Z30 uses its latest tech. I'm not sure about the others.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    Only the Z30.
    01-02-14 05:47 PM
    Yeah - I want those Z30 internals in my Z10. Lets hope that FoxConn allows them to make lower volume phones in shorter cycles so they can stay ahead of the curve for the less price sensitive business segment.
    gfondeur likes this.
    01-02-14 06:35 PM
    My sister recently received the gold 5s from her husband. It was the first time in my life that I actually had phone envy! Then I actually picked it up and used it. It's a nice design over all but feels too light in my hands + the back of the IPhone is too slippery as I almost dropped it a few times. I did notice that IOS 7 has implemented swipe gestures now which is nice to see but it still bothered me how many times I had to use the back button to exit or change apps and the keyboard is also not the greatest I guess after being spoiled by BlackBerry with their great all touch keyboard you can forgive me for being a tad bias on this issue lol. Lastly it also seems in my opinion too small if the IPhone was the same size as my Zed and apple developed a better keyboard I would seriously consider switching.

Z10 Running 10.2.1.1925 Take that Mr App Gap!
    01-02-14 07:11 PM
    Almost forgot the new fingerprint reader seems to work only 50% of the time for my sister as well so Apple needs to work on that as well

Z10 Running 10.2.1.1925 Take that Mr App Gap!
    01-02-14 07:13 PM
    BB should have a better camera. That's a BIG deal now. (as far as I'm concerned, the app gap is 95% covered).
    01-02-14 07:45 PM
    Does the Z10 use the paratek? If so, my 5S has better signal strength and reception. I also pick up LTE is more places. I think only the Q10 and Z30 has it so far though if I'm not mistaken.
    Unfortunately only the Z30 has the Paratek antenna

There are definitely other areas where the iPhone 5s beats the Z30 like camera and screen quality.
    Better camera yes, better screen quality? Not so sure about that....

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 08:01 PM
    A person has the right to choose whichever phone he/she wants, however the decision is made. There seems to be more pressure coming from the family rather than the friends that are mentioned. There's nothing wrong with someone looking at a phone that a friend owns, deciding that is nice and wanting to get that same phone when it is time for an upgrade.

Why is it that if someone follows your suggestion to get a BlackBerry, he/she is getting a great device but if the same person follows a different suggestion from his/her friends, that person is easily influenced/a sheep/has low self-esteem?
    I think you missed the entire point of the post.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 08:07 PM
    I think you missed the entire point of the post.

Posted via CB10
    No, I read it as the OP wouldn't have had a problem with the sisters if they chose BlackBerry devices because that is what the family has always done. But because they "were influenced" by friends/other relatives who preferred different devices, that peer pressure was a bad thing. It comes across as peer pressure is good when the OP is the one that pressures and succeeds, but bad when someone else pressures and succeeds.
    01-02-14 08:20 PM
    I got my Z30 last week. My goal is to convert my company. I kid you not. It's all here. I'll let you al know how it goes.

It's like walking around with my computer in my pocket.

Now why can't BB promotion come up with something like that?
    01-02-14 09:15 PM
    These stories are funny to me because outside of anecdotes on these forums, you'd be hard pressed to find them IRL. I mean, some people may remark about your phone, but it doesn't happen much more than the occasional chide to the iPhone user about being sheep or overpaying for their device. It certainly isn't enough to qualify as "peer pressure". Outside of tech blogs and forums, no one really cares what phone you use.
    Essentially, yes, people do not care what phone you use. The same way you walk into a country club and you're wearing Lugz instead of your Lacoste whitey shoes - Yes, they'll judge, but sooner or later it'll fade. Slowly at least.

I've had my fair share of hate as well. I got one of my friends to try out the Z10 and I didn't pressure him. I told him there were some shortcomings and just last week he got a shiny new gold iphone 5s. Why? Because he was tired of feeling "behind" the pack so to speak. His apps weren't there. His phone would heat up and he has other things to worry about then the unreliability of a phone. So frankly - this hatred and peer pressure does infact exist and not because of how OP exactly put it but because

Blackberry hasn't improved anything for anyone except the loyal fans that remain.
    01-02-14 10:23 PM
    No, I read it as the OP wouldn't have had a problem with the sisters if they chose BlackBerry devices because that is what the family has always done. But because they "were influenced" by friends/other relatives who preferred different devices, that peer pressure was a bad thing. It comes across as peer pressure is good when the OP is the one that pressures and succeeds, but bad when someone else pressures and succeeds.
    ....Trendy phone ownership was always about peer pressure for most. Whatever is the 'in-thing' is what will be deemed as good no matter how good BB10 is at doing most things. And nothing is wrong if the OP being a BB fan, wishing HIS family would share in the love and its natural to feel the way he does if they dont (some of us couldnt care less)...To ridicule the OP because he posted what he did is being a bit judgmental which means that I can do the same thing to you and suggest that you only have a problem because you support a different platform....see how that works?
    01-02-14 11:43 PM
    What a sad story. I dont like it.
    01-02-14 11:55 PM
    I go to war with my iClan of friends alot, they have this perception that if you buy an iPhone your life will improve tremendously and you'll achieve nirvana, trust me, they revere apple. But the blackberry 10 OS to me is just way better, look at that glorious hub, n the swipe n gesture based access is so fluid and futuristic, it's like being in an iron man movie r sumn. As in, it feels modern n progressive, I actually feel like I have a smartphone in my hands. Android just looks generic and plain :/ so it's a no brainer to ms

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-03-14 01:41 AM
    Come on guys, OP only shared about her sisters' embarrassment being associated with BlackBerry. From his tone, he's pretty neutral with them using iphone or Android. And annoyed that one sister refusing to download and join the family's group, which I think is pretty normal reaction by OP.

I myself also had people baffled at me for having a Z10 along with my wife's white Z10. Why pay for a lame OS. Why buy from a bankrupt company. Stuff like that. I usually just dismiss their claims and explain a bit, and life goes on. But even so, I've started seeing some Z10s and Q10s out there. I suddenly find out some friends are using Q10s, random strangers with Z10s. No Z30 or Q5 spotted yet. I don't go out of my way convincing people when they're happy with their phones, unless if they're thinking about changing/buying a new phone.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    01-03-14 03:18 AM
    "It.does.not.compare.
    enjoy.your.device.I.won't.trade.mine.
    don't.call.me.when.all.is.messed.up"

My mantra for the last 2 years.
    Many sniles.
    Many "you don't know what you're talking about".
    Some "fair enough, I'll take that".

... but now, more and more do call me about privacy/security.
    Spinning wheel.
    On a global and average user perspective, every smartphone on the market is equivalent .
    They all offer 99% of the features Joe's use.

Today's differentiators are : build quality and brand perception (<= see what I mean here).

I believe conjunction of praise of BBM in the "social sphere" and security concerns may help. A LOT.
    Puzzle assembling took a while and BlackBerry needs to prove their logo sparkles again.
    Start here (I mean: they need to tell and demonstrate now. Time for a logo change ?):
    BlackBerry, Peer-Pressure, and my Sisters-bbsafebbm.png
    (edit : !of course nothing like this ugly sample !)
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-03-14 at 04:49 AM.
    gfondeur likes this.
    01-03-14 03:27 AM
    Come on guys, OP only shared about her sisters' embarrassment being associated with BlackBerry. From his tone, he's pretty neutral with them using iphone or Android. And annoyed that one sister refusing to download and join the family's group, which I think is pretty normal reaction by OP.
    Thanks that's exactly it (except I'm a He )

What I find even more funny about this is that while my Samsung sister LOVES her phone, my iPhone sister doesn't really like her iPhone. She has gone through like 3 iPhones because they broke, and she is annoyed that she can't message her husband anymore because his locked down BES BlackBerry only allows for BBM; no whatsapp ect. allowed. BUT instead of installing BBM on her iPhone, he now carries an iPhone around with him, along with his work Berry. So she uses a phone she doesn't like, and he carries a 2nd phone around with him, all because they want to "be cool"

Posted via CB10
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    01-03-14 08:23 AM
    I got my Z30 last week. My goal is to convert my company. I kid you not. It's all here. I'll let you al know how it goes.

It's like walking around with my computer in my pocket.

Now why can't BB promotion come up with something like that?
    Here's there catch line: It's like Windows 7 on a phone, but more stable.

Also to me..and this is just my opinion...iphones look like Sardine cans.
    01-03-14 08:32 AM
    What is it that keeps you using the Blackberry? The lack of applications? The lack of accessories availability? The higher priced accessories? I have been with Blackberry for 7 years (my company still provides this brand, but are finally slowly moving to iOS and android, thankfully). My previous phone (I will not call it a smart phone) was the Torch. Lets see, pull the battery daily because the phone would lock up. Painfully slown internet, which is why I would use my iPhone for any web work. I finally received the Z10 hoping there would be improvement. Well, there was improvement in web performance, but blackberry still lacks app choices. Even the simplest NFL mobile app, which seems to be available, does not work. Tired of the tiny app store and lack of choices. Ready for BB to simply go under so my company will provide me with a real smart phone...
    01-03-14 09:59 AM
    Thanks that's exactly it (except I'm a He )
    Posted via CB10
    Ah sorry about that. You can actually see that i wrote "he" and "his" consistently. I wouldn't have noticed i wrote "her sister" if you hadn't pointed it out.
    01-03-14 11:17 AM
    What is it that keeps you using the Blackberry? The lack of applications? The lack of accessories availability? The higher priced accessories? I have been with Blackberry for 7 years (my company still provides this brand, but are finally slowly moving to iOS and android, thankfully). My previous phone (I will not call it a smart phone) was the Torch. Lets see, pull the battery daily because the phone would lock up. Painfully slown internet, which is why I would use my iPhone for any web work. I finally received the Z10 hoping there would be improvement. Well, there was improvement in web performance, but blackberry still lacks app choices. Even the simplest NFL mobile app, which seems to be available, does not work. Tired of the tiny app store and lack of choices. Ready for BB to simply go under so my company will provide me with a real smart phone...
    Hello. You are certainly allowed to discuss your dislike for BlackBerry on this forum site. I understand your qualms and sympathize with you. I'm sorry your Torch caused you a lot of problems. But, with all due respect, wishing and hoping for BlackBerry to fail is something with which I do not agree. Having attended university in Waterloo and having a connection to the city, to have BlackBerry/RIM fall out is disaster for the people who work there; who will be without jobs because of it. Unemployment is nothing to wish upon anyone. Perhaps that's not what you intended to say, but it's still nothing anyone affiliated with any company deserves; no matter how much you dislike your/their product(s). Just don't buy it if you do not wish to support the company. But please, do not root for its demise.

I am not trying to pick a fight with you. I'm just saying that you're certainly entitled to dislike this product if you want - obviously. But wishing the company to go under is kind of harsh; especially since many make their livelihoods via that company; or having that company on their resume enabled them to get other jobs within their line of work.

Posted via CB10
    Always smiling likes this.
    01-03-14 11:27 AM
    Everybody I have shown my Z10 has been amazed with the OS, the problem is that they are more or less locked up in an app eco system elsewhere. But I think it is changing slowly, seen a lot of white Q10 lately.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-03-14 11:36 AM
    Everybody I have shown my Z10 has been amazed with the OS, the problem is that they are more or less locked up in an app eco system elsewhere. But I think it is changing slowly, seen a lot of white Q10 lately.
    Wait a little for the Z30 under 10.2.1.xxx ... let's be patient; we've been already - more than desired - I know. But the payback is on its way.
    When I demo my Z30, usually people do not notice the BlackBerry logo at the bottom. And when they do, they more likely go "woooaaat ? this is a BlackBerry, how's that I didn't know it even exists ?" and ask me about features and capabilities.

On the "app gap" front, I decided I won't argue anymore. Don't even mention APKs install (I'm on 10.2.1) ; just ask : "what apps are you using, for REAL ?". 95% are in BBWorld.
    P.S: I'm in Europe (FR).
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    01-03-14 12:10 PM
    Wait a little for the Z30 under 10.2.1.xxx ... let's be patient; we've been already - more than desired - I know. But the payback is on its way.
    When I demo my Z30, usually people do not notice the BlackBerry logo at the bottom. And when they do, they more likely go "woooaaat ? this is a BlackBerry, how's that I didn't know it even exists ?" and ask me about features and capabilities.

On the "app gap" front, I decided I won't argue anymore. Don't even mention APKs install (I'm on 10.2.1) ; just ask : "what apps are you using, for REAL ?". 95% are in BBWorld.
    P.S: I'm in Europe (FR).
    Comment allez vos?
    I am yearning for the Z30 too, in white. And are waiting unpatiently for its arrival to Norway.
    01-03-14 12:27 PM
    The trick is to show off features that she couldn't possibly do on her iPhone.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    Exactly

Posted via CB10 with my crazy beautiful Q10
    01-03-14 01:24 PM
    I have a problem with what you said when it's not entirely true. The NFL mobile app isn't working because of the developer not BlackBerry. The lack of apps is due to many factors such as companies that just will not develop for BlackBerry, development costs are too high (bull**** because android runtime can be used as the cheap patch and upgrade to native later), they believe not enough people are using BB10 to warrant a app, and lastly BlackBerry doesn't have money to throw at companies to get their apps here.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-03-14 01:34 PM
117 ... 2345