Was wondering if i got one of these sims...

shop.orange. co .uk/shop/show/handset/blackberry_pearl_8120_in_titanium/detail/pay_as_you_go]

(a pay and go BB)

and got a curve and unlcoked it, could i use it in the BB and still use messenger and such?

Or is there another way to have a blackberry and the messenger push emai land such on pay as you go?
    05-12-09 02:20 PM
    You probably will not be able to because the PIN is registered with Orange and if you use a different device BIS will not work on it. Unless you buy the curve from Orange first and then buy a sim card for it and set it up at the store, then it is most definately possible.
    Depending on what operator the curve is locked to, maybe T-Mobile or Vodafone, you will have to "carrier release" it ... that is, let the PIN be usable by any operator in the UK.
    05-12-09 03:17 PM
    depends on the carrier... most don't offer a bis add-on
    05-12-09 03:17 PM
    depends on the carrier... most don't offer a bis add-on
    I actually just checked the link the OP provided and Orange provides BIS for 5 pounds a month ... not sure what it includes though
    05-12-09 03:19 PM
    As far as i'm aware you can't just add the bisvoice product onto a PAYG account unless you've bought the Indigo from Orange. Which you could do. Alternatively you can add it onto any contract with orange for a fiver a month.
    05-12-09 03:21 PM
    Am interested in getting a BB but just for push email and bb messenger..

but not looking to pay a hefty monthly rate..

wonder how the pay and go works for bb chat and such?
    05-12-09 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD