Has anyone been using their blackberry as a phone only? Whew! my phone bill is getting outrageous. So if you had to drop one thing from your phone what would it be? di
    06-14-08 09:39 AM
    I don't know I am pretty addicted, I think I would do with out something else other than my BB.
    06-14-08 09:43 AM
    your carrier! i honestly could not drop anything cause it's kind of equal when it comes to data and voice usage. so that'd be a hard question. but if i absolutely had to drop something it would be voice. have you checked on other plans? im not familiar with ATT's plans, but i've heard that the reason their devices are so cheap is because they stick you in the data area. is this true?
    06-14-08 09:43 AM
    Given the choice, I'd drop the bill but that prob'ly won't happen.

I have a Pearl that I use for trips when I visit my damily in the UK and it just has a Pay-As-You-Go SIM card. It has no internet access, data plan or email. It's just a phone. I use it so that I have a common user interface with my main phone - the Curve.

As a phone, the Pearl works just fine. It can also send and receive SMS messages and probably MMS too but I've never tried.

Mind you, I always have the Curve and its fully loaded data plan with me too.
    06-14-08 10:19 AM
    I understand how you feel but I could not drop anything. Cut back on your fuel consumption and that should make up for it on you Berry.
    06-14-08 10:42 AM
    If anything I would cut down my voice minutes from 800 to 400 or something. I dont know if I would want to drop anything from data though.
    06-14-08 10:47 AM
    Sprint's plans were so much cheaper than VZW's that despite the occasional spotty coverage I'm saving close to $50 a month with unlimited data and 500 shared phone minutes... I'd switch carriers before giving up my blackberry- I'm hooked :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-08 10:51 AM
    As long as I keep unlimited data and unlimited texting, I'm happy.
    06-14-08 11:26 AM
    Has anyone been using their blackberry as a phone only? Whew! my phone bill is getting outrageous. So if you had to drop one thing from your phone what would it be? di
    Data, since that is the biggest discretionary part of my bill.
    It's not like I'd stop getting my mail or would never be able
    to get on the internet. I'd just have to do it "the hard way"
    06-14-08 11:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD