BlackBerry needs to do this case I can't handle using Window any more. Qnx os for pc wouldn't that be amazing. What do u think would this bring then back.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 08:39 PM
    Ya, no. People don't even trust it on their phones these days and you want them to make a desktop OS? That's a hard sell.

PS: QNX was/had a GUI and Desktop interface, BlackBerry is the ones who basically shut that portion down and stopped providing the code once they acquired it.

BlackBerry pc os-qnx_6.4.1_screenshot.png
    11-19-13 08:44 PM
    They should do what Ubuntu is doing instead of their own desktop OS

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 08:48 PM
    They should do what Ubuntu is doing instead of their own desktop OS

Posted via CB10
    What, take something good (Debian) and run it through the crap filter?
    CollBERRY and BCITMike like this.
    11-19-13 08:52 PM
    I disagree I don't think the problem with BlackBerry is that people don't trust them. I think people think BlackBerry just isn't cool anymore or they think they are **** and won't even look at them. If BlackBerry make a good pc os and made it free people would use it and see what the new BlackBerry is all about.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 08:59 PM
    Blackberry is strugling to make phones to fight the competition... and you want them to make a PC OS to fight agains the SUPER MATURE OSX and Wndows?

not gonna happen...
    Unbiased Tech likes this.
    11-19-13 09:01 PM
    A full BlackBerry ecosystem would be cool, but they need to focus on how to get their handset division up to profitability first
    No way they can win from Windows or Mac in the PC business atm. Or a Windows Runtime anyone? :P

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 09:03 PM
    Yes I do as full and mature is widows is it still no very good look at Window 8. BlackBerry needs to do something big and expand there market they are fighting against the big boys who jump into blackberry market why shouldn't blackberry jump in there markets too.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 09:09 PM
    Wishfull thinking
    11-19-13 09:13 PM
    If they made it into a blackberry like gui, instead of original qnx ui, it would look awesome.
    11-19-13 09:19 PM
    Yes I do as full and mature is widows is it still no very good look at Window 8. BlackBerry needs to do something big and expand there market they are fighting against the big boys who jump into blackberry market why shouldn't blackberry jump in there markets too.

Posted via CB10
    You're joking, right? Windows 8 is not very good? Sure, I don't like the Metro side either, but you can't deny that it is good. It does, after all, have tens of millions of programmes available for it and goes back +20 years. BlackBerry can't just jump into the PC market and shove Windows to the side. No way. Apple has been trying to do that for fifteen years, and look at how unsuccessful they've been so far: something like 85%-90% of all computers run Windows.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1055 using CB10
    11-19-13 09:20 PM
    That's what need to change they have a monopoly and they have no competition. Sure it won't happen over night but if it was offered it as a free os and it was good people would come..

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 09:40 PM
    That's what need to change they have a monopoly and they have no competition. Sure it won't happen over night but if it was offered it as a free os and it was good people would come..

Posted via CB10
    They PC market is not a monopoly. Rather, it a conglomeration of sorts. There are dozens of PC manufacturers that compete with each other, but happen to ship their computers with Windows (because there is no better alternative--Linux doesn't count). Then all these manufacturers are competing with Apple. So on the software side, it's an oligopoly, with three major players. On the hardware side it's a competitive market.

BlackBerry has little chance of launching their own desktop OS in the market unless it runs off BB10 phones and just dock to external I/O.

11-19-13 09:50 PM
    Lol they can't even get BlackBerry Link working for most people, and u think they need to make a desktop OS?

Before anyone gets the confidence to use a desktop from BB, they need to show they can make the Mobile OS as good as it needs to be cause we still haven't seen this mobile computing thing they love to keep talking about.

Only the MOST die-hard BlackBerry fans are gonna use a desktop OS from them

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 09:51 PM
    Absolutely would be awesome. Windows 8 is absolute garbage. I prefer my z10 and z30 by far.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 10:19 PM
    Absolutely would be awesome. Windows 8 is absolute garbage. I prefer my z10 and z30 by far.

Posted via CB10
    Windows 8.0 was bad. Windows 8.1 is actually quite decent, especially with the ability to have more control over your window size (but still doesn't beat the desktop).

11-19-13 10:31 PM
    BlackBerry needs to do this case I can't handle using Window any more. Qnx os for pc wouldn't that be amazing. What do u think would this bring then back.

Posted via CB10
    So which graphics library qt, gtk or something else?

If you want qt or gtk why not just install your favorite linux or bsd?
    11-19-13 10:36 PM

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10

Windows 8 is without question the best version of Windows ever made. Other than the metro UI, what is there not to like about Windows 8?

People that don't like Windows 8 must not realize that it takes around five minutes to install and setup classic shell. Once classic shell is in place, you can use Windows 8 just like it was Windows 7. My PCs all boot up and automatically enter desktop mode. I never look at the metero UI unless I want to. It looks and works just like Windows 7 does except it runs much faster, boots much faster, shuts down much faster and performs all around better. Heck, video games like Skyrim and Battlefield 4 showed noticeably improved frame rates on my laptop after I upgraded to Windows 8. It is a software update that makes it feel you've updated hardware.

The Windows 8 hate cracks me up, cause you'd have to have something wrong with you to prefer any version of Windows over it.
    Unbiased Tech and AcADIeN like this.
    11-19-13 10:58 PM
    Windows 8.0 was bad. Windows 8.1 is actually quite decent, especially with the ability to have more control over your window size (but still doesn't beat the desktop).

No way man, both are not good. And the sales show it. I mean come on, you have to enter the settings menu to shut the thing down. If you can find the settings menu!

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 11:01 PM

Windows 8 is without question the best version of Windows ever made. Other than the metro UI, what is there not to like about Windows 8?

People that don't like Windows 8 must not realize that it takes around five minutes to install and setup classic shell. Once classic shell is in place, you can use Windows 8 just like it was Windows 7. My PCs all boot up and automatically enter desktop mode. I never look at the metero UI unless I want to. It looks and works just like Windows 7 does except it runs much faster, boots much faster, shuts down much faster and performs all around better.

The Windows 8 hate cracks me up, cause you'd have to have something wrong with you to prefer any version of Windows over it.
    Two Internet explorers? Two sets of programs? Confusing menus?

The way you describe your custom setup is like you have windows 7 with an extra side to it that's always running and always there. Metro...

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 11:04 PM
    Two Internet explorers? Two sets of programs? Confusing menus?

The way you describe your custom setup is like you have windows 7 with an extra side to it that's always running and always there. Metro...

Posted via CB10
    And why would I care about those things? My PCs have never ran better and I never even look at the metro side of things. I don't care if metro has a dozen internet browsers and pong running at all times, if my PCs run better than they've ever ran and I don't have to look at, what's not to like?
    Unbiased Tech and ghundiraj like this.
    11-19-13 11:15 PM
    I disagree I don't think the problem with BlackBerry is that people don't trust them. I think people think BlackBerry just isn't cool anymore or they think they are **** and won't even look at them. If BlackBerry make a good pc os and made it free people would use it and see what the new BlackBerry is all about.
    No... people wouldn't use it. People use whatever comes on the computer when they bought it and if they do jump ship it's just back and forth between hardware - Windows and Mac PC's. Linux has been free for decades and has yet to gain any traction where home users are concerned. Also, the app gap problem is HUGE when it comes to BB10 devices, it would be absolutely insurmountable with a desktop OS.

DOA.
    11-19-13 11:35 PM
    No way man, both are not good. And the sales show it. I mean come on, you have to enter the settings menu to shut the thing down. If you can find the settings menu!

Posted via CB10
    Sorry but you have either never used Windows 8 for more than 5 minutes in a store or you don't know how to use your computer...
    BlackBerry pc os-shut-down.png
    BlackBerry pc os-shut-down2.png

You can't do three clicks as opposed to the two to three you had to do on Windows 7? Give me a break
    Saiga likes this.
    11-19-13 11:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    Lol you're judging the quality of something based on sales? BB10 must suck too then...Windows 8/8.1 has the same marketshare as MAC OSX and Linux combined.
    Windows 8 Drops to 7.53% Market Share, Windows 8.1 Takes 1.72%
    Rello and Saiga like this.
    11-19-13 11:50 PM
    Try getting a Surface Pro tablet and still see if you dislike windows. I got one recently. I find it and my Z10 to be so far a match made in heaven.

Posted via a ZeDex
    11-19-13 11:51 PM
50 12