Its a good news for you guys that BlackBerry sell the passport for only $499.
    And its a bad news for us in Indonesia that BlackBerry sell the passport for $800.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 09:02 AM
    You know when BlackBerry decided to release bb10 at the end of January instead of the previous holiday shopping season people complained (me too)
    When they released the Z30 as a Verizon exclusive instead of everywhere people complained.
    When they finally released the devices on their site unlocked for for GSM carriers to purchase people complained the price for outdated hardware was too high.
    When the Z30 was announced people whined about the specs not being up to snuff yet again.
    When they went on sale at the end of the summer for fantastic prices people complained that the price was you guessed it still too high and again doomsayers speculated on BlackBerrys demise.

Now we not only get a fantastic piece of hardware in a premium package. But we get it for a competitive price, and available immediately for purchase in time for the holiday shopping season. Now they are offering an added bonus again in time for the holidays (again no different than any other carrier or phone OEM) and yet we still complain and predict the end is nigh....this is getting real old.

Posted via CB10
    spyeagle likes this.
    11-24-14 09:16 AM
    Really people, there was a thread a week ago demanding that BlackBerry get in on Black Friday action, and now that they do it a sign of the end?

BlackBerry is just making sure it doesn't get left behind when smartphone sales boom this weekend. Early adopters will always pay a higher price, if you want to save $$ than don't buy a phone the day it's released.

BB for Life
    11-24-14 10:53 AM
    why you haven't chosen the option - "no data while roaming"?
    @okayito, in addition to this great suggestion above, I would recommend changing your network settings to CDMA only or CDMA+LTE, i.e. whichever option prevents you from roaming on (GSM) Mexican carriers.

Sprint should have dropped the roaming charges just out of embarrassment: a foreign carrier has better penetration/signal strength on US soil than a US carrier.
    11-24-14 11:38 AM
    ....., and now that they do it a sign of the end?
    BB for Life
    BlackBerry is doomed, no matter what they do(om)... !
    ;-)

? ? ? Zzzzmoqin'.... ? ? ?
    11-24-14 02:49 PM
    @okayito, in addition to this great suggestion above, I would recommend changing your network settings to CDMA only or CDMA+LTE, i.e. whichever option prevents you from roaming on (GSM) Mexican carriers.

Sprint should have dropped the roaming charges just out of embarrassment: a foreign carrier has better penetration/signal strength on US soil than a US carrier.
    Actually my phone is on CDMA only, that is what I have been fighting sprint, but they state my phone nees to have a Sprint only option, which BlackBerry does not have... and of course they tried to sell me an Android

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 05:53 PM
    Actually my phone is on CDMA only, that is what I have been fighting sprint, but they state my phone nees to have a Sprint only option, which BlackBerry does not have... and of course they tried to sell me an Android
    I'm not sure about the Sprint Q10, but on my Q10, there kinda is a "my carrier only" option: network selection mode. Check if your phone has Settings>Network and Connections>Mobile Network, and under Network Selection Mode, if it has 'Manual' selected. If it's not, make sure you have a Sprint signal when you switch it to manual. As @yessuz suggested, on the same screen (Mobile Network,) make sure 'Data services while roaming' is set to 'Off,' or at least 'Prompt.'
    11-24-14 06:43 PM
    You know when BlackBerry decided to release bb10 at the end of January instead of the previous holiday shopping season people complained (me too)
    When they released the Z30 as a Verizon exclusive instead of everywhere people complained.
    When they finally released the devices on their site unlocked for for GSM carriers to purchase people complained the price for outdated hardware was too high.
    When the Z30 was announced people whined about the specs not being up to snuff yet again.
    When they went on sale at the end of the summer for fantastic prices people complained that the price was you guessed it still too high and again doomsayers speculated on BlackBerrys demise.

Now we not only get a fantastic piece of hardware in a premium package. But we get it for a competitive price, and available immediately for purchase in time for the holiday shopping season. Now they are offering an added bonus again in time for the holidays (again no different than any other carrier or phone OEM) and yet we still complain and predict the end is nigh....this is getting real old.

Posted via CB10
    Some people are complaining for one reason because they want to buy a device at a deal.

The other people are concerned about the health of the company.

2 different stories, hey at least it gives us something to talk about on the forumn
    11-24-14 06:56 PM
    I think its great cause they need to grab market share right now and this is the best time of year to do it. Especially if they are also aggressively going after the corporate clients as well.
    11-24-14 07:17 PM
34 12