Not seen any of this info about so thought i'd try and help as knowing this would of saved me allot of time and hassle in the long run.

The bottom line:
    [bold]If you're partially sighted like myself get a blackberry!
    simple [/bold]

whats the problem??

so far iv had to use a magnifying glass to read texts and the idea of using the internet on a phone was a laughable joke.

some companies try to make 3rd party software that magnifies the entire screen, however in my and several other opinions these are all crap they slow down the phone and ruin the OS asthetics.

surly the iphone has pinch and zoom and the iphone 3gs accessibility is awesome right??

How can i put this bluntly .... NO its crap!
    you have to move your fingers around and pan an entire menu to find what you're looking for... before long you feel dizzy and will detest using it.

pinch and zoom only works on the photos and internet application

this is all honest to god first hand experience

Blackberry solves all these problems !!!! ??

its honestly so simple!
    you go into settings and whack up font size to 18

and et volla!!!! you have amazing font size
    in an os that is easily readable
    and a joy to use..

oh and you can invert the contrast which is a help to some people

how about the small screen blackberries ie the 9700???

Dont worry if you like them get one!

you can still increase the font size and it works great only problem for me is the screen size for the web is too small to be practical as i have to zoom all the way in!

storm 2 = ideal (except a few minor battery issues which i have found out are easily fixed)

feel free to private message me if you require any other info

hope all this helps guys ^_^

imi
    03-12-10 02:02 PM
    I agree with most of what you,ve said. My best corrected vision is 20/400. I set my fonts on 11. For most browser use opera 5 set on medium works for me! All on a 9700.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-10 04:42 PM
    My older sister (74) is legally blind. She uses a program on her home computer, called "Zoom Tech" but even that causes her to strain to read long runs of text on email, websites, documents, etc. I was very surprised that she was able to read some stuff on my Storm 2 when I upped the font. She did say though "I wish they made Zoom Tech for Blackberries!"
    03-12-10 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD