BlackBerry Phones are not made in China, but I believe all the accessories like charger, Ear phone and stuff are made in China.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 11:51 AM
    My Z10 was made in Mexico :P
    Battery made in Korea and further processed in china (don't know what further processing states here)!
    08-21-14 12:11 PM
    100% used to be made in waterloo ontario canda. but now with foxconn thats all over used to love seeing it all when i lived there my hometown.
    Actually Waterloo never made 100% of devices they did small volume orders I used to work there they were lucky to output 1000 let alone millions

Most of the bbrys even legacy were made in Mexico and overseas
    With small orders done by cherryblossum drive and rim 8

Even then most of it was just assembly and packaging and loading of software
    and most of the time you wouldn't have enough parts like memory cards to produce your quota

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-21-14 04:33 PM
    It was reported (back when the Z3 was announced) that initial production of the Z3 would be in China, with a plan towards eventually moving production (if continued production was necessary) to the Indonesian facility, which would have needed some updating/retooling. I haven't read anything on the matter since then, but IMO it's likely that the Z3's produced to date were made in one of the many Chinese Foxconn factories. They tend to be the newest and most up-to-date, so given the time constraints/rapid time-to-production of the Z3, using a Chinese facility makes sense.
    Troy, I hope you do not leave CB. You have the facts.
    08-21-14 07:35 PM
    Actually Waterloo never made 100% of devices they did small volume orders I used to work there they were lucky to output 1000 let alone millions

Most of the bbrys even legacy were made in Mexico and overseas
    With small orders done by cherryblossum drive and rim 8

Even then most of it was just assembly and packaging and loading of software
    and most of the time you wouldn't have enough parts like memory cards to produce your quota

interesting, my brother worked there as well so he said they ended up making like 200 per person. I personally never worked in the manufacturing area i was apart of the tech support area.
    08-22-14 09:18 AM
    interesting, my brother worked there as well so he said they ended up making like 200 per person. I personally never worked in the manufacturing area i was apart of the tech support area.
    200 per person?
    You do know it's a production line ?
    When the line doesn't have memory cards the line stops and waits 1-2hours how can they meet the 200 per person there is 8 people per line

08-22-14 11:30 AM
    I would prefer the iPhone maker, Foxconn , over the manufacturers of the Z10, Q10 and the 9720.
    08-22-14 05:55 PM
    200 per person?
    You do know it's a production line ?
    When the line doesn't have memory cards the line stops and waits 1-2hours how can they meet the 200 per person there is 8 people per line

ok would also like to know what year you did this as my brother came back knowing his quota every day lol.
    08-23-14 01:40 AM
    ok would also like to know what year you did this as my brother came back knowing his quota every day lol.
    2011 the same year the queen visited rim8 I started the day before she visited also the year lazardis promised 1000 jobs at rim and bragged about i
    And the amount of orders never exceeded over 1000 from one company
    The volume was too low
    You rarely made your quota because of lack of inventory control on memorycards you couldn't run to the next line to get spare ones unless it matched the part number
    they also accused people of stealing memory cards and headphones in the 10000a worth

Most of the.time people swept or spent time filling up the chargers with batteries during the torch and iPhone 4 release
    I did testing omn and loading the software or packaging
    From what I hear overtime was short lived during the z10 launch after the 1m Verizon order of the z10

08-23-14 06:07 AM
    Ever used a socket wrench (or any supposedly-durable tool) that says "made in China"? LOL...

The being said, most smartphone buyers just want to pay the least amount for anything... so I wouldn't wish whatever cut-rate labor wages being paid at Foxconn, to anyone in any other country.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I have. Pretty much everything is made in China these days. If you buy something for a buck, in most cases you can't expect it to last 10 years. Quality has a price.

Postes v�a CB10 Using me Z30
    kmn5 likes this.
    08-23-14 11:45 AM
35 12