So if BlackBerry has a very secure os...why is it that DOD, and the majority of the American industry s use apple and android phones..i don't understand this??can someone pls explain thank you

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 11:47 AM
    The majority of DOD devices are BlackBerries, as far as I know.
    10-12-14 11:51 AM
    In January [2014], the DOD stated that BlackBerry devices still account for 90% of the mobile devices used within the U.S. military. It has shown that it intends to stick with BlackBerry -- out of 100,000 new devices being tested in its DOD Mobility Implementation Plan, 80% will be BlackBerries, while the remainder will be comprised of a mix of iOS and Samsung Knox devices.

Source: DOD Approval of iOS and Android Deal Another Blow to BlackBerry (BBRY, GOOG, GOOGL, SSNLF)
    theRock1975 and smart548 like this.
    10-12-14 11:56 AM
    Samsung Knox is a history. It definitely did not deal a "blow" to BlackBerry, since Samsung dropped further development of this BlackBerry contender wannabe.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 12:03 PM
    Samsung Knox is a history. It definitely did not deal a "blow" to BlackBerry, since Samsung dropped further development of this BlackBerry contender wannabe.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, the title of the article linked in my post is misleading. What's important is the fact stated by it - namely that the vast majority of DOD phones are BlackBerries and this situation will not change in the near future.
    10-12-14 12:07 PM
    Samsung Knox is dead in terms of Samsung continuing to develop it themselves, yes. Instead, it was given to Google to integrate directly into Android, for all Android phones, so it will be part of the base OS.
    10-12-14 03:12 PM
    It's called "Buy American"!

But to my knowledge, DoD uses BlackBerry in majority

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 03:34 PM
    It comes down to what level of certification and server the smartphone is going to use.... Because Apple and Sammy are used used in many less secure office settings... anything that is used on actual DOD secure servers needs a higher level of security... To my knowledge Blackberry and General Dynamics ( in house ) are the only phones to have certification for use.... one last point is that many do not realize how locked down Iphones and Android are when they go onto the system.... Many consider them unusable... that is why many use both personal and BB....
    10-12-14 04:08 PM
    They still hold the bulk of the business in question. That said the reason why these organizations are entertaining other options are the following IMHO:

Apps are readily available on the other platforms. Developer base is much broader too. Both segments still prefer Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) applications and hardware unless it simply isn't possible to use this for the requirements.

User base begging for something not BlackBerry, and by that I mean BBOS. Most end users don't know about BB10 or that it is different from BBOS. I see now BB10 devices being issued at the organization I contract to and the end users who have been begging to be given modern devices are surprised that BB10 is good.

BlackBerry did a horrible job educating the public on BB10, squandered opportunities and money like that tragedy of a Super Bowl ad, and basically the anti BlackBerry sentiment is based on poor BBOS offerings and super locked down devices that couldn't do much to how they were locked down.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    10-12-14 05:27 PM
    OP: next time, please put a question mark in the title so it is clear you are asking for the answer, not providing the answer.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 09:04 PM
    Samsung Knox is dead in terms of Samsung continuing to develop it themselves, yes. Instead, it was given to Google to integrate directly into Android, for all Android phones, so it will be part of the base OS.
    I doubt they ceded it to Google. Google will integrate Knox-like features into Android. Still nowhere near to BlackBerry's level.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 12:35 PM
    I doubt they ceded it to Google. Google will integrate Knox-like features into Android. Still nowhere near to BlackBerry's level.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...s-knox-944784/

Might want to read Bla1ze's post.

Samsung?s KNOX 2.0 to be Embedded in Android L ? Should Your Enterprise Care? | Blue Hill Research
    10-14-14 06:40 PM
    Regardless of whether Knox will be integrated into Android or not, Google's data snooping business model will continue, it has to.

The cloud gets thicker.... until it rains... :-)

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    10-15-14 02:14 AM