View Poll Results: You own a Blackberry. Do you want an iPad?

Voters
271. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

68 25.09%
  • No

203 74.91%
    I looked at the pricing during the iPad's initial launch. Had the funds for one but the 9.7" screen was not for me. After purchasing the PlayBook, glad I didn't purchase that device. 7" with unlimited data on Big Red with all the documents features plus Orb streaming, Box, and DropBox. I'm very happy I own my PlayBook.
    12-13-11 07:33 PM
    Since getting a Playbook about three weeks ago, my iPod touch 4G is a paper weight....well okay I'm not likely to walk the dog with my Playbook...guess Ill still use the ipod for music but not much else. Ive used an iPad at my folks place...its okay but really no wow factor and too big. Playbook OS runs circles around iOS 5 in my opinion.
    Last edited by bourgolo; 12-13-11 at 07:53 PM.
    12-13-11 07:34 PM
    No.. I already have an iPad 2 and a Motorola Xoom and a Samsung Galaxy Tab.. and of course, a PlayBook... and something else.... oh, right -- an HP TouchPad.

Sounds like my desk drawer at work...add in the HTC EVO View (Flyer)... I have the ipad2 and would certainly buy one if I didn't already own it...for ME it works very well..
    12-13-11 08:50 PM
    I love my ipad 2 and if it broke right now, I would go straight out and purchase another.
    12-13-11 09:11 PM
    IMO, BB Desktop Manger is 10 times worse than iTunes (for Mac that is). When I had a BB with Desktop Manager I had the stupidest problems with it and I eventually got to the point where I just uninstalled it and found other ways to manage my syncing.
    I have to agree with you that the DM is not anything to write home about. There is no need to usebit for syncing. I just use blackberry protect. The difference is you need itunes to get it activated.

As you can already tell I am not too fond of that type of fruit or its products although I seriously admire their asthetics.
    12-13-11 09:22 PM
    I already own a original iPad but would like to pick up the rumored iPad 3 with the long rumored high resolution display. I shoot a lot of photos and use my current 64GB model as both a portfolio, and a family album for myself, having a screen at twice the current resolution would really show some amazing detail.

Given that, I also own a PlayBook and love it's size for a "road warrior" with Internet anywhere I have coverage. The only thing that would make my PlayBook better, is an official app for Netflix. No dice streaming from the site despite the "uncompromised" web experience.
    12-13-11 10:02 PM
    I have to agree with you that the DM is not anything to write home about. There is no need to usebit for syncing. I just use blackberry protect. The difference is you need itunes to get it activated.

As you can already tell I am not too fond of that type of fruit or its products although I seriously admire their asthetics.
    I do own a Mac and did find that if you do use iPhoto, when you use the DM for the Mac, it really does a bang up job getting all my photos onto my Bold 9700 and my PB as well. Not only the pictures, but movie clips as well.

When it comes to music though, I do the work myself.
    12-13-11 10:07 PM
    I will be getting my first Playbook through RIM employee sometime this month. I have played with it at Staples and think it will be the perfect fit for me. I would like an iPad, although I would never pay that much for one. And really, one of the 10" cheaper Androids would be just as good. I simply want a larger screen for reading magazines. They aren't as good to read on a 7" screen.
    12-13-11 10:43 PM
    I watched a few tv shows on my friend's Ipad while we were waiting for a free movie screening. I liked it alot, I would like one. I think its too expensive though.
    Last edited by claire___; 12-14-11 at 12:59 AM.
    12-13-11 11:48 PM
    No way in heck would I want or take a free ipad unless I could smash up into tiny pieces. My house is home to 2 64 gb playbooks
    12-14-11 01:06 AM
    No way in heck would I want or take a free ipad unless I could smash up into tiny pieces. My house is home to 2 64 gb playbooks
    Or stick it in the microwave oven for a few minutes and watch the light show from 10 ft. away in the backyard.
    12-14-11 01:10 AM
    Already got one
    12-14-11 05:55 AM
    Or stick it in the microwave oven for a few minutes and watch the light show from 10 ft. away in the backyard.
    Don't joke, a mate of mine stuck his Blackberry in the microwave after he got it wet, stupid ******* lol, he said "you should've seen the sparks flying" lol
    12-14-11 07:12 AM
    i like the power"untapped capabilities" that my playbook has as well as the size factor. On the other hand i like the apps for my specific uses that the ipad has. However i chose to buy the play book because ive always been a BB fan plus i am hoping the apps will come around. You can always add apps when they become available but you cant change the hardware without buying an entirely different tablet. As i always say UNLEASH THE BEAST, lets get some apps rolling.
    12-14-11 08:12 AM
    i like the power"untapped capabilities" that my playbook has as well as the size factor. On the other hand i like the apps for my specific uses that the ipad has. However i chose to buy the play book because ive always been a BB fan plus i am hoping the apps will come around. You can always add apps when they become available but you cant change the hardware without buying an entirely different tablet. As i always say UNLEASH THE BEAST, lets get some apps rolling.
    I do get the impression that once and if OS 2 comes and has the things it should if apps were equal that many would prefer the playbook.
    12-14-11 09:25 AM

Not true. I believe it was with iOS5 that you no longer have to plug your device into a computer with iTunes to activate it. When I received my 4S, I was able to start up the phone and have it up and running in less than 10 minutes without hooking it up to my laptop and iTunes.
    12-14-11 07:51 PM
    Not true. I believe it was with iOS5 that you no longer have to plug your device into a computer with iTunes to activate it. When I received my 4S, I was able to start up the phone and have it up and running in less than 10 minutes without hooking it up to my laptop and iTunes.
    True my mom just got the iP4 and never hooked it up to a computer. Everything was set up on the device. Was easy and quick. Much faster than setting up a new BlackBerry for sure.
    12-15-11 05:34 AM
    Staying around 3/4 no and 1/4 yes.
    12-15-11 06:36 AM
    PB winning on a BlackBerry fan site. Well sound the alarms!
    12-15-11 06:39 AM
    PB winning on a BlackBerry fan site. Well sound the alarms!
    LOL Well according to Forbes the poll should be the other way around fan site or not. I guess random bb owners are different.
    12-15-11 07:10 AM
    Have one will buy another just like Apple and I'm tied in to their echo system just like I'm tied into Amazon echo system. I now have a Playbook as well as BB Torch now so I'm looking forward to the OS2 update.
    12-15-11 07:17 AM
    No thank you. Had one; sold it; don't want another one.
    12-15-11 03:05 PM
147 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD