I just noticed this now..
    All Blackberry phones that I used so far is not assembled or Made in China not like other smartphones brand out there like iphone,etc.
    Im proud to be a blackberry phone user.
    Good quality phone! No to China!

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 06:47 PM
    ya to blackberry, but a lot of good stuff comes out of china.
    garrett1972, syah iejam and kmn5 like this.
    08-20-14 06:51 PM
    That may be changing. The Z3 is manufactured for BlackBerry by Foxconn (the same company that sources iPhones), and I'm not sure about whether the production contract precludes Chinese construction, or if that even matters at this point.
    08-20-14 06:53 PM
    I hope so not in China!

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 06:59 PM
    That may be changing. The Z3 is manufactured for BlackBerry by Foxconn (the same company that sources iPhones), and I'm not sure about whether the production contract precludes Chinese construction, or if that even matters at this point.
    I'm pretty sure it's the foxconn Indonesian facility that is making it. Not certain though

The GIF Exchange C001B7B16?
    08-20-14 07:05 PM
    a few years ago we had a blackberry factory in hungary, it was awesome to use a phone that was assembled in my country
    08-20-14 07:05 PM
    That's why we can't get a good price

Posted via my z10. "Living life on the edge"
    MontoyaOscar84 likes this.
    08-20-14 07:07 PM
    I'm pretty sure it's the foxconn Indonesian facility that is making it. Not certain though

The GIF Exchange C001B7B16?
    While I believe you're right, I don't know what contractual arrangement there might be to confine BlackBerry production to non-Chinese facilities.

That may be how it is now, but it would be unwise to assume that it will continue that way.
    08-20-14 07:08 PM
    a few years ago we had a blackberry factory in hungary, it was awesome to use a phone that was assembled in my country
    My old 9700 was made in Hungary. It was always concidered that the Hungarian units were far superior to the Mexican versions.

I do fire it up occasionally and it still runs like a dream.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" Get's a Ten from Fen.
    08-20-14 07:11 PM
    I can almost guarantee that the vast majority or the internal components are made in China still. Assembly is just one piece or the puzzle
    kmn5 likes this.
    08-20-14 07:11 PM
    I can almost guarantee that the vast majority or the internal components are made in China still. Assembly is just one piece or the puzzle
    I agree with you there 100%.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" Get's a Ten from Fen.
    08-20-14 07:27 PM
    I'm pretty sure it's the foxconn Indonesian facility that is making it. Not certain though.
    It was reported (back when the Z3 was announced) that initial production of the Z3 would be in China, with a plan towards eventually moving production (if continued production was necessary) to the Indonesian facility, which would have needed some updating/retooling. I haven't read anything on the matter since then, but IMO it's likely that the Z3's produced to date were made in one of the many Chinese Foxconn factories. They tend to be the newest and most up-to-date, so given the time constraints/rapid time-to-production of the Z3, using a Chinese facility makes sense.
    08-20-14 08:04 PM
    Foxconn is Taiwanese, that is different, kind of

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 09:08 PM
    Hi Everyone. This is the field I work in. Foxconn is a Taiwanese company and the HQ is in Taipei. They have manufacturing facilities in China with the main one in Shenzhen at this time. The products are purchased withing the stipulations of the contract they have with the client. The majority of the major components are not manufactured in China at this time but they are assembled there. So the Z3 is made in China at this time.
    lift likes this.
    08-20-14 09:34 PM
    What's wrong with China or any other country for that matter?

Posted Via CB10 using my new Z30
    kmn5 likes this.
    08-20-14 09:56 PM
    I can say that a very very large number of Blackberry have been, are being 'assembled' in China.
    Used phones, dump phones, defective phones, phones which are not economically feasible to fixed, excess parts, ect., all go to China, somewhere in Guangdong or the suburb of Shanghai. There they would be cannibalized, patched up, wired up, get new made-in-China frame or backdoor or else, then are sold in bundles. You can buy boxes and accessories for the related models, then get back to your shop to box the phones and accessories in as brand new. You can buy the labels with IMEI, MAC number and all the details to attach them onto the boxes yourselves. Well, one of the retailer shop even left the IMEI label on the table for the customer to chose. So you go in to buy a phone, then you can pick your own IMEI label and bring it home. You can put the label on the box and make a show-off to your friends later. Different labeling styles are available to make the phones appear to come from regions and countries proper to the label styles. You can find people from all over the world coming to this places to shop for Blackberry (as can be other phone brands). You've got Asian, African, Caucasian, people from India, Indonesia, Middle East, Nigeria, South Africa, South America.... If you try to think positive, this market increases the appearance of BB on the street. And don't you think that it only goes to third world countries because new BB handset prices are too high and in affordable. A good deal of them go back to North America and Europe. Ever buy a Z10 or Q10 on Ebay or Amazon, or even older models? Check the buyer review about the seller really really carefully.
    I saw kind of hot-wired BBRY phones a few years back, where a copper wire was used to connect two points on the mainboard or to connect one thing to another in the phone hardware. The jobs were rough and raw, but worked to get the phones running. The recent mass sale of Z10 (stock clearing?) came with a massive number of cooked up Z10s from China being mixed up with proper Z10 in the shops of the authorized dealers. Many people complained but BBRY representative only issued a warning of fake/cannibalized Z10 after BBRY local had cleared all the Z10 stock.
    BTW, I had and have also seen 'made-in-China BBRY phones', with dua SIMs, radio, and tivi function with a nice collapsible antenna in the back. I was really fancying a Bold 9000 model back then in 2009 so I could watch soccer in the office without getting any attention.
    Last edited by Hai Bo; 08-21-14 at 01:21 AM.
    08-20-14 11:11 PM

Ever used a socket wrench (or any supposedly-durable tool) that says "made in China"? LOL...

The being said, most smartphone buyers just want to pay the least amount for anything... so I wouldn't wish whatever cut-rate labor wages being paid at Foxconn, to anyone in any other country.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 11:31 PM

Taking every manufacturing job on the planet for one... we should be moving away from this model.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    08-21-14 01:39 AM
    China <> crap.

You get what you pay for. If you pay them more they will QA the **** out of the product. If you don't pay them much they won't and you get crap.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 02:54 AM
    Self explanatory... Lol!

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/23...ec6ba24094.jpg

Posted via Commodore 64
    Jtaylor1986 and VR6 like this.
    08-21-14 04:52 AM
    That doesn't mean that China is not capable of creating high quality products
    Last edited by menshawy; 08-22-14 at 02:27 PM.
    08-21-14 05:12 AM

It appears you may be trying to play the racism card. We are talking about quality of products not people. Typically low quality products which are made in China. Even with that being said Foxconn has proven they can manufacture a quality product.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    08-21-14 06:39 AM
    That doesn't mean that China is capable of creating high quality products
    One word...Apple

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 11:06 AM
    Ship has sailed.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 11:25 AM
    I just noticed this now..
    All Blackberry phones that I used so far is not assembled or Made in China not like other smartphones brand out there like iphone,etc.
    Im proud to be a blackberry phone user.
    Good quality phone! No to China!

Posted via CB10
    100% used to be made in waterloo ontario canda. but now with foxconn thats all over used to love seeing it all when i lived there my hometown.
    08-21-14 11:44 AM
35 12