You have to admit that their price tag overall are over priced compare to other brands out there but i do see that the new management understand this and thanks to Foxconn we should have a decent price for future BlackBerry 10 phone.

A side from this regarding the first day of blackphone was released and it is sold out. The brand is new and really a handful of people know about them and the price tag is $629usd. Who is in the right mind would buy this out for $600 and change??? Have a look at the link below to find out what is blackphone.

https://store.blackphone.ch/

#BBFactCheck
    06-30-14 07:57 PM
    I'd be surprised if Blackphone had more than a few hundred in stock at launch. Its a super-niche device and demand can't be forecast for it.
    06-30-14 08:09 PM
    its serves a niche market, one smaller than BB is aiming for. It is pricey though.
    RH1Pearl likes this.
    06-30-14 08:13 PM
    Thanks for changing my subject topic guys!

#BBFactCheck
    07-01-14 11:11 AM
    you're the one who brought Blackphone into it.
    Its related in that if you are going to fill a small niche you can command a high price. Blackberry wants to fill a larger niche and can't.

Even successful companies like Samsung and Apple will come under price pressure as $250 phone in 2015 will have only small performance and feature penalty compared to a $600 flagship phone.
    07-01-14 11:26 AM
    Time speaks for itself. In 2006-7 when BlackBerry was on top of its game, owning one was a matter of pride just like the Iphone 5S. No one spoke much about cost. They bought it whatever the price. Look forward to those times very soon..Courtesy Passport and Classic..Fingers crossed X

Posted from my SuperHuman Q10
    07-01-14 11:37 AM
    BlackBerry is overpriced for most of the consumer market, and that isn't going to change.

Will learn in a few moths with the Passport and the Classic what the strategy will be... but other than by writing off some of the cost on devices, I've seen no sign of BlackBerry being a competitive manufacture.

I do think that the enterprise "niche" will pay more for a device that best meets their needs... but we don't know how small that niche is. BlackBerry's growth came from consumers.... and BlackBerry uniqueness (push email) is now no longer a reason for consumers to pay more for a BlackBerry.

As for the Blackphone, the device cost is just the beginning. You want secure communications, then the people you talk to have to subscribe to the same services that your Blackphone uses... I bet by the time a company has implemented it, they aren't all that secure. But they do seem to go much further than just email.
    07-01-14 11:45 AM
    Blackphone's number one security seems to be the fact that it doesn't come with Google Play Store

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3175
    07-01-14 12:09 PM