05-06-08 11:02 PM
- im new to blackberry currently i have the 4.2 not updated or anything that came with my blackberry 8800 for rogers network, does anyone know if the OS 4.6 will be able to install on my blackberry 8800 ?!?!
and where abouts i could get information on how to proceeed for the update or new install ?
do i have to purchase the new OS from blackberry ?!
thanks thanks05-06-08 02:35 PM
- 05-06-08 02:57 PM
- thank you all for posting and being so welcoming , i didnt expect anyone to reply so fast.
iv only had this phone for a bit which by means of bay purchase i obtained it at a reasonable price, so i dont think that my carrier (rogers) would have any type of updates or anything for me from their site. mind u rogers is horrible at customer service, useless infact.
so i was hoping i could simply download updates or reinstall the OS on it.
now i did the research and i found that the 4.5 will be supported on the 8800, but i would rather have wait till the 4.6 (as i like the interface better) that is why i was asking if it would be possible to just wait for the 4.6 and install that . but if not the 4.5 will do.
where is some good sources for the downloading of updates (currently i have 126.96.36.199, platform 188.8.131.52) ? blackberry site ? (one again i searched rogers and found nothing)
and not only how do i update/install these... but what should i know too as its my first blackberry and i have never done this before
thanks again and some n000b questions
where can i get new themes also ?
and for some reason my blackberry shows a 2 missed phone icons in the top screen even tough i cleared it along long time ago several times ? how do i go about removing this ?
when people call, it only shows a number and not the name in my phone book, how do i change that ?
Last edited by multipass; 05-06-08 at 03:31 PM.05-06-08 03:28 PM
- sunkastSuper Bad05-06-08 06:05 PM
- Reed McLayRetired Moderator...some good sources for the downloading of updates (currently i have 184.108.40.206, platform 220.127.116.11) ? blackberry site ? ...
Rogers customer service could use some improvement, good thing we dont have to depend of them.
It does not matter which carrier link you follow. If there is a model specific version, anywhere in the World, you can install it to your device.
When v4.3 or v4.5 becomes available, you will hear it here first.
BlackBerry 8800, 8820 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.comhow do i update/install these...
The process is exactly the same for a version update.
Last edited by Stoner; 05-06-08 at 10:21 PM.05-06-08 10:04 PM
- ok, 'm gonna try to go in order for ya, even though sunkast beat me to the themes question.
1. If you go into the 8800 section of the forums, there is a thread stickied, called NEWEST 8800 OS you have to load the 8800 only, as it will not work with other OS. To make it easy for ya, its right HERE
The directions to install it are in that thread, as well as the link to the newest OFFICIAL OS available.
2. To clear the missed call icon, you can: Go into your messages folder press menu> options> view folder> call log.
That should mark all the calls that you opened them.
3. Go into Options> security options> general options> scroll to content protection, and change "include address book" to NO. Then save it.05-06-08 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD