Hello fellow BB'ers iam very new to having a BBp and i am a problem solver not sure if this has been done or not but hey why not post it
    i got to thinking about how sweet it would be to have a color ball and heard about people coloring there led and thought to my self hmmmmm so here it goes total cost under ten bucks

all needed:
    Post it flags
    tweezers
    scissors

works best if you double them up

04-04-08 10:37 PM
    04-04-08 10:37 PM
    Pretty good idea! Tho, I don't think I'll be changing my ball color! I like the "Dirty white" I have Also did you get that wallpaper from my picks??
    04-04-08 10:48 PM
    no i got it from monster energy website had it on my HTC P4000 for the longest time
    04-04-08 10:54 PM
    and sorry about the big pictures

and has this been done before ?
    04-05-08 12:01 AM
    I don't think a how-to has been posted before. We usually suggest Sharpie or Sharpie+Scotch tape.

Nice work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-08 03:38 AM
    Pretty cool! I don't think I have the energy to try it though.
    04-05-08 11:04 AM
    I did this several weeks ago and it's great. Simple and easy to do and you get the desired results. Glad to see someone posted a how-to for it.
    04-05-08 11:07 AM
    How do you get the trackball off?
    04-05-08 11:19 AM
    Jack55 - Go to the Tips & How-Tos section of CB and click 'How to remove and clean your trackball' - follow it up to the removal.

When my bro and sis-in-law get their Pearls I think I'll be putting a Pink trackball light cover in hers.
    04-05-08 12:37 PM

You can remove the trackball really easily, just use a fingernail under the chrome plastic ring at 12 o'clock and prise it away, then carefully run finger nail around in a circular motion until it is fully released.

The trackball itself just pulls out, it only fits in one way so no worries about replacing this and the chrome ring fits back in the way it came out.
    You should note that the ring has no securing tabs at the 12 o'clock position, this guarantees alignment.

Chamisra
    i read that and did it
    04-05-08 12:40 PM
    Jack55 - Go to the Tips & How-Tos section of CB and click 'How to remove and clean your trackball' - follow it up to the removal.

When my bro and sis-in-law get their Pearls I think I'll be putting a Pink trackball light cover in hers.
    Thank you! A lot of good info on this forum!
    04-05-08 12:46 PM
    Wow thats hot and it wont wear out either.
    04-05-08 12:49 PM
    one of the great things is you combine some colors to make different colors red blue for a deep purple redyellow makes a nice orange
    04-05-08 12:50 PM
    Lol this is way cool. I have done the sharpie and scotch tape before, but it ended badly. Unfortunately, I broke the chrome ring's little attachers. Luckily tho, we were able to take it in and have it replaced under warranty. So I have a nice new Blackberry Pearl with a BRIGHT white trackball, and I'm proud to have it. Lol Maybe I will try this when I can actually be more careful with the chrome ring. GREAT Idea tho!
    05-02-08 06:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD