PM
    Lack of support from bbry trumps lack of support from any carrier period
    Bbry is the lowest on customer satisfaction
    Not to mention they are the only ones who don't directly support the customers unless you paid them
    How can you honestly buy something that you cannot get direct help with? If something goes wrong
    Unless you are a celebrity

Any phone manufacturer has direct support except for bbry which is where bbry makes their money
    Don't you think customer satisfaction is important?
    They have billions in written down unsold and returned inventory
    Shouldn't that be a clue?
    Verizon ordered 1m z10 at the beginning of 2013 pretty sure that was a show of support

I don't have Samsung, LG, HTC, store in my town, where should I go for service ????
    04-23-14 05:30 PM
    My Grampa used to tell me "there's a sucker born everyday" apparently a lot were born in the last quarter. As long as people are comfortable being ripped off and soaked to no end then I'm sure Apple will be just fine. Fortunately, BlackBerry's future is not trying to compete against apple in the consumer space.

Posted via CB10
    Yes...all those ripped off happy customers
    04-23-14 05:31 PM
    "Cheap plastic phones" ... from an Android user? hahahahahahaha

Posted via CB10
    Why what is wrong with using Android
    Pretty sure there are premium phones
    Let's see alumnium phones teflar phones leather phones

Gorilla glass vs composite z10

2-8 core cpu s
    Actual good cameras
    1080p screens.
    Ability to run on less then 1 gig of memory just like ios unlike bb10
    Premium products vs overpriced bbry phones sorry just because they price it like a flagship doesn't Mean it's a premium phone

Oh wait upto date features like Panaromic cameras to smart glass

04-23-14 05:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't want them to sell 43 M , only numbers that convince me that I will have Z50 in 2014
    pbeasley likes this.
    04-23-14 05:33 PM
    Well here in Canada, you can get a Q5 for $150, a Z10 sometimes as low as $200 while an iPhone 5S starts at over $700 and doesn't support HDMI nor a SD Card and requires numerous charging intervals through a ridiculously expensive charging cord. A previous post indicated that they were similarly priced, but this is not so, at least in Canada.

It can't be a hardware issue, so perhaps it is a perceived lack of apps or just reputation/marketing which allows Apple to command a premium.

To answer the OP's question, I just don't know why Blackberry can't sell more phones.
    04-23-14 05:37 PM
    As I've said many times, the problem isn't the phone: the OS, while it has some problems, is decently competitive on the consumer market, and the hardware is sufficient, though certainly not cutting-edge.

The problem is that people aren't just buying phones, they're buying into a platform and ecosystem. Judging just on the phones themselves, BB is a little behind in many areas, but ahead in a couple, but when the camera pulls back and looks at the platform as a whole, BB's platform is miniscule and weak.

iOS has iTunes for media, the App Store chock full of quality apps (many that don't exist on any other platform, even Android), gets most apps first, has a suite of cloud services that are highly integrated, and has a range of market-leading devices, from phones to tablets to laptops to desktops, plus a number of accessories. The brand itself is a premium brand, is backed by the wealthiest company in Tech, and Apple ads are top-notch.

Android has over a hundred OEMs, making devices to fit any need and price-point (phones, tablets, wearables, car stereos, etc.), has the biggest app store, a good and constantly improving media market, has some of the best cloud-services available anywhere (tightly integrated), is backed by a huge company that invests billions in innovations both near and far-term, and is even open-source, allowing an unprecedented level of customization for those who desire it. Android OEMs spend tens of billions to advertise the devices which all drive users and traffic to the Android platform, in addition to Google's minimal but excellent efforts on its own behalf.

Windows Phone is running an OS that is moving closer and closer to being the same across PCs, tablets, phones, and other devices (including XBox), and whose app stores are starting to be integrated, has Microsoft Office (the #1 app suite for business), a range of cloud services, and is also backed by a huge, wealthy company.

BB is largely seen as a company in decline (if not gone already), who had a failed launch of their new platform, which has lost the company billions of dollars and tens of millions of users, and further damaged the brand, which the company foolishly adopted the name of the entire company. The phones themselves only recently became competitive, a year after launch, with the 10.2 release, but the ecosystem is weak with no 1st Party cloud services, few native apps (many of which are feature-incomplete and have a low priority for updates compared to other platforms), weak media support, and is limited device-wise to a handful of phones only. The company is small, in financial trouble, has effectively ceded the consumer market entirely (few carrier stores actually stock the phones anymore) and placed its hopes on a longshot (enterprise & emerging markets), and has a history of making some of the most puzzling and ineffective ads in all of Tech.

That's what the consumer market sees. If CB users divorced their emotions and looked at the situation dispassionately, they'd see the same thing, and it would be easy to understand the consumer market's perception of BB's platform. And these days, for most consumers, the device itself is not nearly enough, as it is merely a window into a platform. Aside from the platform's offerings, all devices to the basics: phone, text, and email communications, so those are no longer factors of differentiation to most people.
    neo158, skibnik, 21stNow and 29 others like this.
    04-23-14 05:38 PM
    I don't have Samsung, LG, HTC, store in my town, where should I go for service ????
    You call the 1800 number in manual Really this is with every phone except for bbry its a normal thing

HTC and samsung has direct support via your phone via th3 support app or your manual if your phone doesn't work there is something that bbry just introduced but who knows

You goto your carrier it gets replaced in days
    They have direct support at the carriers even I can call in on my phone and get support with my s4

04-23-14 05:38 PM
    You call the 1800 number in manual Really this is with every phone except for bbry its a normal thing

HTC and samsung has direct support via your phone via th3 support app or your manual if your phone doesn't work there is something that bbry just introduced but who knows

You goto your carrier it gets replaced in days
    They have direct support at the carriers even I can call in on my phone and get support with my s4

Please do some research, my BB torch camera failed in 2011 called Rogers and they send me new torch with return box to send back old no question asked. is this call lake of customer support ??
    04-23-14 05:44 PM
    Please do some research, my BB torch camera failed in 2011 called Rogers and they send me new torch with return box to send back old no question asked. is this call lake of customer support ??
    That would be rogers not bbry as you had called Rogers not bbry
    I called bbry support before have you? Guess what they told me about a roller ball repair
    Find a 3rd party repair person because we will charge you 100 dollars and guess what I paid for that call with my credit card because I didn't go thru my carrier because I didn't buy from a carrier

They will redirect you to the carrier unless you were escalated by a carrier or you pay their fee
    You can search forums about bbry's support policy
    Even google customer support ranking bbry ain't very high

And yes rogers will replace your phone within a certain period within 90 days as required by law you also have a 1 year warranty with any phone bought new after 90 days it is handled though manufacturer or the carrier will do it for you on your behalf but unlike bbry you don't have to go thru the carrier

I have warrantied devices before

Direct from the manufacturer
    Samsung to sony to ms xbox
    Guess who I call for support the manufacturer

you cannot call bbry directly without a credit card you can read it on bbry's website or even when you call them that's the first msg you hear about about the service charge

They provide free email support
    But like most people people prefer human voice and interaction
    Nowadays you must buy a service plan after 90 days either from the manufacturer or the carrier
    Manufacturer is usually better because they usually will replace it instantly or pre ship all though carrier plan will allow replacement in days or repairs

Last edited by Phi Nguyen; 04-23-14 at 06:03 PM.
    madman0141 and tangozulu like this.
    04-23-14 05:49 PM
413 123 ...