I've had the following question for a while and would like everybody's input:

Are blackberries capable of running a smooth, graphics heavy OS like the iPhone or Pre ? Or capable of running graphics heavy apps?

Take the bold for instance, it has a 624 mhz processor. That's even faster than the 3GS (the "s" is for speed, you know). Why isn't the bold running an OS that puts the iPhone to shame? Is it hardware/processor limitations, or does RIM just not know how to make a smoother more graphics heavy OS? I ask bc i'm watching my friends play King of Sparta for 99 cents on the iPhone, while nothing on the blackberry even compares. Not the OS or the apps. Sucks. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Brnkvc; 08-05-09 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Left stuff out
    08-05-09 03:43 PM
    I've had the following question for a while and would like everybody's input:

Is the blackberry capable of a smooth, graphics heavy OS like the iPhone or Pre ?

Take the bold for instance, it has a 624 mhz processor. That's even faster than the 3GS (the "s" is for speed, you know). Why isn't the bold running an OS that puts the iPhone to shame? Is it hardware/processor limitations, or does blackberry just not now how to make a smoother mroe graphics heavy OS?

It does, BlackBerry runs Sun Java virtual machine. That software originated with the NASA Mars Rover project. It was created to be bullet proof and secure.

Like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going....

How does Apple graphics get so fast? I suspect QuickDraw has a lot to do with that, propriety Apple technology.

QuickDraw - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

QuickDraw is the 2D graphics library and associated Application Programming Interface (API) which is a core part of the classic Apple Macintosh operating system. It was initially written by Bill Atkinson and Andy Hertzfeld. QuickDraw still exists as part of the libraries of Mac OS X, ...
    08-05-09 03:52 PM
    If you don't like what you have, why don't you just switch to whatever it is that you want? Make yourself happy.
    08-05-09 05:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD