04-20-09 04:54 PM
- I wold like to know if anyone has encountered the same (or similar problems with the 4.5OS update)
I have a BB curve (8310) and when I got informed about the update, I did it immediately. It prompted me to back up my phone, which I did, and not touch it until the update was done.
So far I've seen great improvements in the update but the setbacks are insane.
1)Performance is ridiculously slow and I have no free memory: I actually deleted files that I had, erased pictures, a video and about 200 emails, still the phone keeps getting slower and slower. The phone will actually loose all memory
2)All my ring tones and music files seem to be corrupted. The files are actually there but when I play them there's nothing, the phone eventually freezes. As a result of this, I cannot set it to a "loud" profile.
3)Unlocking it slows it down. I have automatic lock on it and it is password protected. Once I try to unlock it, it freezes for about 2-3 minutes and then prompts me to enter the pswd.
The version I have is the v126.96.36.199. Hope to get some good feedback on it.
Cheers!04-19-09 11:41 AM
- make sure you are exiting out of apps correctly- usually press menu>close/exit, dont just press the end button.
do a battery pull, with the phone on pull the battery out and replace in 30 seconds. and heres a link to free up some memory:
http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/04-19-09 03:34 PM
- Reed McLayRetired ModeratorThat is not typical of the upgrade results.
In the vast majority of cases, file free memory increases becasue the no longer install the samples or background images.
I would suggest trying a different package, it should be much better.
http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...-124-a-137570/04-19-09 04:00 PM
- I don't know... I know to close the apps by actually exiting them in the menu>close. But still.. every day my file free memory actually reaches 0.
I thought that due to the upgrade the performance was going to be faster but I don't know what happened here... I lost all ringtones, and 2 apps... the funny thing is that the apps are actually appearing on the phone, But they do not show, I even checked that they were not hidden, but they're not!04-20-09 04:49 PM
- Take Reed's advice and either reload the 188.8.131.52 OS, or upgrade to 184.108.40.206
You can download the 220.127.116.11 OS here:
You need to install it to your PC after the download completes.04-20-09 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD