Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Like Tree134Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Sidehtch View Post
    Ready for BB to simply go under so my company will provide me with a real smart phone...
    You are ready for the entire BlackBerry company to go under, just so your company can provide you with a different phone? That's about as shallow as I've ever heard.
    BlackBerry... Researched and In Motion
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Quote Originally Posted by terminatorx View Post
    You are ready for the entire BlackBerry company to go under, just so your company can provide you with a different phone? That's about as shallow as I've ever heard.
    Its pretty pathetic for sure haha...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    gfondeur likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by BBPandy View Post
    My family use to be a BlackBerry Family. We all had BlackBerry's and life was great.

Then younger sister started looking at iPhones. It wasn't that she liked them more, it was that all her friends had iPhones & so she wanted one. So she got an iPhone 5 followed by an iPhone 5s and talks about how much better they are then BlackBerrys (she doesn't seem to care that comparing a 5s with a 9780 is not a fair comparison)

Meanwhile my older sister's Storm finally died. I had been trying to get her to upgrade it for years but she loved her storm (it wasn't even a storm 2) Her boyfriend (now her fianc&#2013265929 is a big Android fan and so she got a Samsung Galaxy. Her son's have since gotten Samsung tablets to replace their PlayBooks, making them a Samsung family. For Christmas I got her a BlackBerry Mini-stareo speaker. She loves it and has been using it constantly all week. BUT, despite loving the speakers, I have noticed that she has been trying to hide that they are made by BlackBerry.

Both sisters are former BlackBerry users, but now are seemingly embarrassed to be associated with the brand. My iPhone loving sister refuses to even run BBM on her phone because it's BlackBerry (this is a bit annoying because our family has a BBM Group that we often use to communicate with and now we have a missing member)

I see this problem wherever I go. These days (at least in Canada & the US) when people see you are on a BlackBerry they make fun of you. I have even had a girl (who was using an old feature phone that can only make calls & send txt msgs) make fun of my BlackBerry & claim that my Q10 isn't a "smartphone"! I have no idea how BlackBerry is going to fix this problem of public perception, but it's a HUGE problem and they need to find a way to fix it ASAP.

Rant Over

PS
    Both my Parents are still huge BlackBerry fans and plan on replacing their 9900s with Q30's (or whatever windermere will be called) when they come out.

Posted via CB10
    Most of my friends are the same. "Download BBM" I say,
    "Why"
    "Why not it's the best, multiple apps in one, why waste time going from app to app such as voxer, text, calls Whatsapp, imessenger. It's all in bbm

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Notcho View Post
    It's all in bbm
    As long as everyone THEY want to communicate with also has BBM installed and active. Therein lies the problem. Whatsapp and Hangouts offer the same or better functionality than xBBM currently does and they have larger user bases. Texting can reach everyone. I use xBBM to communicate with BlackBerry users who are missing out on Hangouts, but I'm not seeing what currently makes xBBM better than the alternatives.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using CB Forums mobile app
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    2,726 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sidehtch View Post
    What is it that keeps you using the Blackberry? The lack of applications? The lack of accessories availability? The higher priced accessories? I have been with Blackberry for 7 years (my company still provides this brand, but are finally slowly moving to iOS and android, thankfully). My previous phone (I will not call it a smart phone) was the Torch. Lets see, pull the battery daily because the phone would lock up. Painfully slown internet, which is why I would use my iPhone for any web work. I finally received the Z10 hoping there would be improvement. Well, there was improvement in web performance, but blackberry still lacks app choices. Even the simplest NFL mobile app, which seems to be available, does not work. Tired of the tiny app store and lack of choices. Ready for BB to simply go under so my company will provide me with a real smart phone...
    The phone locking up, that happens with all kinds of phones. At least you can pull the battery with BB, I can't on my Nexus 5. The problem is the slow release of the updates or lack of ota updates because OS10.2 can use the Android apps and there's at least a million of them by now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    At least you can pull the battery with BB, I can't on my Nexus 5.
    You've wanted to do a battery pull on your Nexus 5? I've read that you can do the equivalent by holding in the power button for 10+ seconds, but I, nor anyone else I know of with a mid-high end android phone, has ever had to do a forced reset (though I've had a few automatic restarts over the years). I know of some BlackBerry users very accustomed to battery pulls though.

TgeekB likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    2,726 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mornhavon View Post
    You've wanted to do a battery pull on your Nexus 5? I've read that you can do the equivalent by holding in the power button for 10+ seconds, but I, nor anyone else I know of with a mid-high end android phone, has ever had to do a forced reset (though I've had a few automatic restarts over the years). I know of some BlackBerry users very accustomed to battery pulls though.

I've actually never pulled the battery out of any of my phones for tech support reasons even when I probably should have. No, the Nexus hasn't needed it, but it did act a bit strange in the days after I first used a USB OTG device; I'm hoping it's recovered (knock wood).

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,399 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #108  

Battery pulls are a BBOS thing. It's not really needed on BB10. I got my Q10 the day they were released and I have only had to do 1 battery pull after my one & only BB10 crash. And even then, I don't think I had to do it. I forgot about the reset button, and went straight to battery pull out of BBOS habit.

Posted via CB10

Proud Owner of a BlackBerry Q10

Thanked by:
    mrsmumbles (01-04-2014) 
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    2,726 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BBPandy View Post
    Battery pulls are a BBOS thing. It's not really needed on BB10. I got my Q10 the day they were released and I have only had to do 1 battery pull after my one & only BB10 crash. And even then, I don't think I had to do it. I forgot about the reset button, and went straight to battery pull out of BBOS habit.

Posted via CB10
    Apparently it's a big Android thing too, though I guess with phones where it can't be done, we just hold the power button until the phone shuts down. That's all I've ever done when my phones get very strange.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    2,726 Global Posts

I'm looking forward to getting a Z10 when I can, it has some features I'd like a lot, such as touch to wake (I think), and maybe a better music listening experience (though I'm not sure until I can play with one). My friend got one recently, so I read some reviews and I'm very intrigued and taken with the OS and its features.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    I'm looking forward to getting a Z10 when I can, it has some features I'd like a lot, such as touch to wake (I think), and maybe a better music listening experience (though I'm not sure until I can play with one). My friend got one recently, so I read some reviews and I'm very intrigued and taken with the OS and its features.

Z30 speakers are great. Not so much for Z10. To wake the phone its just a swipe up from bottom bezel like PlayBook.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    Thanked by:
    mrsmumbles (01-04-2014) 
    mrsmumbles likes this.

Battery pulls to reset the phone is such a archaic method. More likely to damage the phone...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    Thanked by:
    mrsmumbles (01-04-2014) 
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by Morty2264 View Post
    Hello. You are certainly allowed to discuss your dislike for BlackBerry on this forum site. I understand your qualms and sympathize with you. I'm sorry your Torch caused you a lot of problems. But, with all due respect, wishing and hoping for BlackBerry to fail is something with which I do not agree. Having attended university in Waterloo and having a connection to the city, to have BlackBerry/RIM fall out is disaster for the people who work there; who will be without jobs because of it. Unemployment is nothing to wish upon anyone. Perhaps that's not what you intended to say, but it's still nothing anyone affiliated with any company deserves; no matter how much you dislike your/their product(s). Just don't buy it if you do not wish to support the company. But please, do not root for its demise.

I am not trying to pick a fight with you. I'm just saying that you're certainly entitled to dislike this product if you want - obviously. But wishing the company to go under is kind of harsh; especially since many make their livelihoods via that company; or having that company on their resume enabled them to get other jobs within their line of work.

Posted via CB10
    I have a friend in Canada and I know exactly what u mean. It is also nice to have more options and variety as users. Our family has used Apple, currently BlackBerry and Android. We have Windows and Ubuntu on our laptops. Every ecosystem has its pros and cons.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    Laura Knotek and mornhavon like this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    2,726 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MMB916 View Post
    Yap, just checked it out. Navilyn is correct. Details in Outlook in a contact is then picked up on a sync.

YAH!!
    That sounds great. I'm not familiar with any bb products yet. I only saw the Z10 in person very briefly recently. :-)

Oops, Tapatalk error. I actually quoted Dave Bourque on the swipe up from the bezel and the Z30 speakers.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2
    Banned

We are one of a kind... I love my BlackBerry.
    Morty2264 and mrsmumbles like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by vtpmt81 View Post
    You feel uncomfortable around a phone? That is a bit strange.

People carry all different types of phones at my office from BlackBerry QWERTYs, iPhones, Samsung Galaxy Phones, HTC smartphones, etc. Never once has anyone made fun of someone else's choice in the phone they use. I guess we just have other things to talk about.
    I thought the whole point of this thread was to point out biases people have against using Blackberry. You might be around very mature and unbiased people but that's not the case with the majority of people, especially off work. People have biases and there are many articles bashing Blackberry. Heck, I have even read articles where marketing people avoid carrying Blackberry because it effects their image. For me, I like BB10 and would gladly use my Blackberry anywhere with pride, no matter what morons say. In fact I like supporting under dogs, like Blackberry and Windows 8 phone and totally despise over hyped products living beyond their expiry dates, aka iPhones.
    CrackBerry Addict

I'll be honest, I didn't read this entire thread. I'm not saying that the OP has this problem, but I have noticed a lot of this going on around the forums for some time. If you own a BlackBerry, you need to be able to stand by your decision. It has nothing to do with the device, it's the person that is using it. I love picking on non BlackBerry users because I'm a tech guy. I know just about everything about every phone that's out there. I don't hate Android. I don't hate Apple. I choose to use my Q10 because it suits my needs better than anything else. I admit, I've gotten embarrassed about it, but that's only when I'm not able to be vocal. If a discussion breaks out, I'll get everyone's respect every single time. I'll even have some people jealous about my phone.

Put your foot down. There's no need to get into an argument about which phone offers the best features. You own your phone because it works the best with your lifestyle, not because it's the cool thing to do. That right there demands respect because it says you've considered other options and found them inferior. Besides, iPhone users are easy targets
    Morty2264 likes this.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345