Interesting article posted on Android Central. Apparently BlackBerry did not make Google's cut as "phones that receive regular security patches" . Makes me wonder why? BlackBerry is always on top when it comes to the monthly security update, or so we thought.

These are the phones that receive regular security patches, according to Google | Android Central
    03-23-17 05:27 AM
    Maybe because DTEK50 was late received security patch?
    03-23-17 05:35 AM
    They listed individual phones...
    03-23-17 06:34 AM
    That sucks since blackberry supposed to be strong in the security aspect, I'm not surprised to see the list have mostly google phones and new phones released last year
    03-23-17 12:46 PM
    My only concern is why isn't any BlackBerry Android phone on that list. My Dtek 60 receives security updates every month. My oneplus 3t receives updates every 2 months perhaps (had an update in January and March). How does oneplus make the list and not BlackBerry? Is there something that BlackBerry does to the security update provided by Google that doesn't make the phones as secure as we think? Has BlackBerry provided backdoor access to certain organizations? Many on android central are surprised at the news. Would be interesting to see how this plays out.
    03-23-17 01:55 PM
    My only concern is why isn't any BlackBerry Android phone on that list. My Dtek 60 receives security updates every month. My oneplus 3t receives updates every 2 months perhaps (had an update in January and March). How does oneplus make the list and not BlackBerry? Is there something that BlackBerry does to the security update provided by Google that doesn't make the phones as secure as we think? Has BlackBerry provided backdoor access to certain organizations? Many on android central are surprised at the news. Would be interesting to see how this plays out.
    I expect it has more to do with relevance than performance. When this list was first being made, BlackBerry was out of the hardware business and their phones were all EOL.

Going forward, maybe the TCL KEYone will make the list.
    03-23-17 02:42 PM
    Has the Priv or any of the DTEKs been updated to Android 7.1 yet?

Can't be the "most secure Android Phone" if you don't have the latest software.

It's also worth pointing out that Nexus / Pixel devices can be updated via OTA updates provided by Google. You can have the updates exactly when available.

https://developers.google.com/android/ota

Does BlackBerry offer the same service?
    03-23-17 02:57 PM
    Lol

via Passport OG
    03-23-17 03:34 PM
    Has the Priv or any of the DTEKs been updated to Android 7.1 yet?

Can't be the "most secure Android Phone" if you don't have the latest software.

It's also worth pointing out that Nexus / Pixel devices can be updated via OTA updates provided by Google. You can have the updates exactly when available.

https://developers.google.com/android/ota

Does BlackBerry offer the same service?
    Great points, I completely forgot about 7.1.
    03-23-17 04:05 PM
    It's a conspiracy. Google doesn't want you buying a truly secure phone, so they're saying it's not very secure so you won't buy a truly secure phone.

Kinda like how everyone wanted BlackBerry to fail, 'cause it was so secure.

:P
    BigBadWulf, shaleem and VinLou like this.
    03-23-17 06:16 PM
    Perhaps Android-powered BlackBerries aren't as secure as they market them to be....
    03-23-17 06:32 PM
    Whatever the reason... just goes to show what a brilliant synergy they got going on there with the google beast... not...

Great job johhny... NOT!
    03-23-17 06:33 PM
    Perhaps Android-powered BlackBerries aren't as secure as they market them to be....
    Stop smokin that stuff! BlackBerry has a reputation. It's not innovation, style or apps. It's security and only security. Whatever the reason for not having BlackBerry on that list it isn't because they aren't secure Android devices.

Maybe they aren't on the list because BlackBerry Android devices being secure is a given.

I'm gonna hold off a while on switching. Only because I use my device until they don't serve me well. I move away from BB10 when I'm finished with my...

 Passport SE SQW100-4 with Vitamin (SR) 10.3.2.2836 (OS Version) 10.3.2.2876 on AT&T
    03-23-17 09:23 PM
    Boy you really buy into Blackberry's marketing hook, line, an sinker.
    03-23-17 10:08 PM
    Boy you really buy into Blackberry's marketing hook, line, an sinker.
    Marketing?? Since when does BlackBerry ever use marketing.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-24-17 07:13 AM
    Why would Google promote the competition? :-o
    03-24-17 08:05 AM
    BlackBerry is not the competition anymore.
    Google wants as many people as possible using devices that come with Google Play, Chrome, Gmail, Etc.
    03-24-17 09:18 AM
    BlackBerry is not the competition anymore.
    Google wants as many people as possible using devices that come with Google Play, Chrome, Gmail, Etc.
    Lol. How exactly is Nexus and Pixel not competing with other Android devices?
    03-24-17 10:54 AM
    Interesting article posted on Android Central. Apparently BlackBerry did not make Google's cut as "phones that receive regular security patches" . Makes me wonder why? BlackBerry is always on top when it comes to the monthly security update, or so we thought.

These are the phones that receive regular security patches, according to Google | Android Central
    Because Google is not aware what BlackBerry is doing with stock Android but for sure Android hardened by BlackBerry is much secure than stock android
    03-24-17 11:12 AM
    Google is now invested in the device market with their own phones, you cannot expect any impartiality from them anymore...
    yyz321 likes this.
    03-24-17 11:22 AM
    Because Google is not aware what BlackBerry is doing with stock Android but for sure Android hardened by BlackBerry is much secure than stock android
    I expect someone at Google is very aware of what BlackBerry is doing.... and making sure they don't cross the line of making their "version" something other than fully compliant Google Android. I expect they can't charge for their version of Android, only provide it as part of a branding licensing agreement.

"Much Secured"....
    03-24-17 11:49 AM
    Marketing?? Since when does BlackBerry ever use marketing.
    Havana... good one
    03-24-17 12:46 PM
    Google's business is primarily derived from search and services. They are more interested in keeping people using the Android platform and Google services than selling hardware. Nexus was never a mass market device...it was aimed at developers. Pixel is interesting - they appear to be targeting the mainstream consumers, and seemingly competing with their own Android OEMS. That being said, I don't believe their intention with the Pixel phones were to unseat the iPhone and Galaxy lines anytime soon.
    1122334455667788 likes this.
    03-24-17 07:46 PM
    With a Huawei is on the list, ya know that the list has zero credibility, whether it has a Nexus sticker with the October patch on it or not.

Via z10.

Posted via CB10
    Uzi likes this.
    03-24-17 08:19 PM
    With a Huawei is on the list, ya know that the list has zero credibility, whether it has a Nexus sticker with the October patch on it or not.

Via z10.

Posted via CB10
    Why would you say that? Software updates come straight from Google, and they also had a hand in the hardware design.

If the reasoning behind it is because Huawei is a Chinese company - keep in mind who built the DTEK series phones and the KEYone...
    elfabio80 likes this.
    03-25-17 01:22 AM
48 12