Don't fret. I have seen plenty of movement away from iPhones. And my friends complain about their Samsung as equally. In the end, it is just a phone. People who identify their self worth with material things have other issues and u should not be concerned with them. I would love that BlackBerry mini speaker as a gift! My daughter has a Samsung tablet and wants a Z10 for her next phone. And she doesn't have high regard for her iPhone carrying friends because she knows it is peer pressure.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    Maybe the OP can buy you the speaker! Must have lots of cash

? via CB10 app on my BlackBerry Q10?
    01-02-14 07:55 AM
    I too see folks give me the "wow, you still use a blackberry". I just don't need a ton of apps, the apps I do need are there.

What I do need however, IS FOR ATT TO GET ON THE GOOD FOOT, LET THE CLUTCH OUT, PULL THE TRIGGER,ETC... And make the Z30 available ASAP. I cannot justify the expense of an unlocked z30.
    01-02-14 09:32 AM
    I loved my Z10. When it died I was pretty angry, lol. I've since ordered a Z30 and am awaiting the glorious device to come to my house. In the meantime, when I tell the story, more than half the people I tell get caught on the fact that I have a BlackBerry and it died. I get sarcastic comments like "Oh your BlackBerry died eh?" and "figures". I have to disclaim my story with the fact that what happened to my phone is a one off issue. EVERY company has Lemons. IIRC Apple and their precious iPhones had major main-board issues in the 4 and 4s.

It's certainly harder when it's in the family, but I no longer feel the need to justify my choice of smartphone to anyone. I'm getting a Z30 because it's the phone that I want. It will meet my needs and then some, and that's nobody else's business.
    KemKev, Morty2264 and gfondeur like this.
    01-02-14 09:37 AM

<snip>

It's certainly harder when it's in the family, but I no longer feel the need to justify my choice of smartphone to anyone. I'm getting a Z30 because it's the phone that I want. It will meet my needs and then some, and that's nobody else's business.
    More power to you
    Morty2264 likes this.
    01-02-14 10:56 AM
    There are definitely other areas where the iPhone 5s beats the Z30 like camera and screen quality.
    Right. But Z30 is the better phone

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-02-14 11:16 AM
    Right. But Z30 is the better phone

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    Yes, you can make longer phone calls because of the bigger battery.
    01-02-14 11:21 AM
    Yes, you can make longer phone calls because of the bigger battery.
    And paratek gives stronger signals.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-02-14 11:31 AM
    It is brutal. I believe one of BlackBerry's biggest errors was either they were unaware or they underestimated the hatred/embarrassment for the brand. I too have no clue how they overcome it in North America. Now people won't even give the great OS a chance. QNX really needs to do something that no other platform can do and be demonstrated in a 30 second commercial. Maybe the TAT team can develop an app that can read your pet's thoughts and translates them on your BlackBerry. :P Ridiculous I know, but They almost need something that ridiculous to get back into the consumer game.

Posted Via CB10 via Z10 via BB10
    Agreed. There needs to be turn around idea for this problem of perception.
    No press is better than bad press.

Sent from the phone of the gods.....Z30
    01-02-14 11:37 AM
    And paratek gives stronger signals.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    Does the Z10 use the paratek? If so, my 5S has better signal strength and reception. I also pick up LTE is more places. I think only the Q10 and Z30 has it so far though if I'm not mistaken.
    01-02-14 11:41 AM
    When d-bags are still writing articles like this: http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_te..._not_dead.html

What do you expect people to think? They don't know that BB10 OS is many of the things people look for in a mobile OS.

BB needs an ellen feis.
    01-02-14 12:10 PM
    I want to build off of that thought .... Get the 10.2.1 out there. Absolutely, have plan with carriers to get 10.2.1 out their all bb10 devices simultaneously. Will it cost $$$ for BB to strike this accord with the carriers ...you bet. So do this in a coordinated manner, 1) pay key developers to have anchor applications developed, BB pay whatever the cost is, 2) strike agreement with carriers for simultaneous OTA upgrade to 10.2.1 to all bb10 devices, whatever cost is, 3) robust advertising campaign Differentiating the brand with an I dare you to try it campaign ..like the old William Conrad dyracell commercial., and 4) back it up with a 60 day use guarantee agreement that you can return to carrier for no cost return. Will all this cost $$$$, you bet.
    Reed Richards likes this.
    01-02-14 12:18 PM
    A person has the right to choose whichever phone he/she wants, however the decision is made. There seems to be more pressure coming from the family rather than the friends that are mentioned. There's nothing wrong with someone looking at a phone that a friend owns, deciding that is nice and wanting to get that same phone when it is time for an upgrade.

Why is it that if someone follows your suggestion to get a BlackBerry, he/she is getting a great device but if the same person follows a different suggestion from his/her friends, that person is easily influenced/a sheep/has low self-esteem?
    avt123, gogurt48 and bbq10l like this.
    01-02-14 12:55 PM
    Our New Year's Eve get together with friends turned out to be an all BlackBerry affair. Out of the six of us at the party there were three Z10s, one Q10, and a Curve (and one luddite without a phone .)

It's too bad we didn't have a couple of our iPhone friends there because peer pressure can work the other way too.

Z10 STL100-3 |10.2.1.1925 | Bell | posted via CB10
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    01-02-14 12:56 PM
    Our New Year's Eve get together with friends turned out to be an all BlackBerry affair. Out of the six of us at the party there were three Z10s, one Q10, and a Curve (and one luddite without a phone .)

It's too bad we didn't have a couple of our iPhone friends there because peer pressure can work the other way too.

Z10 STL100-3 |10.2.1.1925 | Bell | posted via CB10
    We were tied amongst parents. If you rolled in the teenagers that were here with their parents and my teenagers, I believe we were still tied. Not one android device which is really hard to believe. The one difference, it was my z30 that was driving the entertainment. Z30 controls playbook tied to big screen and Denon Stereo system. Music videos and Kareoke combined with all night laughs was the happening!

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 01:26 PM
    Does the Z10 use the paratek? If so, my 5S has better signal strength and reception. I also pick up LTE is more places. I think only the Q10 and Z30 has it so far though if I'm not mistaken.
    Z30 uses its latest tech. I'm not sure about the others.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    avt123 likes this.
    01-02-14 01:33 PM
    well if you are a big boss yourself and someone makes fun of you because of your phone choice, then strike back at them for their low life choices. now if your friends are equally as boss, i dont think they care what phone you use or they have respect for themselves to be going out dissing other people's phone
    01-02-14 01:46 PM
    People should have confidence in themselves to ensure their choice is the right one.

Just changing ur smartphone preference coz of someone is cowardice.

Girls tend to love and give up with whats trending.

I had my z10 given away to a kid and had a choice to get a new phone. Its q10 now.

BlackBerry, Peer-Pressure, and my Sisters-img_00000002_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 likes this.
    01-02-14 02:17 PM
    My whole family is BB. We have a Group that we all belong to. It works great for us. I just upgraded my mom from the Z10 to the Z30 because she wanted a bigger screen for her ever worsening eyesight. My daughter is the only one in school who uses it. She likes being different.

I get chided for using a Blackberry Z10 - but the fact is, it works fantastic and when people see me use it, they understand. I am remarkably fast, and it is great for one handed use. However, most can not get away from the large investment they have already put into the i-ecosystem. I get that.

The real fact is, nearly every phone can do what is necessary. It is the personal fringe apps, that make a difference. (I am still waiting for Uber)

BB needs to create a real Product Strategy and slowly re-build its way back. It will happen over time if they can hold out long enough. Just like the Microsoft Surface. There are certainly communities (of very smart individuals - analytic data wonk types who swear by them) - and would never be caught dead with an ipad.

Lets face it, Apple won the Consumer entertainment market. It is unlikely anyone will unseat them for a while. BB needs to focus on a different segment and really go at it hard. I think that this it is the Business Executive market who value more than games, selfies, and social media. Of course BB has to do those things. But, it really needs to do something BETTER than Apple. I think that it has a chance in Communications and Communication efficiency. Where people's time is important. Not teen time - which is typically endlessly wasted.
    01-02-14 02:18 PM
    Smack them with a wet towel to make them come to their senses. Having said that, I think the day is not far when Apple will face the same stigma. I already feel uncomfortable around iPhones displayed in any shop, they just don't look that trendy anymore. I am generally ahead of normal crowd by about couple of years, so yeah we will see that happening in 2015.
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    01-02-14 03:53 PM
    The trick is to show off features that she couldn't possibly do on her iPhone.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    Go to Tim's and use your phone to buy her coffee!
    01-02-14 03:59 PM
    This girl had no interest in listening to reason. The worst part about it was that I had to put up with her & her constant snide remarks all night. (was out with friends & one of them brought her)
    I know the type of person you are referring to. But to better understand what's wrong in their head, imagine yourself making fun of someone all night because they were using an iPhone. Could you do that? I couldn't. Imaging myself doing it, I would have pity for the person receiving the insults and I can immediately see myself as being a jerk for that. That's why I wouldn't ever think to do such a childish thing. Even children wouldn't normally do this, unless they were purposely trying to be mean. Maybe this girl liked you, but that is still not the right approach and it makes the person very annoying.

Unfortunately with these sort of people, the only thing you can do is be tough and ignore them, try not to let it bother you.

Having said that, I live in Canada and have never been in a situation where someone mocked me for using a BlackBerry. Even when I have been in a place where I am the only person with one. I think we have more respect for the BlackBerry here, at least among young adults and older folks.

BlackBerry Messenger over BIS is *not* secure by modern standards. the key exchange is insecure (static keys even) and are common to every blackberry device in the world.
    Too bad there isn't a LOL button.
    Last edited by terminatorx; 01-02-14 at 05:08 PM.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    01-02-14 04:24 PM
    In response to the OP's post, I find it very upsetting the way people are disassociating themselves from BlackBerry (Yes, it's a free world and you can like whatever product you choose. Of course! But don't smash down others' choices and products just because you yourself don't like them.). When we were all little, there were "in" things to do. Now, it seems that the "in" thing is to have an iPhone. I'm getting kind of tired of all this. Didn't most of us graduate from high school years ago? LOL.

For instance, I love my Q10. I was debating whether or not to get a Z10 or Q10 when I had decided to upgrade my BlackBerry 9780 (ironic how that was the phone your sister had had and was the one she had compared with her iPhone 5/S. The 9780 is a great phone, of course, but it can't hold up against iOS7 (?), which is a generation or two better, comparably speaking. She'd be best to compare it to the Z10/30.) I was leaning towards the Z10, but I thought, "I want to get a phone that's unique to me. Everyone has touchscreen phones. I don't want to get a vritual keyboard phone just because everyone else is getting them. I want to be different." I like being different than the mainstream. Even now, I'm thinking of my next upgrade... And I was actually thinking about the HTC One, but I thought, "No, so many people have that. I want something different!" Some people like being like-minded and to "fit in" with the masses - that's cool, if that's what they want - but I'm just not like that.

People shouldn't make fun of us because we have BlackBerries. A sales rep laughed at my Q10 the other day. Infuriated me. I don't get why people have such disdain for them. Personally, I don't like iPhones. I just don't. But, I have friends who have them, and I looked at my close friend's iPhone 4, and thought, "Well, it's cool. It has some nice features. Awesome picture resolution (or whatever that's called). But it's still not the phone for me." But I don't laugh at him and call his phone stupid just because he owns a platform with which I don't identify myself. That's really high school.

Hopefully some people will just realize that a phone choice is an individual choice. No one will buy the exact same phone every time. Not everyone likes the same thing. Since when is being different a bad thing? When have we as a society really gotten so low-class as to make fun of someone just because of the phone they have? That's just ludicrous.
    01-02-14 05:06 PM
    There are definitely other areas where the iPhone 5s beats the Z30 like camera and screen quality.
    Yeah I am not sure about how fast the Z30 camera is. But when I set up my mother's iPhone 5C over Christmas I could not believe how much more quickly it is able to snap a photo than my Z10.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925
    01-02-14 05:13 PM
    What goes around comes around. Weren't IPhone users ridiculed by BB users when it debuted in 2007 and that ridicule started from the top management all way down to their users.
    bbq10l and Troy Tiscareno like this.
    01-02-14 05:22 PM
    Smack them with a wet towel to make them come to their senses. Having said that, I think the day is not far when Apple will face the same stigma. I already feel uncomfortable around iPhones displayed in any shop, they just don't look that trendy anymore. I am generally ahead of normal crowd by about couple of years, so yeah we will see that happening in 2015.
    You feel uncomfortable around a phone? That is a bit strange.

People carry all different types of phones at my office from BlackBerry QWERTYs, iPhones, Samsung Galaxy Phones, HTC smartphones, etc. Never once has anyone made fun of someone else's choice in the phone they use. I guess we just have other things to talk about.
    01-02-14 05:44 PM
117 12345