BlackBerry has made it clear that software is the new BlackBerry. I'm thinking maybe they can try to work on the BBOS10 web browser, and see if they can develop that and make it available for download on different platforms like MacOS, Windows desktop OS, ChromeOS, iOS, Android, etc. so people will have one more option to choose from and personally I think the BBOS10 web browser is a pretty great one. I really enjoy using it and love the usability of it, and I think it would be nice if we have that browser available even when using computers or smartphones running different platforms so we can sync our bookmarks and other info across different platforms like we use Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox, etc.

What do you think?
    01-22-17 11:11 AM
    The BB10 browser is so horribly outdated and slow that they would essentially have to start from scratch again anyway.
    01-22-17 11:20 AM
    I think any minute spent on bb10 anything at this point is a minute to much. There are plenty of browser out there for mobile and desktop both. I just dont see bb needing to spend time on something that wont make them any money in return
    01-22-17 11:20 AM
    Have you used any other browser??? Seriously. There are soooooo many to choose from. Why would they waste time making a browser. I use a Z10. The browser is decent but isn't even being updated.

Posted via CB10
    xandros9 and Tien-Lin Chang like this.
    01-22-17 11:45 AM
    Firefox, Chrome and Safari. All are free.

What would BB bring to this?
    01-22-17 12:15 PM
    I agree with OP... in part. Not a BB10 browser for desktops but include it in the blackberry suite of software on android. While their at it, bring over file manager, calculator, remember and other stock apps we take or took for granted.
    Personally, I prefer an out of the box, ready to go, BlackBerry experience and minimizing the downloading of 3rd party apps. It fits with with their whole security thing they have going on and sets them further apart from other android offerings and makes it easier for BB10 users to migrate over to android.
    YesAndNo likes this.
    01-22-17 12:18 PM
    When I do searches on my Z30's browser, I find it faster and more stable than Firefox or Chrome on my laptop or desktop but maybe it is because they are older. Anyway, like the OP, I like the BB10 browser and do not understand so many dump on it here. A version for my laptop would be great.

BB, Still the One
    brian4591 likes this.
    01-22-17 01:10 PM
    The BB10 browser is an ancient WebKit browser, those are a dime a dozen. Compared to Chrome, Firefox or even Edge it's a featureless artifact.

And if past desktop apps are any indication the BB10 browser on a computer would perform like Link, BBDM or Blend; no thank you.
    01-22-17 01:33 PM
    Why would anyone choose it over anything they already have or already have the ability to use? There has to be a key differentiator for someone to choose it over something they can already download like Chrome, or a built-in browser like Safari.
    01-22-17 04:36 PM
    Personally, I prefer an out of the box, ready to go, BlackBerry experience and minimizing the downloading of 3rd party apps. It fits with with their whole security thing they have going on and sets them further apart from other android offerings and makes it easier for BB10 users to migrate over to android.
    But the Z50 and 60 already ship with a very fast, capable, well supported browser that every web developer in the world already tests against.
    01-22-17 06:00 PM
    If there are any webkit browsers for android that would be a good place to start.
    01-22-17 08:38 PM
    The BB10 browser is so horribly outdated and slow that they would essentially have to start from scratch again anyway.
    I don't think it is any slower than a android browser. A lot of slowness in BlackBerry 10 browser can be a result of the old hardware.

The biggest thing that I miss from the old BlackBerry 10 browser is the keyboard shortcuts. No android browser can make full use of the keyboard.
    brookie229 likes this.
    01-22-17 09:37 PM
    Why would anyone choose it over anything they already have or already have the ability to use? There has to be a key differentiator for someone to choose it over something they can already download like Chrome, or a built-in browser like Safari.
    Physical keyboard shortcuts.
    brookie229 likes this.
    01-22-17 09:37 PM
    I love my bb10 browser and find I put my android tablet down when I need to search for something. I don't find it slow at all.

#luvmybb10os
    brian4591 and TCB on Z10 like this.
    01-22-17 10:17 PM
    I agree with OP... in part. Not a BB10 browser for desktops but include it in the blackberry suite of software on android. While their at it, bring over file manager, calculator, remember and other stock apps we take or took for granted.
    Totaly agree I love that I can turn my BlackBerry on right out of the box. And I am good to go. I don't have to get a 3 Rd party calanders, email. And browser. File manager is awesome. Don't need to download that. #sobgoingtomissbb10

#luvmybb10os
    01-22-17 10:22 PM
    I love my bb10 browser
    It works for me on most sites I need too, and when I need ad blocking or a different useragent I use Browsie Browser.
    Of course, this is totally irrelevant to users of other platforms. One possible exception could be WP, as Edge does not have an ad blocker on mobile. The questiion remains - how would BlackBerry monetize it?
    01-23-17 09:36 AM
    I agree with OP... in part. Not a BB10 browser for desktops but include it in the blackberry suite of software on android.
    Why, you get Chrome out of the box.
    01-23-17 03:01 PM
    I don't think it is any slower than a android browser. A lot of slowness in BlackBerry 10 browser can be a result of the old hardware.
    That doesn't make any sense. If the browser was once fast on that hardware, then it would remain fast on that hardware. The hardware argument might pass if the device hasn't been reset in a while, in which case, if that were true then a device would reset would once again speed it up which is largely not the case. The BB10 browser hasn't had any significant upstream additions in a long time. Even the stuff from 10.3.3 isn't 'new'.
    01-23-17 03:05 PM
    Totaly agree I love that I can turn my BlackBerry on right out of the box. And I am good to go. I don't have to get a 3 Rd party calanders, email. And browser. File manager is awesome. Don't need to download that. #sobgoingtomissbb10

#luvmybb10os
    I love bb10 too. But my Priv does the job well. And it comes preloaded with BlackBerry Hub, BlackBerry calendar, and Chrome browser. It doesn't come with a file manager but there are lots to choose from.
    01-24-17 12:01 AM

#luvmybb10os
    I'm on my 3rd Android phone, and all them have had email, browser, calendar, and file manager preinstalled.
    Ronindan and Tien-Lin Chang like this.
    01-24-17 12:40 AM
    I can't stand using that sad excuse of a Web browser on my phone! Why on earth would I want it on anything else?

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    01-24-17 02:36 PM
    Other core apps might be more valuable to port over... file manager!

:-)

•   10.3.3 - that's the go for me... ;-D   •
    01-24-17 02:42 PM
    No. Atleast 10 better file managers are already existing.
    01-24-17 03:31 PM
    I'm on my 3rd Android phone, and all them have had email, browser, calendar, and file manager preinstalled.
    Some BB10 fans here still cling to the myth that every time an android user buys a new android phone - they have to start from scratch all over again. Neglecting the fact that android has a backup feature that allows you to create a backup profile of your old phone and load it to your new device (including frequently used apps) and that the Google Play store actually keep a list of the apps that a user had installed on their devices. Which eliminate the need to search the Play Store all over again. And that android phones usually have the basic apps installed such as the calendar, email client and sms/chat apps.
    Last edited by Ronindan; 01-24-17 at 08:09 PM.
    howarmat likes this.
    01-24-17 07:36 PM
    Some BB10 fans here still cling to the myth that every time an android user buys a new android phone - they have to start from scratch all over again. Neglecting the fact that android has a backup feature that allows you to create a backup profile of your old phone and load it to your new device (including frequently used apps) and that the Google Play store actually keep a list of the apps that a user had installed on their devices. Which eliminate the need to search the Play Store all over again. And that android phones usually have the basic apps installed such calendar, email client and sms/chat apps.
    Exactly.

It is a funny belief that persists though.
    Ronindan likes this.
    01-24-17 07:57 PM
50 12